2024 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JordanMugen

Re: 2024 Alpine F1 Team

Does Alpine (presumably) not putting in the highest bid of (say) £35m p/a (and full technical control) for Adrian Newey's services, show a lack of desire by Alpine to win at any cost? :?:

Aston Martin-Honda's plan to win the championships seems more coherent than Alpine-Renault's or Alpine-Mercedes' plan IMO.

Briatore recently talked of a plan for podiums in 2027 which seems very unambitious. 2026 is a new set of regulations, the Alpine team is rebuilt since 2016 over 11 years, surely Alpine can come of the gate with the fastest car?

Fans can probably assume too that it's Aston Martin Racing who are likely to make the big offers like say $100m p/a for the services of the likes of Max Verstappen, whereas I don't have much confidence in Alpine-Mercedes being willing to make such offers to secure the services of Verstappen (or even of Russell or Leclerc or Norris or Piastri, lol, etc).

Not to say that Gasly or Doohan will not be capable of winning the WDC for Alpine-Mercedes. =D>

Vanja #66

2026 PU decision by the end of the month

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alpi ... /10652510/
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Foryster
Foryster

Sounds like decision is made already. He is now only blurring it.

De Meo is just not ambitious. Honda and Audi are doing their own engine, spending massive millions. Renault is in more comfortable situation - they have already fully functional factory. Their engine is weaker by 20HP but frozen. They have prepared upgrade but was rejected by FIA.

100milion for engine, is it really that much? You would spend more on marketing to comprehend the negative talk around Renault, or on the brand visibility.

Why they do not team-up with GM to split the costs of the engine and become 2 cooperating teams once Andretti joins the party? It looks reasonable.

To be honest I really think to stop supporting this team once they become Mercedes. There wont be anything French anymore. There wont be anything Renault anymore, just the stakes.

diffuser

Foryster wrote:
09 Sep 2024, 11:44
Sounds like decision is made already. He is now only blurring it.

De Meo is just not ambitious. Honda and Audi are doing their own engine, spending massive millions. Renault is in more comfortable situation - they have already fully functional factory. Their engine is weaker by 20HP but frozen. They have prepared upgrade but was rejected by FIA.

100milion for engine, is it really that much? You would spend more on marketing to comprehend the negative talk around Renault, or on the brand visibility.

Why they do not team-up with GM to split the costs of the engine and become 2 cooperating teams once Andretti joins the party? It looks reasonable.

To be honest I really think to stop supporting this team once they become Mercedes. There wont be anything French anymore. There wont be anything Renault anymore, just the stakes.
It's kind of odd that they'd be getting out when it's getting cheaper to be in F1. I'm sure that 95M USD PU CAP is probably close to what you pay for advertising in F1. At the end of the day, it comes down to if Renault want to spend the 95M. If they don't, I don't think they care if you're an Alpine fan or not.

JordanMugen

Foryster wrote:
There wont be anything French anymore. There wont be anything Renault anymore, just the stakes.
Why is there so little Renault signage on the current car? Why not a Renault logo above the Alpine logo on the nose, and "Renault" instead of "Alpine" on the rear wing? :?: :)

Concept:

The same goes for the racesuits...

Racesuit concept:

ME4ME

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gasl ... /10654304/
Alpine's Pierre Gasly has been disqualified from Formula 1's Azerbaijan Grand Prix qualifying for falling foul of the FIA's fuel flow regulations.

After qualifying 13th in Baku, Gasly's car failed scrutineering as FIA sensors revealed the Frenchman's engine "exceeded the instantaneous fuel mass flow" during Q2.

Gasly was thrown out of the results soon after, which is the latest setback for Alpine after a troubled weekend.

Team-mate Esteban Ocon was parked after just three laps in FP1 with MGU-H issues, leading to an engine change.

Ocon broke down again at the start of FP3 with a fuel pump failure and would end up qualifying last after tagging the wall in Q1.

Gasly is now set to join him and Sauber's Zhou Guanyu, who is taking an engine penalty, on the back of the grid, unless Alpine decides to use the opportunity to make further changes and start from the pitlane instead.
Funny how Briatore joins the team, a push for Mercedes engines is made and many convenient events happen that would support such decision.

diffuser

ME4ME wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 19:48
Alpine's Pierre Gasly has been disqualified from Formula 1's Azerbaijan Grand Prix qualifying for falling foul of the FIA's fuel flow regulations.

After qualifying 13th in Baku, Gasly's car failed scrutineering as FIA sensors revealed the Frenchman's engine "exceeded the instantaneous fuel mass flow" during Q2.

Gasly was thrown out of the results soon after, which is the latest setback for Alpine after a troubled weekend.

Team-mate Esteban Ocon was parked after just three laps in FP1 with MGU-H issues, leading to an engine change.

Ocon broke down again at the start of FP3 with a fuel pump failure and would end up qualifying last after tagging the wall in Q1.

Gasly is now set to join him and Sauber's Zhou Guanyu, who is taking an engine penalty, on the back of the grid, unless Alpine decides to use the opportunity to make further changes and start from the pitlane instead.
Funny how Briatore joins the team, a push for Mercedes engines is made and many convenient events happen that would support such decision.
Maybe they were doing a bunch of stuff to help Renault save face before, the took the gloves off now.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

ME4ME wrote:

Funny how Briatore joins the team and in a single race they break a PU rule and are found to have changed PU components without telling the FIA.....

A cheetah never changes its spots....
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

McG

Because Renault want nothing to do with how bad they are performing. It's a shame to see this decline. I've always had a soft spot for Renault and wished Nissan would take an interest along with Renault. Now we are talking about them using Mercedes engines. Such a shame.

JordanMugen wrote:
09 Sep 2024, 16:17
Foryster wrote:
There wont be anything French anymore. There wont be anything Renault anymore, just the stakes.
Why is there so little Renault signage on the current car? Why not a Renault logo above the Alpine logo on the nose, and "Renault" instead of "Alpine" on the rear wing? :?: :)

Concept:
https://i.imgur.com/J34P2VT.png

The same goes for the racesuits...

Racesuit concept:
https://i.imgur.com/y5D0eHA.png
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

McG

You're right he is a horrible pig. Thought he was banned for life from F1
PapayaFan481 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 13:00
ME4ME wrote:

Funny how Briatore joins the team and in a single race they break a PU rule and are found to have changed PU components without telling the FIA.....

A cheetah never changes its spots....
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.