2024 FIM MotoGP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Chuckjr

Re: 2024 FIM MotoGP World Championship

Farnborough wrote:
10 Oct 2024, 10:01
I feel the chance to have MM in the factory team is of significant importance and would be to any factory in all honesty.

There's obviously finite time to do this with his career, competitiveness and desire understandably being more limited now than a much younger rider just entering this class. It's an opportunity I agree they, Ducati, shouldn't have missed, even with the outcome it has forced with their other riders.

The mix up I feel will make for a determined and hyper competitive field next year with many now wanting to prove their worth to even greater degree. With EB on KTM and second year for PA there too, then JM influence in Aprillia, there's some good racing to come.

Obserervers often reference older times as being better, for whatever reason. I've seen enough of the good times in Moto-GP & 500 class before it, to know that I'm right in the middle of watching a very good period of the class, machines and riders right now.

More suspicious of the next rule change disturbing this level in reality for me.
Really great insight. Thank you for that.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Farnborough
Farnborough

Probably pre dates most currently watching Moto-gp .... I feel it's this rider that really lit it up for pushing tyres past their limits and showed the way to the speed and riding we see now

absolute pinnacle of an era :D

Pre dating him was Yvonne Duhamel, French Canadian and really in the relm of Gille Villeneuve for out there vehicle handling, similar in spectacular performance and lack of championships, but oh so very good to watch.

Farnborough
Farnborough

A revisit tomriding that bike more recently, applauded by Rossi too

:D