2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
napoleon1981
napoleon1981

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I think that Max was adjusting the bib in the wrong direction. Righty tidy...

organic

Joel709 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 00:20
Anyone notice the absolute awful ride the McLaren has?

What a way to shut people up so far, onto the races and quali
Yes I noticed.. very unusual for McLaren

Juzh

I still think Norris and possibly ferrari will be a big threat on sunday or even in sprint. Mercedes is a bit unknown at this stage still.

Vaexa
Vaexa

I think it's especially worth noting that the ride thing has been there since, what, last year? No understeer dramas, no angry radios about the car refusing to turn in. There's some progress in there yet.

FNTC
FNTC

Max in the interview:
"Yeah, we had a good Friday".

Checo:
Last edited by FNTC on 19 Oct 2024, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.

avantman
avantman

Joel709 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 00:04
Max seems to be very conservative in the last few corners, staying well away from any potential track limits, doing well though given it’s not on the edge
conservative compared to who exactly?

Paa

I think this was down to Max and the sprint format.
I mean in this sprint format it is difficult for drivers to switch from medium to soft without any preparation. Max has this ability to be able to be on the limit very fast so I think this helped him here. Probably he wouldn't have been in pole if drivers were doing 2nd laps.

So probably it will be difficult to replicate tomorrow in proper qualy.

chrisc90

organic wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 00:21
Joel709 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 00:20
Anyone notice the absolute awful ride the McLaren has?

What a way to shut people up so far, onto the races and quali
Yes I noticed.. very unusual for McLaren
New suspension apparently. unless its just the fairings for the airflow.

Onto the team. Really do hope this upgrade worked and does the trick. Ferrari made a nice turn around when they addressed the issues with a upgrade, so hopefully RBR have done the same.

chrisc90

Paa wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 00:24
I mean in this sprint format it is difficult for drivers to switch from medium to soft without any preparation. Max has this ability to be able to be on the limit very fast so I think this helped him here. Probably he wouldn't have been in pole if drivers were doing 2nd laps.

Maybe got lucky with the setup, or a LOT of sim work prior to the weekend, but could have been tough with no correlation to test against the actual car.

Historically, we have struggled on sprint weekends, and setting the car up in general on some weekends, so to come out running here is a BIG bonus, as a lot of us had a few doubts given a sprint weekend and a upgraded car.

avantman
avantman

the only question I have right now is, was red bull 3rd or 4th fastest car today?

Paa

The bigger question for tomorrow is race pace and tyre wear. They were far from the best in that regard and that is what matters really.
I hope the better balance will help with that, too.

avantman
avantman

chrisc90 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 00:26
Paa wrote:

Maybe got lucky with the setup, or a LOT of sim work prior to the weekend, but could have been tough with no correlation to test against the actual car.

Historically, we have struggled on sprint weekends, and setting the car up in general on some weekends, so to come out running here is a BIG bonus, as a lot of us had a few doubts given a sprint weekend and a upgraded car.
Historically, Ver is the most successful driver by far on Sprint weekends and has been ever since the format was introduced. And it's not even close.
Marko was totally right by the way about Lando....but in this car, being as shockingly bad as he was again, he will likely win easily again on Sunday.

FNTC
FNTC

avantman wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 00:29
the only question I have right now is, was red bull 3rd or 4th fastest car today?
Perez is over a second behind Hulkenberg so who knows...

avantman
avantman

Paa wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 00:30
The bigger question for tomorrow is race pace and tyre wear. They were far from the best in that regard and that is what matters really.
I hope the better balance will help with that, too.
well, very possible tomorrow will be Max final chance to win a race, well...sort of...this year.

chrisc90

avantman wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 00:31
chrisc90 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 00:26
Paa wrote:

Historically, Ver is the most successful driver by far on Sprint weekends and has been ever since the format was introduced. And it's not even close.
Marko was totally right by the way about Lando....but in this car, being as shockingly bad as he was again, he will likely win easily again on Sunday.
Tough to say given there was very few long runs done on the hard tyre in FP1. How the medium works will be a big factor - we will see that tomorrow.