2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
avantman
avantman

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Bill wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 15:09
Dunlay wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 15:04
What's up with Max? He is struggling, making mistakes and got beaten by Perez for the first time! Luckily, his championship challenger is a mess.
these has always been max weakest track.the irony is these is supposed to be a driver's track.max just don't do street track right ,mexico is the exception.
ahaha, Baku now became the "driver's track" . I thought these are Spa and Suzuka. Live and learn something new every day!!! Ahahahaha... =D>

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sergej wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 15:34
you also have Perez, not sure they will get him out of the way, not even sure he will be slower than Max actually
Red Bull has a teflon shield for team orders this weekend. The media cleared the way for it after slamming Mclaren for not using them in Monza. They can't turn back on that narrative now :lol: . At least not without losing all credibility.

Red Bull should do whatever is needed even if Perez must be told to slow. For Perez, if he wants to stay out of it, then he needs to make a statement and get some overtakes done on the opening laps so that it doesn't make sense to change position. There cannot be a repeat of Spa with the DRS train.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 14 Sep 2024, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

avantman wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 16:01
Bill wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 15:09
Dunlay wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 15:04
What's up with Max? He is struggling, making mistakes and got beaten by Perez for the first time! Luckily, his championship challenger is a mess.
these has always been max weakest track.the irony is these is supposed to be a driver's track.max just don't do street track right ,mexico is the exception.
ahaha, Baku now became the "driver's track" . I thought these are Spa and Suzuka. Live and learn something new every day!!! Ahahahaha... =D>
Street track tracks have always been known as driver track that is even if you dont have a fast car a good driver can make the difference ,that how senna build his legend around monaco.it's a bit like in the rain.suzuka and spa are about aero efficiency and engine power.

Wouter

Verstappen disappointed with P6 in Baku

“I knew after the first run in Q1 that it was going to be difficult. A few things had changed on the car and that made it very difficult. A lot of bouncing at the back, so every time when entering and exiting the corner the car bounced a lot,” Verstappen explains to Viaplay [Dutch F1 broadcast].

“That just made it very difficult. Q2 went reasonably well, but for me in the car it just didn’t feel right. I couldn’t optimize in the middle of the corner. I also had a bit too much understeer, you don’t want that on a street circuit,” the Dutchman adds.

“Q3 had to be better of course, but in that first run I made that mistake at the last corner. The car broke out there. In the run after that I had a lot of trouble with the bouncing again. And if you’re not completely comfortable with that, you can’t attack,” Verstappen continues, who does have an idea of ​​what caused the problem.

"We've adjusted some things and then you know where it comes from. It sucks. You always try to make the best of it. It's not that I'm dejected in the car or anything, but I knew it was going to be difficult," said Verstappen, who also has little confidence in Red Bull's race pace. "With the car we have now, it doesn't feel good of course, but we'll see."
Horner: 'We need to look at what happened to Verstappen'

Both Red Bull Racing team drivers failed to finish in the top three during qualifying for the Azerbaijan Grand Prix. Sergio Perez finished qualifying in P4, while Max Verstappen only set the sixth fastest time this afternoon in Baku. Christian Horner rated his drivers' qualifying.

''It was just a scrappy Q3,'' Horner began to Viaplay following the session. ''The balance of the car actually seemed pretty good in Q2. The balance of the car actually in Q2 seemed to be pretty good. Max was pretty happy with it. And unfortunately, he just wasn't there on those last two sets of tyres. So we need to look at why.''

The team principal also explained that Sergio Perez made a small mistake on his last flying lap. ''With Checo, he had a bit of a lock-up at the end of just after the first sector, probably costing 0.2 of a second. So I think there was a better lap in there for him as well,'' Horner said.

Still, the Briton is looking positively at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix. ''it's a track that you can overtake at. So those grid positions aren't disastrous. I don't think we've ever had a pole position here. So unfortunately today we haven't broken that record either.''
The Power of Dreams!

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

Red Bull definitively improved a lot, I think their race pace will be good, Max can get podium easily. Considering that it was just a quick patchwork, and more significant upgrades will come to Singapore and Austin, I think Red Bull will dominate again later in the season, they have the pace, just have to fully unlock it. Verstappen could have got pole position without that big mistake, so the car is good.

sport777
sport777

pantherxxx wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 16:13
Red Bull definitively improved a lot, I think their race pace will be good, Max can get podium easily. Considering that it was just a quick patchwork, and more significant upgrades will come to Singapore and Austin, I think Red Bull will dominate again later in the season, they have the pace, just have to fully unlock it. Verstappen could have got pole position without that big mistake, so the car is good.
I don’t quite agree, with high downforce, the Red Bull was quite a bit faster than the Mercedes Russell, while the Merc is the most unloaded, the Merc seems to me to be struggling with the tires, and could not get them to work S1, what am I talking about, Red Bull has problems with the S3, competitors are sometimes up to 0.5 faster than them on the main straight, in a race this can be a problem

organic

Sounds like they chose the wrong settings for quali

avantman
avantman

Wtf are you talking about, gosh. Pole position…

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I think Russell is a big potential banana peel for Max tomorrow. He just needs to clear the first lap in 1 piece.

Sergej
Sergej

"I would rather just put it back [to the previous setup]. But that's not possible now. I'm bummed out that I went in that direction, normally it can be positive, only on a bumpy street circuit it's just too extreme.

You can't change anything about it now, so you have to make the best of it and hope it's a bit better at the beginning with more fuel. After that you drive the tank empty and the problem is bound to come back. We'll see."

amazing

I repeat, target is to arrive ahead of Norris, everything more is just a bonus

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

The bouncing on the rear. Why does it happen? It will not be good for tire degradation in the race.

organic

Russell's possibly getting a grid penalty, so max could end up starting p5 behind Perez. Not bad if they can invert the positions early

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 17:25
Russell's possibly getting a grid penalty, so max could end up starting p5 behind Perez. Not bad if they can invert the positions early
Whats the reason for Russell penalty?

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 17:26
organic wrote:
Summoned to stewards for allegedly failing to slow for yellows

chrisc90

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 17:26
organic wrote:
Alleged failing to slow under yellows in Q1