2024 Season Bickering and Moaning

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JordanMugen

Re: 2024 Season Bickering and Moaning

Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 20:17
Waz wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 16:27
The big advantage of the RBR is keeping the tires alive while lapping quickly. Any team that figures that out is golden.
All teams know how to do that - find more downforce
How did Red Bull manage to err so badly on the fundamental of compliant suspension that the RB18 and RB19 were so good at (comparatively to most of the field at least)?

Yet now the RB20 is a disaster that can't ride kerbs at all. :shock:

An error in concept? Or a clever conceptual change working as intended?

Vinlarr89 wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 20:54
Even if all teams caught up to red bull. They would all still be driving to deltas.
It seemed like they were pushing to me! :D

stewie325 wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 11:30
Wache has cooked up some magic with his knowledge of tires to the point where RB can completely forgo qualy speed in favour of race pace.
But McLaren have both better race pace and better tyre life than Red Bull? :?:

Verstappen seems less than pleased about the RB20's balance and/or tyre utilisation. :| :lol:

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

JordanMugen wrote:
03 Aug 2024, 00:18
Vanja #66 wrote:
Waz wrote:
The big advantage of the RBR is keeping the tires alive while lapping quickly. Any team that figures that out is golden.
How did Red Bull manage to err so badly on the fundamental of compliant suspension that the RB18 and RB19 were so good at (comparatively to most of the field at least)?

Perhaps an illegal braking system allowed them to be more complaint than others and, when the system was removed thanks to FIA oversight, the car then suffered?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Vanja #66

JordanMugen wrote:

Neither RB18 nor RB19 were particularly good over kerbs and you can find many statements from Max about it. Ferrari mucking up Monaco and Baku races in 2022 and overall domination of RB19 obscure this to a casual viewer. RB20 was another step in that direction and it was a step too far apparently
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

f1isgood
f1isgood

JordanMugen wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
Waz wrote:

Vinlarr89 wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 20:54
Even if all teams caught up to red bull. They would all still be driving to deltas.
I think RB20 did improve over the other RB's though. I especially recall Bahrain --RB20 was significantly better. RB20 was a compromise -- very good in very high speed corners -- still the best for what it's worth, worse than Ferrari/McL are medium, medium-high early in the season, and better than McL/Ferrari in slow speed.

McL basically had very good high speed early in the season and then now have good high speed but are the class of the field everywhere else.

The compromise RB20 took was an issue. This might have to do with both aero/mechanical components. The other issue is tire wear -- this compromise has led to worse tire management somehow -- far worse than the competitors in general.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

I really hate how so muxh of F1 relies on people being forced to believe in magical coincidences.

Max just magically lost all his talent after Miami. The fact that it comes after multiple car hardware investigations amd clarifications is just a magical coicidence. It simply must be that everyone just made a step forward ahead of the most dominant car, coincidentally at the very same time the car stopped working fpr Max.

And one of the mosy prolific qualifiers ever in. The sport suddenly forgot how to put together a qualifying lap, but only exaxtly when it matters. The fact that it happens in the year he took his team by surprise by annoucing he is leaving is just a magical coicidence.

And the fact that the only races he won this year after good qualifying performances were on rain affected weekends where the drivers make the most difference and its out of the teams hands. Coincidences.

Micheql Masi also definitely made an honest mistake, and the fact thay he received a request from Johnathan Wheatley, carried out thatbrequest, and then even parrotted Wheatleys wording tp those whonwould protest, is just a magical coincidemce. The fact that he was backed up, made to sign an NDA and then fired also os jist a coincidence. Nothing tonsee there.

Sebastian Vettel making personal trips to the pirelli factory at the beginning of the cottage cheese pirelli era that you needed to weild the philosophers stone in order tp understand them while he was at Red Bull was also very much a coincidence.

As were mercs controversial tyre tests.

All these coincidences in a sport literally governed by money where no corruption coukd ever take place.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

I see the Multi-Millionaire 3 time World Champion supposed professional sports person is still sulking like a toddler who's been told to eat their vegetables.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/arti ... gl5gp57y3o
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Zynerji

PapayaFan481 wrote:
18 Oct 2024, 17:31
I see the Multi-Millionaire 3 time World Champion supposed professional sports person is still sulking like a toddler who's been told to eat their vegetables.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/arti ... gl5gp57y3o
I wouldn't elaborate any more than contractually necessary as a baseline...

Why should I expect him to?🤔

PlatinumZealot

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 19:42
Thread to vent your anger on how bad the rules are again, how fast RB are compared to everyone else after 8 hours of running, moans, rants and everything else to avoid clogging the testing thread up.

PS: - keep it civil, no driver comparisons, attack the post and not the poster etc etc.
What a contradictory opening post!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

chrisc90

PlatinumZealot wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 13:52
chrisc90 wrote:
Thread to vent your anger on how bad the rules are again, how fast RB are compared to everyone else after 8 hours of running, moans, rants and everything else to avoid clogging the testing thread up.

PS: - keep it civil, no driver comparisons, attack the post and not the poster etc etc.
Nothing is contradictory. It was a thread to stop people moaning in one thread where it wasn’t on topic.

Dunlay
Dunlay

PlatinumZealot wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 13:52
chrisc90 wrote:

What took you so long? :D