2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SilviuAgo

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Austin 24 livery
And Silverstone 23 for comparison:

Macklaren
Macklaren

Very encouraging to see that McLaren is not weight sensitive unlike other teams. Holding out hope for full color livery next year!

Slahinki
Slahinki

Holm86 wrote:
15 Oct 2024, 17:50
They're just reusing last year's liveries???
Looks way more chrome than last year. Silverstone 2023 looked more like silver compared to this one.

Henri
Henri

norris would be closing in on the title without sprint races.. i hate these sprint gimmicks

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

bauc wrote:
14 Oct 2024, 22:29
Tomorrow is my birthday, so I hope something nice in store for us :)
Happy Birthday!

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

bauc wrote:
Happy Birthday! Hope McLaren give you a late birthday present with a double 1-2 this weekend!
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

f1316
f1316

SilviuAgo wrote:
15 Oct 2024, 18:26
Austin 24 livery
https://www.gpkingdom.it/wp-content/upl ... 70x658.png
And Silverstone 23 for comparison:
https://storage.googleapis.com/the-race ... 8x1367.jpg
This is my favourite to date - it marries the three eras of papaya, malboro and chrome (which I think of as an extension/evolution of the West one) into one cohesive livery. The only thing I would do better is add a bit more chrome to the front (such that the chevron on the front resembles the McLaren logo) but that’s really nitpicking.

Don’t know why I care so much (as a Ferrari fan) but for some reason I appreciate these McLaren liveries - only wish their baseline one was more like this or the Singapore one.

bauc

Ground Effect wrote:
15 Oct 2024, 21:15
bauc wrote:
Happy Birthday! Hope McLaren give you a late birthday present with a double 1-2 this weekend!
The same which i had yesterday :) THANK YOU!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

bauc

SmallSoldier wrote:
15 Oct 2024, 20:12
bauc wrote:
Happy Birthday!
Thank you!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Emag
Emag

Very interesting news. If this is McLaren, it would be a really bad look and potentially bring some trouble their way, but I feel like if it was McLaren, Helmut would have blabbed about it already.

Maybe it’s none of the top teams though. Hopefully names come out at some point.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Who sparks a lot in qualy?

I don't think/hope it is McLaren. My thinking is not objective, but I think that the fact that McLaren had a big update in Miami means it's less likely to be part of some gimmick. Other teams also obviously found a lot of things that they want to copy from McLaren (flexi wings, ...). McLaren pace is also relatively stable between race and qualy so I don't think they gain a lot relative to others between sessions.

I think more likely culprit is a team that has their pace change a lot between various races and between qualy and race. In races where changing ride height between qualy and race is important they are very good, in races where it is not important they are much worse. If that idea makes sense, I think Ferrari and Mercedes are good candidates.

McLaren did great in all races where track position is king - so all teams optimized for qualifying (Monaco, Hungary, Singapore). I think it's someone else.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Emag wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 13:11

Very interesting news. If this is McLaren, it would be a really bad look and potentially bring some trouble their way, but I feel like if it was McLaren, Helmut would have blabbed about it already.

Maybe it’s none of the top teams though. Hopefully names come out at some point.

Considering that they are talking about changing the setup for qualifying/race, I doubt it's McLaren. Just for one reason - so-so pace on the first stint with full tanks. Although that doesn't mean anything.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

If the team stays unidentified, my guess would be Ferrari... :D
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

LionsHeart wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 14:46
Emag wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 13:11

Considering that they are talking about changing the setup for qualifying/race, I doubt it's McLaren. Just for one reason - so-so pace on the first stint with full tanks. Although that doesn't mean anything.
Good catch. That makes sense as well.

mwillems

"The FIA may be taking action against a new trick to adjust bib clearance, but it may be tough to find conclusive evidence that it was ever used in parc ferme conditions"

"It is important to state firstly that, at the moment, there is no proof that any team has broken the rules. And, somewhat unsurprisingly, no squad has put its hand up and admitted that it has been up to something that it should not have.

The FIA has also been explicit that it has not "received any indication of any team employing such a system", and one unidentified squad that has been at the focus of the allegations has ruled out it having such a device."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/why-t ... /10663448/
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit