Silly season 2024-2025

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jambier

Re: Silly season 2024-2025

- RIC I loved him but… F1 is past for him, I hope he can race elsewhere and have success

- SAR out was about time, COL seems very promising

- LAW deserve this seat! He should have had it earlier

- Now there is still BOT and PER taking two seats, honestly there time is behind them they should leave and let the seats for new drivers

- In a sense I see SAI going to Williams like BOT was going to Sauber, end of career , it is a shame because I think SAI deserve to be here .

Now the 1 million dollar question: will VER join Aston in 2027 or quit F1

renault rs26
renault rs26

Jambier wrote:
27 Sep 2024, 18:02
- RIC I loved him but… F1 is past for him, I hope he can race elsewhere and have success

- Now there is still BOT and PER taking two seats, honestly there time is behind them they should leave and let the seats for new drivers

- In a sense I see SAI going to Williams like BOT was going to Sauber, end of career , it is a shame because I think SAI deserve to be here .

I want to see Bottas vs Hulk in the same car expecting Bottas to be ahead.
F1 youtubers complaining about Riccardo is getting ridiculous. He's sacked the same way as Sargeant for driving like Sargeant.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

"F1 youtubers complaining about Riccardo is getting ridiculous. He's sacked the same way as Sargeant for driving like Sargeant". It was actually different from Sargeant, First was non of the F1 media was on the side of Sargeant, and secondly, Riccardo was sacked twice for his driving.

PlatinumZealot

Jambier wrote:

Need to see BOT against another established driver. Hulk would be a good benchmark.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Nickel
Nickel

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Sep 2024, 20:47

Need to see BOT against another established driver. Hulk would be a good benchmark.
Do we though? He hasn't exactly wiped the floor with Zhou and nobody seems to rate him.

Frankly I'd much rather see Colapinto go up against hulk But that's just me.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Nickel wrote:
28 Sep 2024, 23:28
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Do we though? He hasn't exactly wiped the floor with Zhou and nobody seems to rate him.

Personally I'd prefer Col vs Bot.... Buts that's because I have some irrational dislike of Hulk that I simply cannot explain lol
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

I think we need to make room for Bortoleto and Hadjar

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

It's almost like we need a couple more teams on the grid lol
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Jambier

Nickel wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Same.
BOT win races but this is the past, and I really like what I see from COL

zeph
zeph

PapayaFan481 wrote:
29 Sep 2024, 23:17
Twelve teams, twenty-four cars. Totally doable, but the current teams are all too worried about having to share the pie with two upstarts.
Jambier wrote:
If I was Lance Stroll, I'd pay a million dollars to keep him away.

Alonso at age 43 already makes him look ineffective, how is he gonna look next to peak Verstappen?

JordanMugen

zeph wrote:
30 Sep 2024, 20:47
PapayaFan481 wrote:
Twelve teams, twenty-four cars. Totally doable, but the current teams are all too worried about having to share the pie with two upstarts.
The upstarts should have purchased the numerous bankrupt F1 team that were available for sale. :)

I.e., one worries teams are applying because of the improved commercial package of F1 and NOT because they are true racers desperate to build and race Grand Prix cars. If they are true racers, the $500m+ budget of some upstarts should more than cover their forming of breakaway Grand Prix series that would provide not just 4 but 20+ extra Grand Prix seats!

Jambier wrote:
30 Sep 2024, 09:22
Same.
BOT win races but this is the past, and I really like what I see from COL
Perhaps, yet Bottas was so much worse than his predecessor Rosberg by almost every measure. :|

Mercedes should probably have just put Russell straight into the car as a rookie in 2019, like with Antonelli. I can't imagine a rookie Russell would have performed worse than experienced Bottas did in 2019-2021. Russell may have even been able to secure one of those WDCs -- who knows?

renault rs26
renault rs26

PapayaFan481 wrote:
29 Sep 2024, 12:18
Nickel wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Personally I'd prefer Col vs Bot.... Buts that's because I have some irrational dislike of Hulk that I simply cannot explain lol
I have similar feeling, I think it's because he's overrated. He wasn't better than Perez, washed by Ricciardo, mess up every time he has a chance for podium.

codetower

PapayaFan481 wrote:
Nah, I think we have enough traffic on the grid now.

Me personally, I think we just need to clean up the drivers. We have too many drivers that are good, but not good enough to make a difference. Drivers like Gasly, Bottas, Stroll, Ocon, Albon, Perez... they are decent drivers, some are even good drivers, but realistically there aren't any top teams knocking on their doors wanting to bring them in, they've all peaked. I think we can open up a good 4+ seats for some of these young drivers.

mvfad

I really don't understand what the advantage would be for Sauber/Audi in signing Colapinto or Bortoleto on loan. There are other drivers who can be as good as Colapinto or Bortoleto and are free on the market. Like Pourchaire, Drugovich, and Shwartzman.They all have the potential to be at least as good as the COL or BOR. And I bet they would all accept short and risky contracts just to have an opportunity to show what they are capable of. If they don't perform, they can just be changed.

The teams despise Pourchaire and Drugovich for having been champions in only their third year in F2, but both had a better rookie year than Colapinto (Drugovich was in the same team as Colapinto when MP was a lot of weaker than now, by the way). Shwartzman was not F2 champion, but he was always very competitive.

And continuing with Bottas means continuing with mediocrity. Audi already has Hulk's experience, they don't need Bottas. With young talents, you can have some surprises, something new. Everyone already knows what Bottas is capable of and it's not that great.
Last edited by mvfad on 05 Oct 2024, 04:41, edited 1 time in total.

JordanMugen

mvfad wrote:
02 Oct 2024, 16:56
I really don't understand what the advantage would be for Sauber/Audi in signing Colapinto or Bortoleto on loan. There are other drivers who can be as good as Colapinto or Bortoleto and are free on the market. Like Pourchaire, Drugovich, and Shwartzman.They all have the potential to be at least as good as the COL or BOR. And I bet they would all accept short and risky contracts just to have an opportunity to show what they are capable of. If they don't perform, they can just be changed.
Yes, Pourchaire would be the sensible choice. What's the worst that can happen? Pourchaire is slow and unimpressive is and is dropped part way through his first season -- oh well.

Otherwise Pourchaire might be OK to good, it would put all the Pourchaire rumours to bed either way. :)