2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
05 Oct 2024, 19:45
diffuser wrote:
05 Oct 2024, 00:14
FNTC wrote:
04 Oct 2024, 22:42
Alonso knows he is there to try to help make Lance a future champion, but I am pretty certain that if Alonso gets a car that he can fight with, he is going to do his best to get another championship, and then he can help Lance after that.
Nothing has changed about Alonso except his audio toward his team mate. What happens on the track is still 100% all out, NO-HOLDS-BARRED!
The problem that nobody helps for also as a team mate,nobody faster from him in some sectors so he could improve also. For Alonso literally useless to look at Stroll telemetry. At Mercedes or McLaren the team mates push each other to the limits, this missing from Aston. Still Stroll the 2nd driver Alonso will not be 3th world champion for sure even with a rocket car.
That's an interesting point but drivers can't always do what other drivers do. Looking at Max's telemetry hasn't helped Perez. Also, on the occasion that Perez has been faster than Maz, looking at Perez's telemetry hasn't helped Max.

zoroastar

i hope there is a sudden boost in performance with this next upgrade that couldnt possibly be from Newey helping during his gardening leave. imagine if they suddenly started fighting for wins (dreaming i know). it would be the ultimate Newey flex/troll. haha

Chuckjr

FNTC wrote:
and then he can help Lance after that.
Not if the car is another championship contender. Fred would simply go out and win another championship and make it 4 on the bounce. That pattern would continue until Aston Newey no longer made a championship contending car. Should that end up being 5 years of contending, then Fred would win 5 more championships. The end.
Watching F1 since 1986.

diffuser

Chuckjr wrote:
06 Oct 2024, 09:43
FNTC wrote:
Not if the car is another championship contender. Fred would simply go out and win another championship and make it 4 on the bounce. That pattern would continue until Aston Newey no longer made a championship contending car. Should that end up being 5 years of contending, then Fred would win 5 more championships. The end.
Or Stroll beat him :)

Nikosar
Nikosar

Interesting interview from Otmar at High Performance where he revealed that he left Aston because Martin Whitmarsh joined as CEO and took off from him all the responsibilities. He claims that he passed from controlling 90% of the f1 team to 10%.

Very hard to believe that this is the real reason of his departure. Do you think Krack under Whitmarsh had the same % of control ? And do you think this is still the case with Andy Cowell ?

Many articles prior to Newey arrival were claiming that Whitmarsh was an obstacle to the signature because of what happened between them at McLaren.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

Nikosar wrote:
07 Oct 2024, 12:39
Interesting interview from Otmar at High Performance where he revealed that he left Aston because Martin Whitmarsh joined as CEO and took off from him all the responsibilities. He claims that he passed from controlling 90% of the f1 team to 10%.

Very hard to believe that this is the real reason of his departure. Do you think Krack under Whitmarsh had the same % of control ? And do you think this is still the case with Andy Cowell ?

Many articles prior to Newey arrival were claiming that Whitmarsh was an obstacle to the signature because of what happened between them at McLaren.
Who knows? Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Otmar comes across as a politician who will muddy the waters to protect his own brand. This is the same guy who served as a mouthpiece for Rossi and said Alonso was responsible for all of his engine failures.

-wkst-
-wkst-

He already told that months ago in a video call with Windsor:

Claiming that his reponsibilities (after the arrival of Whitmarsh) were more or less just to be the leader at track, not at the factory anymore.

RedNEO

I still remember Otmar confidently insisting that Alpine would crush AM after Alonso joined and then 2023 happened and the rest is history :lol:

RedNEO

Chuckjr wrote:
06 Oct 2024, 09:43
FNTC wrote:
Sounds good to me. May Alonso/Newey/Honda/Aramco’s reign live long and prosper Image
Last edited by RedNEO on 07 Oct 2024, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
07 Oct 2024, 13:25
He already told that months ago in a video call with Windsor:

Claiming that his reponsibilities (after the arrival of Whitmarsh) were more or less just to be the leader at track, not at the factory anymore.
Pretty common way to tell someone they're not wanted anymore without firing them. Remember, Otmar had hired most of tge people there and worked with them for a long time. Outright firing him might have soured the mood over at the factory.

diffuser

Not sure if this was pasted here, Dated Oct 4th .... Good read ...

https://formu1a.uno/it/krack-la-f1-di-o ... iu-carico/

zoroastar

TyreSlip wrote:
07 Oct 2024, 13:05
Nikosar wrote:
07 Oct 2024, 12:39

Who knows? Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Otmar comes across as a politician who will muddy the waters to protect his own brand. This is the same guy who served as a mouthpiece for Rossi and said Alonso was responsible for all of his engine failures.
Otmar paints himself as the best guy in the world to work for. i remember in drive to survive i got the feeling that there is a lot more to the picture. he pretty much pushed alonso out the door at alpine, without anyone to replace him, and then talked trash about alonso, zack brown, piastri, and no telling who else haha. that new interview is a bunch more of the same blame game. no one in f1 is that much of a victim without a reason. just my opinion.

peewon

zoroastar wrote:
08 Oct 2024, 06:35

Otmar paints himself as the best guy in the world to work for. i remember in drive to survive i got the feeling that there is a lot more to the picture. he pretty much pushed alonso out the door at alpine, without anyone to replace him, and then talked trash about alonso, zack brown, piastri, and no telling who else haha. that new interview is a bunch more of the same blame game. no one in f1 is that much of a victim without a reason. just my opinion.
Ive always found him to be a bit dodgy. This is what I said about him in a post on this verry forum in 2021 when he was touted be joining Alpine as TP...
On to Szafnauer. This is entirely based on his interviews with Sky when they have a team principal join commentary mid-session for a weekend. So may not be worth much, but he seems to completely lack any objectivity. Which I suppose is part of the job of the team principal (to present his team in the best light) when talking to the media. But while other TP's often do it with subtlety and statesmanship, OS has all the nuance of a carnival barker. Budkowski seems far more measured, intelligent and self-aware whenever Ive heard him speak.

His comments after the brake duct controversy and aero rule changes for this year are also fairly embarrassing imo. Sounded like someone trying to cover up their own incompetence or possibly acting as a mouth piece for someone like Lawrence Stroll or Toto.
viewtopic.php?p=1009746&hilit=otmar#p1009746

Subsequently, his dealings with Piastri and Alonso and now this self promo tour has only vindicated my initial feelings about him.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

peewon wrote:
08 Oct 2024, 17:00
Subsequently, his dealings with Piastri and Alonso and now this self promo tour has only vindicated my initial feelings about him.
Give it enough time, and Rossi will come out of the woodwork and reframe himself as a martyr.

zoroastar

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/other/al ... ngNewsSerp

i thought this was pretty interesting.