2024 Dutch Grand Prix - Zandvoort, Aug 23 - 25

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SiLo

Re: 2024 Dutch Grand Prix - Zandvoort, Aug 23 - 25

daren_p wrote:
27 Aug 2024, 15:29
Dunlay wrote:
27 Aug 2024, 09:28
willmesquita wrote:
26 Aug 2024, 17:12

By winning with +20s advantage.
The point remains that he had another poor start. Thanks to the car advantage, he could overtake and win. When Max was having the start issues, he spent a lot of time with the Honda engineers to understand things better on the engine side and ofcourse the other engineers to sort that out and for almost a year now, I don't remember him having a bad launch, like the one Lando had. So there is definite work on Lando's part.
While Lando had another bad start, this time Oscar did as well. So can't be sure if it was a Lando issue or a Mclaren issue. It was also posted somewhere on here that everyone in the top ten that started on the same clean side lost a position at the start, so not so sure we can put the blame all on Lando this time.
Starting to remind me of Mercedes in 2015/16. I think Mclaren need to look at their clutch, or some other part of their start strategy.
Felipe Baby!

Gillian
Gillian

SiLo wrote:
27 Aug 2024, 15:59
daren_p wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
27 Aug 2024, 09:28
The point remains that he had another poor start. Thanks to the car advantage, he could overtake and win. When Max was having the start issues, he spent a lot of time with the Honda engineers to understand things better on the engine side and ofcourse the other engineers to sort that out and for almost a year now, I don't remember him having a bad launch, like the one Lando had. So there is definite work on Lando's part.
While Lando had another bad start, this time Oscar did as well. So can't be sure if it was a Lando issue or a Mclaren issue. It was also posted somewhere on here that everyone in the top ten that started on the same clean side lost a position at the start, so not so sure we can put the blame all on Lando this time.
Starting to remind me of Mercedes in 2015/16. I think Mclaren need to look at their clutch, or some other part of their start strategy.
Yeah very similiar, Hamilton would have been champion in 2016 without his batch of bad starts. Shows how important it is for Mclaren/Norris to improve this.

SiLo

Gillian wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 20:25
SiLo wrote:
27 Aug 2024, 15:59
daren_p wrote:

Yeah very similiar, Hamilton would have been champion in 2016 without his batch of bad starts. Shows how important it is for Mclaren/Norris to improve this.
I think Rosberg did a better job of getting on top of the starts that year, ultimately won him a title.
Felipe Baby!