2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
12 Oct 2024, 19:58

Why not? "Because Ferrari had already committed to other drivers. And if Leclerc is the talent, I believe he’s the one who should be guided towards the goal."
https://www.corriere.it/sport/formula-1 ... 7xlk.shtml
[/quote]

For those who accused Binotto of hating Leclerc...
A lion must kill its prey.

Luscion
Luscion

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Oct 2024, 20:57
ScuderiaLeo wrote:

Why not? "Because Ferrari had already committed to other drivers. And if Leclerc is the talent, I believe he’s the one who should be guided towards the goal."
[/quote]

Binotto says that but Its something Leclerc wanted (both articles from this week)
Yesterday Frédéric Vasseur and Charles Leclerc were among the protagonists at the Festival of Sport.

It is no longer a secret that the Monegasque has been alerted to the negotiations with Lewis Hamilton, with Leclerc gladly accepting the challenge: “Charles has always agreed and that has led me to push hard for it to happen.

https://formu1a.uno/it/vasseur-leclerc- ... -hamilton/

I knew about the negotiations with Lewis, for me to have him next to me will be an additional challenge with everything he has won. I am very happy with his arrival and I am looking forward to it, because from every teammate you can learn. For me it will also be a great opportunity to show what I can do in the car.
https://formu1a.uno/it/leclerc-larrivo- ... he-per-me/

Vanja #66

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
Binotto made some interesting comments today.

From your privileged position, what do you see in Vasseur’s Ferrari? "Rather than what I see in Vasseur, it’s what I see in Ferrari. Fred has been able to carry forward the project with continuity—he hasn’t revolutionized a structured and functional organization. He’s also made his own choices, but as I said, when Ferrari wins, I’m happy because I know how much work went into getting it to that level."

Would you have signed Hamilton to Ferrari? "No. But he made a very good decision in joining Ferrari, and I support his choice."

He should have avoided the topic, or at least give a completely neutral generative answer. Clear's comments in the F1 podcast must have hurt him a lot. Still delusional and in denial in any case, it's sad...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Luscion wrote:
12 Oct 2024, 21:01
AR3-GP wrote:
ScuderiaLeo wrote:

Binotto says that but Its something Leclerc wanted (both articles from this week)
Yesterday Frédéric Vasseur and Charles Leclerc were among the protagonists at the Festival of Sport.

It is no longer a secret that the Monegasque has been alerted to the negotiations with Lewis Hamilton, with Leclerc gladly accepting the challenge: “Charles has always agreed and that has led me to push hard for it to happen.

I knew about the negotiations with Lewis, for me to have him next to me will be an additional challenge with everything he has won. I am very happy with his arrival and I am looking forward to it, because from every teammate you can learn. For me it will also be a great opportunity to show what I can do in the car.
Luscion you are being naive :lol:

This Hamilton mission was pushed on Vasseur and Leclerc by those above them. Everyone has to "say the right thing" to keep the peace at Ferrari.

Binotto actually created a sandbox for Leclerc and would have kept Sainz. It is those who have succeeded Binotto who are now creating obstacles, missions, and directives that are not in Leclerc's interest but you won't see people accuse them of hating Leclerc like they did to Binotto.

Binotto may be guilty of technical and/or political errors, but he always intended to entrust the team to Leclerc when Leclerc and the team were ready to win a championship, rather than give it away to an outsider (Hamilton).

For Leclerc, all he can do now is make the most of it. Beat Hamilton and gain some reputation points and hope Ferrari stops shopping for more outsiders after Hamilton leaves. It should be Bearman next. Not another "decree" for an outsider.
A lion must kill its prey.

Vanja #66

Max' fans obsessing about Leclerc and Hamilton is gonna bring about 500 pages alone in Ferrari thread next year...

#BlessYouLaddie

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

To think, the whole Hamilton fanbase is going to hate , scorn and wish failure on the Audi F1 team now and for the foreseeable future over this very softy worded quote from Binotto.

I only found out about this because my whole F1 timeline is full of it already. And youtube videos.

Chuckjr

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Oct 2024, 21:22
This Hamilton mission was pushed on Vasseur and Leclerc by those above them. Everyone has to "say the right thing" to keep the peace at Ferrari.

Binotto actually created a sandbox for Leclerc and would have kept Sainz. It is those who have succeeded Binotto who are now creating obstacles, missions, and directives that are not in Leclerc's interest but you won't see people accuse them of hating Leclerc like they did to Binotto.

For Leclerc, all he can do now is make the most of it. Beat Hamilton and gain some reputation points and hope Ferrari stops shopping for more outsiders after Hamilton leaves. It should be Bearman next. Not another "decree" for an outsider.
So much truth in your post. Bueno.

All the niceties will stop if Ferrari brings a championship contending car and both drivers think Ferrari will side with them to take it. Disaster if that happens.

If they go with supporting Lewis, they alienate CL and he walks because Ferrari sided with an outsider who waltzed in because upper management felt it was a good idea to bring in a sour has-been. :) The decision to sign Lewis had NOTHING to do with team unity and what’s best for Charles as the tenured Ferrari driver — it was done entirely for greed and wanting to capitalize on successes built by another team. How sad is that. Smh. That kinda thing is why Ferrari keeps losing. Bonehead upper management BS. They think only in terms of bottom line, not team unity and cohesion. It’s a disease Ferrari has suffered since before Luca screwed Schumacher into leaving Ferrari too early, and they haven’t fully recovered since. 2007 drivers championship was because Fred and Lewis took points off each other all season and opened the championship to the driver of a lesser car. Same will happen with Charles and Lewis as what happened with Fred and Lewis. Great for us fans, but bad for Ferrari.

If they choose to support Charles, ultra melancholy Lewis will meltdown being forced to help CL win the championship. He can’t eat that much humble pie. He’s too prideful.

Ferrari have shot themselves in the foot with this one. Big time. It’s not going to go well if they are contenders. If they aren’t contenders, I think Charles and Lewis get along ok as there’s no glory for first loser and lower finishing positions, and neither will care if they can’t contend for the championship.

Really looking forward to 2025. It will be epic.
Watching F1 since 1986.

bluechris

Ferrari thread will be epic in the new season with all the Mercedes fans that cannot believe what happened.
Suddenly many F1 analyst's appear saying how bad was the move from Ferrari, or Leclerc will leave or the team did a huge mistake etc.
Personally i say, let's wait and see and i predict a very good collaboration between the 2 drivers where it seems both have respect for the other.
Bottom line? No one is above the team, the Binotto days are over.

basti313
basti313

Vanja #66 wrote:
12 Oct 2024, 22:10
Max' fans obsessing about Leclerc and Hamilton is gonna bring about 500 pages alone in Ferrari thread next year...
I am not sure, what you mean...Hamilton will be even more calm. He completely changed his antics after Rosberg and even stays super calm now with Russel.
Similarly Leclerc, he never had a big clash with Sainz in the last years, a bit on the radio in the race, but nothing really open fight like.
My clear bet, this will be all "best friends" at Ferrari. No one of them can afford to be the a$hole in the game. And if they are not at the top of the standings it will be just boring like this team thread this year, mostly about next year...like this series of posts...
Don`t russel the hamster!

hollus

To think, the whole Hamilton fanbase is going to hate , scorn and wish failure on the Audi F1 team now and for the foreseeable future over this very softy worded quote from Binotto…
Ferrari thread will be epic in the new season with all the Mercedes fans that cannot believe what happened.

Gentlemen, please leave future crimes to Tom Cruise and stay on topic. The above is trolling, nothing less. More of this and there might be official warnings.

But it is only ‘em hating, all haters, not me, no sir! I have a damn good mirror, and it is the same.

Learn to live together, and don’t add fuel to what you perceive to be a fire. Please, don’t be a part of the problem.

Fan-fights elsewhere, thanks.
Rivals, not enemies.

Vanja #66

https://scuderiafans.com/matia-binotto- ... ntributed/

“If I think about the experience as team principal, it was a beautiful challenge: there was a team coming off difficult years that needed to be revitalized. We had to rebuild the foundations for a solid organization, also focusing on young talent.” – the Italian manager pointed out.
In a world according to Binotto, fighting for both titles and scoring many wins and podiums constitutes difficult years. I don't think we can even imagine the level of bs in the team during his tenure

#BlessYouLaddie

catent

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Oct 2024, 21:22
Luscion wrote:
12 Oct 2024, 21:01
AR3-GP wrote:

Luscion you are being naive :lol:

Binotto may be guilty of technical and/or political errors, but he always intended to entrust the team to Leclerc when Leclerc and the team were ready to win a championship, rather than give it away to an outsider (Hamilton).

There’s a lot to unpack here, but the opinion that Binotto created an obstacle-free, sandbox environment for Leclerc, and that Binotto was fully prepared to support Leclerc as a #1 driver at some unspecified point in the future, are dubious claims at best; simply speculative opinion rather than any sort of established objective fact. And when looking at the decisions Binotto made (that impacted Leclerc), it’s hard to truly believe (in good faith) the claims you make about Binotto being fair/impartial towards Leclerc, and his future plans to empower him as a #1 driver.

dren

I really don't care who drives for Ferrari. I just want the team to transform back into the shitshow it was and make horrible strategy calls once again. That'll make me happy.
Honda!

mvfad

Maybe I now understand why Sainz improved so much after the Ferrari Team Principal change. :-k

ScuderiaLeo

New article from Formu1a.uno on the 2024, 2025, and 2026 cars. https://formu1a.uno/it/ferrari-rinnovat ... a-renault/

Work is progressing in the factory on three simultaneous projects: simulations of the latest technical updates for the SF-24, preparing for the upcoming triple header of Austin, Mexico, and Interlagos; intensive development of the 677 project, which is undergoing more changes than expected, especially in areas of the car that were previously considered untouchable; and the 2026 project.

The first 678/2026 model will be born soon, and Enrico Gualtieri's power unit department is in full development swing. The development of the new 2026 power unit is at an important stage, and reliability tests are being conducted alongside its development, with each step passed allowing for further progress. Currently, there are no significant limitations. [...] Several neutral engine experts believe that, in terms of architecture, no one is as prepared as Mercedes and Ferrari, who will likely be strong, at least in the first year. Honda remains a big question mark since their current situation is nothing like 2014. Aramco is able to experiment better with the 100% biofuels. Since last year, Formula 2 and Formula 3 have been working with Aramco to pave the way for low-carbon fuels. Audi is catching up, as Binotto admitted, but despite the elimination of the MGU-H, their understanding curve is not at the level of the top teams. Renault has given up.

All engineers are saying the same thing: the draft has been defined, but whatever the final regulations for 2026, the powertrain will dictate the rules of engagement with the chassis. Firstly, because the state of development—meaning the cooling requirements, especially considering the powerful battery in addition to the combustion engine (which will have a lesser impact)—will inevitably be much more advanced. Secondly, because unlike the current cars, a large percentage of downforce in corners will once again be provided by wing adjustments. In theory, we should expect many more flap adjustments to be available. Achieving the target power helps the cars use the most appropriate load possible in fast corners, not to mention low-speed driving in ‘Z mode,’ which involves maximum drag. [...]

The most talented young designers have been promoted for aero studies. The new recruits from the engineering academy, now in its 10th year, are producing notable results. There have been few arrivals and departures among the engine staff, and the mood in Maranello is certainly stable in the PU department. Enrico Gualtieri (and Tondi) had no intention of leaving, which solidified the department’s core structure. Contrary to interpretations of Renault CEO De Meo’s comments, no major figures from Viry-Chatillon are expected to join Maranello, probably only some junior technicians. Other manufacturers may be more interested in taking on some of the excess personnel after Renault’s shocking abandonment of the 2026 power unit project.

The most interesting thing to me is the part about next year's car... very curious about what areas they're developing that they didn't anticipate would be changed?

Reading the part about there being more flap adjustments available in 2026, I suddenly had a vision of Charles doing something crazy... :lol: