2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Aston Martin AMR24

Disappointed that this team has not mad the most use of their wind tunnel allocation.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

-wkst-
-wkst-

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

ALO said in the press conference that Newey will focus on the 2026 car, unless they are fighting for the championship next year, which he doubts...

diffuser

KimiRai wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2024, 02:55
diffuser wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2024, 02:44
You're making shiit up now...I'd listen to that all day long...but spanish journalists basically said that the track team was trying to dictate to the factory, how they should develop the car. Now that's ARROGANCE!
What if they are right? Its not out of the realm of possibilities but you make it seem like it is. Maybe in the previous regs where you could just bolt on downforce and it would stick that would be enough, but now it's much more complicated and what the car actually does on track matters a lot (because you cannot simulate porpoising in the tunnel etc)

But I must insist that I have no clue, I just repeat what I read elsewhere. Hopefully Newey has the answers to this.
Problem with this is we're all talking about one or more conversations that we didn't personally listen to, our interpretations could be wrong.

Even if you tell the factory to copy something, they still need to design, adjust it to the AMR24 and then take it into the CDF/wind tunnel to get it right. What if the CDF and wind tunnel show that it doesn't work?

Alonso_fin
Alonso_fin

Re: Aston Martin AMR24

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2024, 13:28
Disappointed that this team has not mad the most use of their wind tunnel allocation.
They are probably trying to allocate all the problems for the next (probably last) update package for this year. I think they have already shifted their focus on next years car and just testing parts for the remainder of the season, just like the end of last season.

Hopefully they get a good base for next years car, so then they can exploit their new wind tunnel and facilities and hopefully utilize it to the maximum with the in season upgrades.
Watching F1 since 2004.

organic

organic wrote: ↑
11 Sep 2024, 16:27
Next big signing for AMR = Verstappen?

:wink:
Krack interview with formu1a uno

Courtship begins?
Asked whether the door was now open for Max Verstappen , he said: β€œThe door for Max Verstappen is always open
https://formu1a.uno/it/krack-su-newey-e ... re-aperta/

Sergej
Sergej

Very big kudos to AM for signing Newey and building a stellar facility; back in 2022 Stroll made a statement about growing AM into a title winning team, surely he's doing all the necessary to keep the promise.

I feel a piece is still missing from the puzzle, you don't spend billion for upgrading the factory and signing Newey just to give his cars to a mid driver (sorry Lance) and a, still exceptional, grandpa (sorry Nando).

KimiRai
KimiRai

Sergej wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2024, 18:02
I feel a piece is still missing from the puzzle, you don't spend billion for upgrading the factory and signing Newey just to give his cars to a mid driver (sorry Lance) and a, still exceptional, grandpa (sorry Nando).
83% of your posts are from the Red Bull thread so obviously you want Max in the team and that's totally fine.

They'll likely go for Verstappen at some point in the future, AM's long term is longer than Alonso's and any serious organisation worth its salt will be preparing an alternative for when the time comes. But I find it funny that previous to Newey's signing no one cared, yet 24h right after it happened immediately everyone is calling Alonso old and telling him to retire :lol: What a coincidence right?

Alonso will have a chance for himself first in 2026. Then we'll see, he could totally retire after that and be replaced by Max
Last edited by KimiRai on 12 Sep 2024, 20:08, edited 3 times in total.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

12 Sep 2024, 15:51
11 Sep 2024, 16:27
Next big signing for AMR = Verstappen?

:wink:
Krack interview with formu1a uno

Courtship begins?
Asked whether the door was now open for Max Verstappen , he said: β€œThe door for Max Verstappen is always open
https://formu1a.uno/it/krack-su-newey-e ... re-aperta/
The door is always open even for Magnussen, but is doesn't mean nothing.

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

12 Sep 2024, 19:14
Alonso will have a chance for himself first. Then we'll see.
I am PRAYING for this to be true. I need Alonso 3x WDC [-o<

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

They'll likely go for Verstappen at some point in the future, AM's long term is longer than Alonso's and any serious organisation worth its salt will be preparing an alternative for when the time comes. But I find it funny that previous to Newey's signing no one cared, yet 24h right after it happened immediately everyone is calling Alonso old and telling him to retire :lol: What a coincidence right?
I don't think many people have done that on here. Lance is the one that should be gone. Otherwise Alonso should absolutely get his chance for carrying the team in the last few seasons, especially last year. P4 WDC was incredible considering the mess of a car that he had for 2/3rds of the season. Aston was 5th in the WCC. Lance, the one who they claim is going to be WDC, couldn't do anything with last year's car even when it was good.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 12 Sep 2024, 19:50, edited 2 times in total.

Sergej
Sergej

12 Sep 2024, 18:02
83% of your posts are from the Red Bull thread so obviously you want Max in the team and that's totally fine.

No, Alonso will have a chance for himself first. Then we'll see.
nah, it's not like that

of course as a Max fan I would like to see him in a new challenge, be it Mercedes or Aston Martin

but I really think, the way Stroll is building a super team, it's just feel like the super driver is still missing, not that Alonso is not super, but is he the one for opening a cycle ? maybe not anymore, and notice that for me that missing piece can also be a Leclerc, a Russell, a Piastri, even though of course the most fitting seems to be Verstappen; but it's just my opinion, I could very well be wrong

and that said, I honestly would be very happy to see Alonso winning his third title in a Newey car, he would deserve that.

KimiRai
KimiRai

12 Sep 2024, 19:48
nah, it's not like that

of course as a Max fan I would like to see him in a new challenge, be it Mercedes or Aston Martin

but I really think, the way Stroll is building a super team, it's just feel like the super driver is still missing, not that Alonso is not super, but is he the one for opening a cycle ? maybe not anymore, and notice that for me that missing piece can also be a Leclerc, a Russell, a Piastri, even though of course the most fitting seems to be Verstappen; but it's just my opinion, I could very well be wrong

and that said, I honestly would be very happy to see Alonso winning his third title in a Newey car, he would deserve that.
No I think we agree dont get me wrong. AM long term future is not with Fernando, that is obvious, Fernando is 43 and he won't be there forever. And it is likely AM will go for Max at some point, he is the best out there and most suitable for their future.

I am just saying everyone wants a piece of the Newey cake but it's Spanish granpa's moment for now. Respect your elders :wink: :lol:

I doubt they will break his contract and force him to retire before 2026. It would be a massive betrayal. After 2026 then its possible.
Last edited by KimiRai on 12 Sep 2024, 20:24, edited 5 times in total.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Back to the present my guys. Anything new about upgrades this wekend?

peewon

AM have drivers under contract for 2026. Its perfect for Max. He can wait and see who has a good car and make a decision. Alonso could retire. There was some indication that Lance may move to WEC. If Lawrence brings Max to AM then it means at least they've given up trying to make Lance win because hes not going to step aside to let Lance win races. Maybe Stroll has realized Lance can at best only win an odd race or two at most and now focused on running it as pure business. Have Max and Alonso together with Newey and sell the team to the Saudis for a 100% markup. I can easily see them paying well above market rate for a team like that.

KimiRai
KimiRai

De la Rosa on the F1 podcast
It's a challenging phase of the season, that's for sure. But I think there's a lot of interesting things that are happening in the factory right now, we understand our issues, we understand where we have to improve the car, that's where the team is working flat out in our campus, you know, so you just have to be a bit more patient. Baku will be tough again for sure, but we haven't given up on 2024, there are updates coming, they will be delivered at the track when they're ready, we cannot put a date in place but be a bit more patient - that's the thing I would ask the people, we are working flat out and we know what we should do now.
In the meantime a small change arrived.

12 Sep 2024, 17:38