2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sergej
Sergej

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Madhouse wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 12:44
Hot rumour - if Perez fails to score double digit points at this race, he will be booted.
double digit points ? well that could be difficult even for Max lol

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

So the stewards have summoned Max for his language during the press conference. Could this sport become as petty as this...ridiculous

https://x.com/kunalashah/status/1837081793381454239

Paa

Luscion wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 12:48
chrisc90 wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 12:45
What language did max use yesterday in the press conference?

FIA butthurt about being told how it is I presume??

i feel like surely the fia can find better use of their time
These are exactly the things why Max won't stay around for long.
But hey, at least we'll have a polite and PC F1.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

chrisc90 wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 12:45
What language did max use yesterday in the press conference?

FIA butthurt about being told how it is I presume??
I also presume they're retaliating against him because of his comment in response to the language warning from Ben sulayem

search

After the session, Marko said that their Austin upgrade should bring them back on winning ways. Based on the numbers, it will add a lot of downforce without losing ground elsewhere.

Today, most of their time lose came from the 90° corners in sector 2, which he expects to be reduced with some setup adjustments.

Sergej
Sergej

search wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 13:03
After the session, Marko said that their Austin upgrade should bring them back on winning ways. Based on the numbers, it will add a lot of downforce without losing ground elsewhere.

Today, most of their time lose came from the 90° corners in sector 2, which he expects to be reduced with some setup adjustments.
all the recent failed upgrades were "based on the numbers", so promising words but I'll keep my hopes at bay till Austin sunday evening

Paa

Sergej wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 13:09
search wrote:

all the recent failed upgrades were "based on the numbers", so promising words but I'll keep my hopes at bay till Austin sunday evening
I think this time they mean real life numbers, what they learned from things measured on track.
But yes, good to hear positive news, but I'm a bit worried until see track validation.

Luscion
Luscion

Well this is...something

bananapeel23

Paa wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 13:11
Sergej wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 13:09
search wrote:

I think this time they mean real life numbers, what they learned from things measured on track.
But yes, good to hear positive news, but I'm a bit worried until see track validation.
I think the lesson you should take from this regulation set is that once you start having correlation issues, they are VERY difficult to resolve. Mercedes and Aston Martin have had countless false dawns, and it took Ferrari several years of correlation issues to get back to winning ways.

Aston Martin and Mercedes have both reverted to older specs a bunch of times to try and figure out what is going on, thought they have solved it and then brought upgrades that caused issues to reappear. Even if they figured out what development direction caused issues, there is no guarantee that going back to the stable baseline and developing in another direction won't cause other issues to present themselves.

My personal guess is that there isn't really one cause of these correlation issues, instead there are tons of different development directions from a stable car that lead to correlation issues. So even if you manage to figure out what caused your instability. Pursuing a different development direction might not necessarily mean you won't run into correlation issues anyway.

McLaren and Ferrari both seem to have resolved their issues by eliminating the floor details that tend to lead to issues. They have realized that they have no clue how to actually predict floor behaviour, and reverted to optimizing the hell out of a relatively simple floor geometry, presumably giving up a bunch of load in order to eliminate variables. Ferrari has more or less removed all of their floor kicks and small radius geometry in order to get more predictable behaviour. McLaren hasn't gone as far, but have pursued a similar direction. Meanwhile Red Bull and Mercedes have been running super complex floors with a bunch of kicks and other complex floor geometry. These floors may well generate more load, but they're so incredibly complex that their real world performance becomes nearly impossible to predict.

Bill
Bill

Watto wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 02:30
Bill wrote:
16 Sep 2024, 18:06
Watto wrote:
16 Sep 2024, 17:59
i use common sense
Common sense I tend to think they are flouting the rules. But I think almost ever successful team does it. Red Bull back in the days were the masters of flexing wings and making it comply with any test, even if peak loads were well above it.

The changing of blown diffuser rules.Exhaust locations. Then the hold and cold blown diffusers, Merc with DAS. Various teams with variations of holes in the front wing running through the cockpit where the driver was required at times to cover the hold iirc was about stalling the rear wing? There were iirc rules about mechanical methods to make that work they got around it saying it was for driver cooling.

I do think the FIA perhaps picks and chooses when it wants to clamp down on such things.Where they pass every test but maybe not the intent of the test. I am very skeptical of the excuse it would take too long to have teams comply. I think if teams had to they could do it very very quickly - lose the advantage it provided but still pass every test etc.
mclaren have been forced to change the rearwing after redbull lauched a complaint,so i was right

bluechris

Bill wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 13:50
Watto wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 02:30
Bill wrote:
16 Sep 2024, 18:06

i use common sense
Common sense I tend to think they are flouting the rules. But I think almost ever successful team does it. Red Bull back in the days were the masters of flexing wings and making it comply with any test, even if peak loads were well above it.

The changing of blown diffuser rules.Exhaust locations. Then the hold and cold blown diffusers, Merc with DAS. Various teams with variations of holes in the front wing running through the cockpit where the driver was required at times to cover the hold iirc was about stalling the rear wing? There were iirc rules about mechanical methods to make that work they got around it saying it was for driver cooling.

I do think the FIA perhaps picks and chooses when it wants to clamp down on such things.Where they pass every test but maybe not the intent of the test. I am very skeptical of the excuse it would take too long to have teams comply. I think if teams had to they could do it very very quickly - lose the advantage it provided but still pass every test etc.
mclaren have been forced to change the rearwing after redbull lauched a complaint,so i was right
As most of the people when they saw that :)

chrisc90

To be fair, from what I’ve read, majority of the paddock was complaining about it - not just red bull.

Waz
Waz

Madhouse wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 12:44
Hot rumour - if Perez fails to score double digit points at this race, he will be booted.
I had a feeling that the language around his incident in Baku wasn't quite reflecting the truth from Marko and Horner.

Not being sensible while in a good position wasn't going to go down well, especially as it meant the difference of being 3 points behind in the WCC or 20.

Sergej
Sergej

Helmut Marko: "Three times we protested against McLaren's rear wing. Today the FIA made a very correct decision. McLaren's rear wing is not allowed. Now it's time to look at their front wing."

bro wants more lol

Cassius
Cassius

Looking at the telemetry on F1-tempo, Max' engine seemed to be tuned down a bit more than Norris'. Their fast laps had similar trace on the straights, while in the race sim, Max lost a few tenths.

Overall Norris seemed faster still, and the Ferraris as well, but the gap so far is less then what I had expected.