2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Joel709
Joel709

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

With the news that the finger is pointing at us in relation to the Bib height trick, we best hope it really isn’t the case as I imagine large elements of our floor design is based around an element like this. Not saying it’s true and it’s been widely denied, but at this point my trust in Red bull isn’t exactly high when it comes to denials in the last 3 years.

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

Joel709 wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 19:17
With the news that the finger is pointing at us in relation to the Bib height trick, we best hope it really isn’t the case as I imagine large elements of our floor design is based around an element like this. Not saying it’s true and it’s been widely denied, but at this point my trust in Red bull isn’t exactly high when it comes to denials in the last 3 years.
Marko sounded confident that Verstappen will win this season. I think this Bib height trick was just an accusation, and nothing more.

Joel709
Joel709

I hope so, I did expect some blowback towards us after the McLaren rear wing debacle but we will see. Here’s hoping we have a big improvement this weekend

Sergej
Sergej

lol, so this dog of a car was even illegal ? what a wonderful way to resume the championship fight :lol:

emp
emp

Nicktendo86
Nicktendo86

100% blatant cheating.

Joel709
Joel709

At this point I really do hope Max leaves, year after year he’s had highlights of this rubbish over his own achievements

Emag
Emag

Nicktendo86 wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 20:49
100% blatant cheating.
It's the way of the sport, but it is very annoying that some biased and uninformed fans end up being super vocal online and they spread toxicity everywhere. It was unpleasant when it was happening to McLaren and it's unpleasant if we have a raft of "attacks" on RedBull now as well.

There are no angels in F1, especially at the front of the grid. Nobody cares about the spirit of the rules, everyone is trying to make the cars as fast as possible and they will go to any lengths if they can get away with it.

And of course, hypocrisy is not something the team's fear in F1. We have had so many "feuds" between teams over the years and more often than not, none of the parties involved were 100% clean.

What matters is that they catch these things and don't allow them to run for long. For McLaren, the rear wing was only run for 3 races before they were forced to remove it, but who knows for how long RedBull has been using this "device" and what are its benefits.

Not a good look on FIA to have multiples teams slip through the rules like this within the same season.
Last edited by Emag on 17 Oct 2024, 20:59, edited 3 times in total.

Henri
Henri

Disgusting cheating hope for a points deduction.. this spoiled the championship

KimiRai
KimiRai

Red Bull have confirmed that they have made changes to their car as a result of discussions with governing body the FIA.

Rivals had alerted the FIA to a device in the Red Bull cockpit that they believed could be used to adjust the height of the front of the car's floor.

The concern of rival teams was that this could be used to make changes to the car's set-up between qualifying and races, when they are not allowed.

A Red Bull spokesperson told BBC Sport: "Yes, [the device] exists, although it is inaccessible once the car is fully assembled and ready to run.

"In the numerous correspondence we have with the FIA, this part came up and we have agreed a plan going forward."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/arti ... 3yvz7xdgzo

CjC
CjC

Henri wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 20:58
Not really, they aren’t leading the constructors and haven’t had the fastest package for some time.

IF they have been ‘cheating’ (not my words) they are cheating and still can’t win
Just a fan's point of view

Joel709
Joel709

Emag wrote:
Nicktendo86 wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 20:49
100% blatant cheating.
It's the way of the sport, but it is very annoying that some biased and uninformed fans end up being super vocal online and they spread toxicity everywhere. It was unpleasant when it was happening to McLaren and it's unpleasant if we have a raft of "attacks" on RedBull now as well.

There are no angels in F1, especially at the front of the grid. Nobody cares about the spirit of the rules, everyone is trying to make the cars as fast as possible and they will go to any lengths if they can get away with it.

And of course, hypocrisy is not something the team's fear in F1. We have had so many "feuds" between teams over the years and more often than not, none of the parties involved were 100% clean.

What matters is that they catch these things and don't allow them to run for long. For McLaren, the rear wing was only run for 3 races before they were forced to remove it, but who knows for how long RedBull has been using this "device" or its benefits. Not a good look on FIA to have multiples teams slip through the rules like this within the same season.
I agree with this but we all know how things will be painted now, sport is very much a trial on social media, so once again should Max win, it will be the usual calls of illegal engineering and so on

Henri
Henri

CjC wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:01
Henri wrote:
Not really, they aren’t leading the constructors and haven’t had the fastest package for some time.

IF they have been ‘cheating’ (not my words) they are cheating and still can’t win
They robbed McLaren of valid wins because of the trick

Joel709
Joel709

Henri wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:02
CjC wrote:
Henri wrote:

Dude, you could say the same with their double DRS rear wing, it’s all about pushing boundaries in this sport

organic

Joel709 wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:03
Henri wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:02
CjC wrote:

Dude, you could say the same with their double DRS rear wing, it’s all about pushing boundaries in this sport
If ride height was changed inside parc fermé using this device then it isn't similar to the McLaren rear wing. It would be completely illegal, not just a grey area.