2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Luscion
Luscion

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

"Obviously, it's a concern," insisted Horner. "So the whole team's working very hard on it. It looks like it's an aero problem, and there needs to be an aero fix for it. The guys are working incredibly hard back at the factory to get on top of it.
https://racingnews365.com/horner-reveal ... g-red-bull

Sergej
Sergej

Luscion wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 18:58
"Obviously, it's a concern," insisted Horner. "So the whole team's working very hard on it. It looks like it's an aero problem, and there needs to be an aero fix for it. The guys are working incredibly hard back at the factory to get on top of it.
https://racingnews365.com/horner-reveal ... g-red-bull
mmm, interesting he's bothering to stress it's an aero problem.

rijtuig
rijtuig

Yea that rumour seems to be more and more a bothering thing.

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 18:43
Unless the "base car" can no longer run because it's no longer legal :-? Max used the Bahrain spec floor at Netherlands and he had similar balance issues
As an Aston fan that entire quote gives me PTSD...

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 18:43
Xyz22 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 18:41
AR3-GP wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 18:39

Are people forgetting how much the car changed after Bahrain?

They shrunk the sidepods and added the new cooling openings. These details have a profound effect on the management of the airflow even if they do not themselves generate downforce.
At this point, the only solution is to try the base car that won in Bahrain to understand if it feels different.
Unless the "base car" can no longer run because it's no longer legal :-? Max used the Bahrain spec floor at Netherlands and he had similar balance issues
They wouldn’t be talking about running the base car to find the balance if it was not legal.

The problem with running the base car anyway is that Verstappen never had to go to the ragged edge of the car early in the year. He could drive within the car because Mclaren was still using last year’s car. As soon as he needed to brake later and try and carry more corner speed, the limitations of the concept are exposed. The Mclaren was coherent conceptually but just in an early stage. The RB20 was incoherent but was just further along. That all ended with Mclaren’s Miami update.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Ted Kravitz (a Red Bull hater) already posted yesterday that he asked technical people all around the paddock this weekend and no one even off the record told him that Red Bull had something illegal.
Ted Kravitz: Were Red Bull affected by the asymmetrical braking? I asked everybody from technical people to people in the know and nobody says Red Bull were using it. And, what it seems is Red Bull's upgrades were downgrades. Andrew Shovlin went on the record saying that Red Bull's upgrades were downgrades.
Enough of the tired narratives. Did you know Aston has dropped even further than Red Bull? How come Merc is lost since the ban was implemented? This is just conspiracy stuff and it’s easy to invent because one does not like Red Bull. They are not the problem for Red Bull. This is the fallout of moving the technical leadership away from Newey and losing several key staff members. What is left simply isn’t good enough to solve the problems.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 01 Sep 2024, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Next year going to be very tuff...... time for Max to move out from RB.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

I'm yet to hear from anyone how the RB20 managed to immediately and permanently go backwards from both the Mercedes who were on old hard tyres after pitting for NEW mediums?

organic

Verstappen:
"Unfortunately, I don't have a degree in engineering or aerodynamics, but I think I've said all I can say in terms of feedback. It's clear to everyone now what we need to do. We need to turn the car upside down. Last year we had the most dominant car ever and now it looks like it's turned into a monster. Simply undriveable, we have a huge balance problem. It's true that I've said a lot and now it's up to the team to come up with a lot of changes."
Helmut Marko

"Max recognized on Saturday where the weakness of the car is," confirms Red Bull's top advisor Helmut Marko. "Together with the engineers, a decision was made on how to improve the car and make it competitive again. We just have to figure out which part made the car worse. If we knew that, we wouldn't be in this situation."
Telegraaf writes:
Marko reports that Red Bull will try out something again in Baku, in about two weeks, but also says that it is more realistic that the team will not be competitive again until Austin.
It's relieving to hear from Horner that the problem is mostly about aero.

Dee
Dee

GrizzleBoy wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 19:27
I'm yet to hear from anyone how the RB20 managed to immediately and permanently go backwards from both the Mercedes who were on old hard tyres after pitting for NEW mediums?
Have you not? Multiple people including Max have said that they detuned the engine during the race. That is also why Max was slower on the new mediums.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 19:32

Is this sarcasm? :lol:

DDopey
DDopey

Horner on a Dutch news Site (nu.nl):
"If you look at the McLaren, it seems very much an evolution of their car from last year," Horner said of Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri's car. "It is a much simpler car than ours. Perhaps our car has become too complex and we also need to simplify a few things."

Sergej
Sergej

organic wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 19:32

if he is saying the truth.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Verstappen complained at the start about something from hamilton, saying he left no room and how he himself got punished for exact move, did anyone see any replay? I was amazed it was not shown during the race.