2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill
Bill

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
14 Oct 2024, 11:19
Bill wrote:sponsorship money will save perez not Horner
Horner is the team principal, of course he has a role in driver decisions. If Mateschitz were alive, this would not have been tolerated with Pérez, where they handed him a contract extension during his struggles. Before, Pérez would have been sacked a long time ago because the Red Bull organization was a pure performance-related organization. When Horner was in a scandal, people were neutral, except Pérez, who defended Horner, perhaps because his contract was expiring. After Mateschitz's death, Horner has gained more of a role in the organization, and Helmut has hated (for example, racism) Pérez since his struggles began last year and has been eager to sack him. It's the team principal's decision to give Pérez a contract extension.
the team principal didnt save Riccardo even when he wanted to.i head Horner lashing out on the media when they put it to him that Lawson will drive for vcarb,and his response was where are you going to put him. Marko have been upfront and i turn to believe him. The redbull management may like the money perez bring so if they fix the car and he improve then he is likely to keep his seat else anything is possible.

Jurgen von Diaz

Bill wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
14 Oct 2024, 11:19
Bill wrote:sponsorship money will save perez not Horner
Horner is the team principal, of course he has a role in driver decisions. If Mateschitz were alive, this would not have been tolerated with Pérez, where they handed him a contract extension during his struggles. Before, Pérez would have been sacked a long time ago because the Red Bull organization was a pure performance-related organization. When Horner was in a scandal, people were neutral, except Pérez, who defended Horner, perhaps because his contract was expiring. After Mateschitz's death, Horner has gained more of a role in the organization, and Helmut has hated (for example, racism) Pérez since his struggles began last year and has been eager to sack him. It's the team principal's decision to give Pérez a contract extension.
the team principal didnt save Riccardo even when he wanted to.i head Horner lashing out on the media when they put it to him that Lawson will drive for vcarb,and his response was where are you going to put him. Marko have been upfront and i turn to believe him. The redbull management may like the money perez bring so if they fix the car and he improve then he is likely to keep his seat else anything is possible.
The team principal did buy time for Ricciardo after Barcelona and tried to save him as best as he could. They propaply already had a contract with Lawson, which they had to respect. Horner got to play a big role in that there have been Pérez's and Ricciardo's types of drivers and not youngsters like Marko wants.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

You have to click to watch the video. :(

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

2024 United States Grand Prixview
Get ready, we're back in action this weekend for the US Grand Prix!

Image Yuki Tsunoda
“Austin is one of my favourite weekends of the year, as I enjoy the city and the track is great fun to drive, with the first part of the lap a bit like Suzuka. I’ve finished in the points the previous three times and also set the race fastest lap last year. I’ll be interested to see what the track is like as they have resurfaced it since the last race. It’s a Sprint weekend which means the preparation and simulation work we have carried out before coming to Austin takes on even more importance than usual to ensure we have a smooth free practice hour before immediately going into the competitive part of the weekend.“

Image Liam Lawson
“I’m super excited for Austin and getting in the RB VCARB 01 for the first time. I’ve been to COTA a few times as a reserve and it’s probably one of my favourite races to go to, the atmosphere there is amazing. Although it’s a track I have yet to race at, I’ve spent plenty of time on it in the simulator. It has a great layout, so I’m looking forward to driving it for the first time, and just generally stoked to be back racing and working with the team to get the best results we can.”

Alan Permane
“We head to the Circuit of the Americas for the first event of a ‘triple header’. This is a race that is loved by the drivers and teams alike, with a fantastic atmosphere both trackside and in the city of Austin. The circuit presents many challenges, from high speed corners with quick changes or direction, to heavy breaking and long full throttle corners. It’s a track that in the past has been quite bumpy but has been extensively resurfaced for 2024 and this could add a new dimension to the weekend both in terms of car setup and potentially race strategy, where it’s traditionally been a 2 stop affair. This weekend we will welcome Liam Lawson back to the cockpit and it’s a Sprint weekend so only one hour of practice before we head into the competitive sessions. Liam has spent a lot of time in the simulator for both track familiarisation and setup work and is as prepared as possible for the challenge ahead.”
The Power of Dreams!

Rikhart
Rikhart

Decent showing by Lawson on FP1, let's see how he handles the rest of the weekend.

Dimitrydevan
Dimitrydevan

It’s interesting to see how tire consistency is affecting performance; it seems like the teams are struggling to find the right balance across sessions!

Wouter

Yuki did a great job and Liam too for the first time in this car on a for him new circuit.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Welcome to the F1 Liam!!

The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

yuki did well cause he was out of place he outqualified some quick car . but that car need pace .haas updates work.

_cerber1

Liam 1.33.339 v/s Tsunoda 1.33.506, a great time for the New Zealander, guaranteed passage to Q3.

TNTHead

_cerber1 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 12:01
Liam 1.33.339 v/s Tsunoda 1.33.506, a great time for the New Zealander, guaranteed passage to Q3.
What happened to Lawson in Q2, he didn't set a time?

_cerber1

TNTHead wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 12:13
_cerber1 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 12:01
What happened to Lawson in Q2, he didn't set a time?
There was no point, he got a new PU and a 60-position fine.

ispano6

Yuki and Liam's set up were different for qualifying, with Yuki saying they know which direction is better but they can't make the change for the race.