Bib parc fermé ride height trick

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Watto
Watto

Re: Bib parc fermé ride height trick

Venturiation wrote:
18 Oct 2024, 22:50
Vanja #66 wrote:
18 Oct 2024, 22:37
Looks like many members will find this video quite revealing. Parc Ferme details at 7:22

in those 2 hours they can change the height by pretending to work on the driver seat or the pedals
if those cameras work during those 2 hours they should watch all the old footage
I am sure they will now.

I did find the demo showed - and unless that demo is a bit of a ruse to throw the FIA off - as too obvious to do in front of a scrutineer too often before they felt something was off - why is this mechanic always putting this 50cm tool in the footwell of the car. Its not like it was a small screw driver in the palm of their hand that could be well hidden.

Impossible no, just I think if the FIA miss that the any team is going to get away with an awful lot.

Quantum

Vanja #66 wrote:
18 Oct 2024, 22:37
Looks like many members will find this video quite revealing. Parc Ferme details at 7:22

Video proceeds to show mechanics reaching into cockpit :lol:

What isn't revealed in the video though is the list of items which can be "checked".
These include but aren't limited to...

[*]mirrors, seat belts and pedals and the drinks bottle
[*]Onboard cameras, marshalling systems and timing transponders
[*]The brake system can be bled, engine oil can be drained, compressed gases can be drained or added
[*]Engines can be started, fuel added or removed and a fuel breather fitted and spark plugs can be removed to allow internal engine inspections and cylinder compression checks. Energy storage devices can also be charged or discharged.

Anyone of those can mean a mechanic is reaching or needing access to the footwell. Right?
"Interplay of triads"

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

There are many things adjustable on an f1 car, some quite easy and illegal under Parc ferme. The fact that RB has an easy to adjust bib is not an infraction on its own. Still looking for proof it was adjusted, that the crime.

Big Tea

The budget cap is obviously not tight enough if teams can spend resources on something like this if it is never used. ( :mrgreen: ) BTW, I love stuff like this, and they should all be up to it or they are not trying hard enough.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Big Tea wrote:
18 Oct 2024, 23:15
The budget cap is obviously not tight enough if teams can spend resources on something like this if it is never used. ( :mrgreen: ) BTW, I love stuff like this, and they should all be up to it or they are not trying hard enough.
How can anyone say this after all that has been revealed? It was obviously used, plenty. This is a perfectly legal and very nice system to speed up setup changes...

Watto
Watto

Horner said the method has been in place for 3 years too.

Big Tea

Rikhart wrote:
18 Oct 2024, 23:35
Big Tea wrote:
18 Oct 2024, 23:15
How can anyone say this after all that has been revealed? It was obviously used, plenty. This is a perfectly legal and very nice system to speed up setup changes...
Don't go thinking I have a downer on it, just the opposite.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

Maybe it was Mclaren afterall? Verstappen is on fire.

Rikhart
Rikhart

pantherxxx wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 00:16
Maybe it was Mclaren afterall? Verstappen is on fire.
Mclaren might be starting to understand that with legal back wings it becomes a bit harder. Not even going into front wings (lol, just watch any onboards on that).