2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Darth-Piekus wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 14:32
What do you think of FP1?
Verstappen fastest =P~
Just a fan's point of view

mclaren111

Darth-Piekus wrote:

Difficult to say... It's FP1... Lots of testing...

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Darth-Piekus wrote:
Hard to tell but my take is that McLaren looks good on mediums and the car looks stable, fast and predictable.

On softs they matched Ferrari around the same time in the session. Verstappen was out on softs later and there was a lot of track improvement. He is probably flattered by it.

On team radio apparently Lando was not happy with his diff settings so there is plenty room to improve. I think we can be happy, they tested different front wings as well.

Btw kind of embarrassing of Antonelli. Going to be hard to announce him today after he crashed out after 10 minutes.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

FittingMechanics wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 14:36
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Hard to tell but my take is that McLaren looks good on mediums and the car looks stable, fast and predictable.

On softs they matched Ferrari around the same time in the session. Verstappen was out on softs later and there was a lot of track improvement. He is probably flattered by it.

On team radio apparently Lando was not happy with his diff settings so there is plenty room to improve. I think we can be happy, they tested different front wings as well.

Btw kind of embarrassing of Antonelli. Going to be hard to announce him today after he crashed out after 10 minutes.
On Medium tires Lando drove on a cut front wing. Then on Soft tires he showed the best time on a regular front wing without a cut on the upper flap. It is difficult to judge which balance is preferable. With the second option, a drop in maximum speed is possible.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

They switched the front wing during the medium run. I was watching the onboard and his engineer told him that it will be a longer stop due to change of the nose box.

Then probably stayed on it for the soft run. Plenty of data to digest. I'm confident in the team.

Emag
Emag

Ignore laptimes for this session. Lando didn't even pit before going on his "long run" at the end of the session. Probably all of them were heavy on fuel to gather as much data as possible on the shortened session. On the teamstream they even told Oscar to abort a second timed attempt to save time and go onto the longrun plan earlier.

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 15:04
Ignore laptimes for this session. Lando didn't even pit before going on his "long run" at the end of the session. Probably all of them were heavy on fuel to gather as much data as possible on the shortened session. On the teamstream they even told Oscar to abort a second timed attempt to save time and go onto the longrun plan earlier.
What’s your gauge for the long run times?
I feel like they are similar to the Zandvoort long runs that we saw
Just a fan's point of view

Emag
Emag

CjC wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 15:15
Emag wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 15:04
What’s your gauge for the long run times?
I feel like they are similar to the Zandvoort long runs that we saw
Meh, hardly representative. It was good pace, at least compared to Ferrari, but just 3-4 laps of it.

FP2 will paint a clearer picture, if we have a clean session.

mclaren111

Macklaren
Macklaren

does anyone have sector time rankings? how were we in the corners with a top speed that is decently close to the top?

Lucky
Lucky

Lando was fitted with another rear wing

Darth-Piekus

The car seems to be competitive and the team tends to run lower on fridays. Things are looking good so far.

Macklaren
Macklaren

still a very mixed picture but looks like we are not showing our hand at all. PIA yellow in S3 on his fastest lap. very metronomic long runs as well

Shader

It seems it's gonna be tight in the race., but then again P1 in qualy isn't even that important here... It's easy to overtake. So even if they scr*w up P1 and P2 tomorrow, it's still everything to play for on race day.

Emag
Emag

Ferrari is looking really good here, much better than recent races and they have had a really good car on tires to begin with.

Seems like it will be super tight with multiple cars in it for the win.