2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Venturiation wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 23:48
Statement made
Yeah. And included in this statement is a precedent for next year. If Oscar is 40-60 points ahead of Lando in the title fight, does Oscar get priority from the team? The answer is no.

No priority for Lando in 2024 means no priority for Oscar in 2025. What a disaster they have made for themselves.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

If McLaren kept Riccardo on the team , Lando Norris would be 17 points further ahead. Minimum. And that's excluding Spa. Who was there when Lando went off at Spa
Last edited by TeamKoolGreen on 03 Sep 2024, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.

MTudor
MTudor

Szabi1112 wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 19:46
Having slept one day what was came to my mind is, i really hope Norris didn’t decide to leave the team to join Red Bull.

I think the team wasn’t fair. He had a good start and they had to let him lead the first lap (ordering Piastri not to carry out hatsh attack like he did).

It would have meant a lot for Lando who suffered a lot from losing positions in the first lap. Lando was a team player in Hungary but the team and Oscar wasn’t in Italy.

Maybe the team realized that Oscar is the future of Mclaren and that's why they didn't put the foot down,plus he is miles back on Max and they only want the WCC!

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

MTudor wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 00:14
Szabi1112 wrote:
Having slept one day what was came to my mind is, i really hope Norris didn’t decide to leave the team to join Red Bull.

I think the team wasn’t fair. He had a good start and they had to let him lead the first lap (ordering Piastri not to carry out hatsh attack like he did).

It would have meant a lot for Lando who suffered a lot from losing positions in the first lap. Lando was a team player in Hungary but the team and Oscar wasn’t in Italy.

Maybe the team realized that Oscar is the future of Mclaren and that's why they didn't put the foot down,plus he is miles back on Max and they only want the WCC!
The lunge cost the team the win. And the 1,2. That's a strange way of trying to win the WCC.

z.topoln
z.topoln

MTudor wrote:
Szabi1112 wrote:

Wcc and wdc chances are now, not in the future. In F1 you can never know what will happen next year, and you gotta take all the chances you can.

Piastri might be the future, but he isn't the present - Norris is. McLaren will rue their decisions at end of season, and probably in years to come. This has all the hallmarks of bmw sauber 2008

BMMR61

Chill out fans, there's so much to come. Will Red Bull raise their competitiveness and start winning making all these coulda woulda shoulda arguments irrelevant. If you focus on what COULD be forgetting about any of the other scenarios, you will tunnel vision your perspectives. Ferrari and Charles aren't out of the fight yet if Red Bull don't recover.

On the matter of the next few races...... I think Ferrari will be very quick at Baku and Singapore. Then USA, Mex, Brazil and Qatar should see McLaren come out ahead of Ferrari, so expect things to look finely balanced after Singapore, then some bright notes. My thoughts anyway.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

As Peter Windsor rightly said on Cameron F1, the only reason Lando wasn't preparing to defend a lunge from Piastri, was because of what happened in Hungary. If Lando didnt obey team orders in Hungary ,then he would have been prepared for a lunge from Piastri.

So now Lando obeys team orders on Hungery and still gets knifed by his teammate. I said it back then , he shouldn't have obeyed team orders. He'll never get paid back for it. It was all nonsense. Now obeying has cost him 2 wins

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 00:59
As Peter Windsor rightly said on Cameron F1, the only reason Lando wasn't preparing to defend a lunge from Piastri, was because of what happened in Hungary. If Lando didnt obey team orders in Hungary ,then he would have been prepared for a lunge from Piastri.

So now Lando obeys team orders on Hungery and still gets knifed by his teammate. I said it back then , he shouldn't have obeyed team orders. He'll never get paid back for it. It was all nonsense. Now obeying has cost him 2 wins
Norris did not perform some great gesture in Hungary to give up a win. He was not entitled to that win in the first place. It was a matter of principle to return the position when the team cheated Piastri out of the lead of the race by pitting him 2nd two times.

So I don’t understand why Hungary is brought up. Piastri doesn’t owe anyone anything because of Hungary. Hungary simply made things even after Norris was gifted the lead.

MTudor
MTudor

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
If McLaren kept Riccardo on the team , Lando Norris would be 17 points further ahead. Minimum. And that's excluding Spa. Who was there when Lando went off at Spa
Jesus,I can't believe what I'm reading 🤣🤣🤣

MTudor
MTudor

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 00:18
MTudor wrote:
Szabi1112 wrote:

The lunge cost the team the win. And the 1,2. That's a strange way of trying to win the WCC.

The lunge didn't cost the team 1-2,because both Norris and Piastri said they were distroing the front left and had no clue why?
For you to say that 1-2 was 100% theirs,it's either a fan boy Lando whomis saying it or you have a cristal ball and you can predict the future!!!
Last edited by MTudor on 03 Sep 2024, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.

Henri
Henri

https://x.com/F1BigData/status/1830594746315600022
Since miami McLaren have been faster than redbull in almost every race... the miami upgrade was big

rayden
rayden

Venturiation wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 23:48
Statement made
Talk about Lando not expecting a lunge so wasn't even ready/defending properly can be put to bed now. Lando was on the defensive checking mirrors and had the car positioned to defend as soon as he finished the traction phase out of turn 2.

Piastri seems to be much further ahead going into the braking zone than I remember too.

He does not lock up once and does not even put a wheel off track. That was a clean mugging. Piastri is a cold sniper.

That 3 in the last 4 races now where Piastri has taken Norris to school when it comes to racing....

JordanMugen

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 00:12
No priority for Lando in 2024 means no priority for Oscar in 2025. What a disaster they have made for themselves.
Not at all. McLaren doesn't care about WDC, so it doesn't matter. :)

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 00:59
So now Lando obeys team orders on Hungery and still gets knifed by his teammate.
Utter nonsense.

That was merely correcting the undercut, there was ZERO suggestion that Piastri's WDC help would be before Piastri is mathematically eliminated (or even necessarily in the 2024 season).

Norris was more than welcome to ignore the order to correct the undercut, be fired from McLaren, go to Red Bull and see what kind of wingman support he (doesn't) get from Max Verstappen! :wink:

If Webber has inserted the clause that there cannot be team orders against Piastri until Piastri is mathematically elimainted from the WDC, your expectations are totally unreasonable and would breach Piastri's contract. :)

mwillems

It's a lunge when you don't like the move, and last of the late breakers when you do.

Oscar was alongside before the corner so cannot really be classed as a lunge unless you are sore. I know several don't like that he did it, but it was a brilliant overtake who's opportunity was gifted to him by another mistake from Lando.

If that was anyone else getting past Lando then the focus would be absolutely on his choking and not on the driver politics.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

geogate
geogate

no team is going to contractually have a clause that a driver doesn't have to obey team orders - who comes up with this stuff! Im sure as part of their negotiations Mclaren agreed he would have equal status - why wouldn't they do that, its what they have always done anyway