2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

New Windtnnel and Simulator done by the end of the year: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-as ... /10645736/

It's all a big wind-up for the 2026 season. Honda, AMR, Alonso, ....,. The new regs are a good opportunity to reset.
With the new wind tunnel, on the other hand, which will be built in the third plant at Silverstone currently under construction, there will be a path that will allow the team to significantly speed up all procedures. First of all, in the third plant not only the wind tunnel will be born, but also the composites department that will be developed in several sectors, starting from the "raw" materials up to the modeling of the various projects that will have to be tested. In this way, the wind tunnel and the various specialized departments will be directly connected, ensuring greater operational flexibility.

Similarly, the new simulator will also guarantee a step forward compared to the current one. In recent years, teams have invested significantly, especially before the introduction of the budget cap, to purchase new technologies in step with the times. Many teams, for example, have invested in new simulators, such as Ferrari and Sauber, since the basic structures were now more than a few years behind them. A path also followed by Aston Martin, which has also decided to guarantee a new simulator that allows for much more accurate detections, especially at the hardware level, considering that this type of detection requires high-frequency inputs and responses to understand, for example, reactions based on the roughness of the asphalt.

-wkst-
-wkst-

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/08/ ... exibility/

They posted the same a week ago. Fallows must have talked to some media, maybe already in Spa.

Building 2 and 3 should open shortly, important especially for the staffs well-being (restaurant, gym, etc.) and AMR technology people will move from building 1 into building 2 (over 100 people). Wind tunnel guys will also have a better time I guess, once the tunnel is fully operational, when they can do the stuff during the week and not only on weekends (like currently in the Merc tunnel).

I read that the last "factory update video" was already made at the week of the British GP, when journalists were also invited. So nearly 2 months old...

KimiRai
KimiRai

It looks like Ferrari could bring upgrades around Baku-Singapore, probably Aston Martin also at a similar date. But in any case if the aim of this second half is to catch a good development line and start reducing the gap to the top 4, it means Aston must bring more performance than Ferrari's and the other teams upgrades. Fairly obvious but there's no other way to close the gap than this, they have to improve at a quicker rate. Difficult to say with all the troubles they've had but it's the only way.

Next upgrade must translate to more laptime than the Hungary ones which were on the low side, even if correlation was good at least.
Last edited by KimiRai on 20 Aug 2024, 20:35, edited 8 times in total.

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

KimiRai
KimiRai

GoranF1 wrote: ↑
20 Aug 2024, 19:44
Hopefully this is fake.....

https://lux.carmagazine.tv/my-son-stay- ... t-phucdat/
It's fake, probably AI. Broken english. Same website says AM fired Alonso :lol:

What I find funny is how you ended up there :D

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Finish 5th in WCC this season, hire Newey and then allow him to make the most of having more development time for 2026 than other top teams....

Is this the new El Plan? 😝
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Does Lawrence Stroll have a position with a title within the Aston Martin Formula One team? Forgive me for the basic question. I'm trying to understand whether he is considered a salaried employee for budget cap purposes. He is a team owner which seems like a grey area, but he clearly makes decisions about the team. Would that make him an employee in some way?

BassVirolla

AR3-GP wrote: ↑
20 Aug 2024, 23:53
Does Lawrence Stroll have a position with a title within the Aston Martin Formula One team? Forgive me for the basic question. I'm trying to understand whether he is considered a salaried employee for budget cap purposes. He is a team owner which seems like a grey area, but he clearly makes decisions about the team. Would that make him an employee in some way?
He is GOD (General Overview Deputy). :lol:

diffuser

20 Aug 2024, 23:53

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Mar ... ormula_One
Team principal(s)
Lawrence Stroll Chairman
Mike Krack      Team Principal
Andy Cowell     Group CEO
Andrew Alessi   Head of Technical Operations
Bob Bell        Technical Executive Director

Chief Technical Officer Enrico Cardile 
Technical director	Dan Fallows

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote: ↑
21 Aug 2024, 00:18
Not in any order
Lawrence Stroll Chairman
Enrico Cardile  Chief Technical Officer	
Dan Fallows     Technical director	
Thank you for this. So he is "chairman" of Aston Martin, not AMR F1. So he technically wouldn't be an employee of AMR F1.

As an aside, how is it possible that Adrian Newey can fit into this? It seems like someone has to move.
Andrew Alessi - Head ofTechnical Operations
Bob Bell - Technical Executive Director
Enrico Cardile - Chief Technical Officer
Dan Fallows - Technical director

KimiRai
KimiRai

21 Aug 2024, 00:26
Not in any order
Lawrence Stroll Chairman
Thank you for this. So he is "chairman" of Aston Martin, not AMR F1. So he technically wouldn't be an employee of AMR F1.

As an aside, how is it possible that Adrian Newey can fit into this? It seems like someone has to move.
The Race has made a chart in their recent video. Still missing quite a few people to get the full idea but it's better than nothing.

diffuser

21 Aug 2024, 00:26
Not in any order
Lawrence Stroll Chairman

Sorry I made a edit a put a link in.

Ashwinv16

KimiRai wrote: ↑
20 Aug 2024, 18:05
It looks like Ferrari could bring upgrades around Baku-Singapore, probably Aston Martin also at a similar date. But in any case if the aim of this second half is to catch a good development line and start reducing the gap to the top 4, it means Aston must bring more performance than Ferrari's and the other teams upgrades. Fairly obvious but there's no other way to close the gap than this, they have to improve at a quicker rate. Difficult to say with all the troubles they've had but it's the only way.

Next upgrade must translate to more lap time than the Hungary ones which were on the low side, even if correlation was good at least.
There are a few people saying that there is a good chance the Hungary GP package is not the full upgrades and the sidepods, rear wing coming. Some guy explained that the high drag encountered by Aston was in Spa was due to this as the floor is now high drag and downforce and the sidepods and rear wing is meant to bring the efficiency back. From Hungary it's clear that the car has pace in low downforce and is now good with tyres. They could spring a massive surprise at the Dutch gp. The only thing is I don't think there is a rear wing upgrade till monza but let's see.

Halo not as bad as we thought

ispano6

16 Aug 2024, 01:11
ispano6 wrote: ↑
15 Aug 2024, 22:46
14 Aug 2024, 20:11

Like what ? The ICE and MGU-H were already redesigned prior to STR and they were having a ton of problems ironing out the bugs.
Layout of components to accommodate bodywork, cooling, suspension geometry and COG(center of mass) targets.
Non of that is built by Honda. The block was also redesigned prior to leaving McLaren.
What are you talking about? RBR developed nothing about the current block for RB18-21. Honda designed the block to mate to their gearbox. Adrian Newey has already credited working with Honda as a reason for their success. I wouldn't expect anything less with the AMR collab.

diffuser

21 Aug 2024, 06:03
16 Aug 2024, 01:11
15 Aug 2024, 22:46

Layout of components to accommodate bodywork, cooling, suspension geometry and COG(center of mass) targets.
Non of that is built by Honda. The block was also redesigned prior to leaving McLaren.
What are you talking about? RBR developed nothing about the current block for RB18-21. Honda designed the block to mate to their gearbox. Adrian Newey has already credited working with Honda as a reason for their success. I wouldn't expect anything less with the AMR collab.
Nope, rules say the ICE connection to the gearbox is standard. You could connect the Merc, McLaren or Ferrari gearbox to it. Of course once you get past the connection to the ICE, you can do what you want with the gearbox sizing. The gearbox connections to the rear suspension are specific to the team though.