2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
scuderiabrandon

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 12:57
It's unfortunate qualifying is so late in the day. It will be warmer today in Austin overall and Ferrari could've used that boost. Almost all of the SF-24's issues can be traced back to the softer compound, since it appears the bouncing is no longer a limiting factor.

Vasseur and the drivers were insistent pole was not a possibility and they implied that the mistakes in the lap arose because of the poor handling. This doesn't give me much optimism for today's qualifying, but they seem to have an advantage in the long runs and maybe they can use that to execute something magical in the race. If Leclerc qualifies second row for Sunday, it'll be a good test of their strategy team.

Both drivers gaining even just one position in the sprint that would be great. Norris not doing as expected yesterday and the subsequent WDC discourse shows why every single point is so important!
McLaren are quick, don't be fooled by the result. Norris made a mistake in turn 19 which cost him 3 tenths by down shifting once too many.

ScuderiaLeo

scuderiabrandon wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 13:04
McLaren are quick, don't be fooled by the result. Norris made a mistake in turn 19 which cost him 3 tenths by down shifting once too many.
Yes, I expect Ferrari to be a firm 4th best in qualifying since it's in the evening. But second row is still a possibility if for example Norris makes another mistake. And from there the SF-24 has options for how to gain positions.

I don't anticipate Piastri randomly going out in Q1 though which will add one more roadblock.

Baku and Singapore had some small hiccups but these days I'm confident in the team's strategy. The Singapore race, Monza, and Zandvoort were all well executed. Putting Austin 2023 behind us? (Sorry for bringing up past traumas :lol:)

Vanja #66

scuderiabrandon wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 12:26
I think if Charles puts a lap together, he can be on the front row at best, but I think in the cooler conditions the quali pace is not there for us. Unless they make setup changes or change the out lap a bit, I think pole position is a tough ask.

His “mistake” in SQ3 was just the car bottoming out, I presume he could take it a tad bit easier through there, but a time loss seems inevitable. I hate how shite we are on the soft tyre in comparison to the harder compounds.
Agreed, SF24 is simply not a beast in Q unless it has outright speed advatage. Will be interesting to see how Sprint turns out and how RB and McL behave, I wouldn't be surprised if they won't be as good at the end of the stint
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

deadhead

So if we presume that this problem with the soft tires deformation is actually what is causing some of the issues in qualifying, how do you even go about fixing it? It sounds like a very complicated issue

https://formu1a.uno/it/ferrari-attenua- ... -reagendo/

LM10
LM10

Dropping track temperature towards the end didn’t help for sure. Same goes for the snaps from Leclerc in S1 which arguably lost him P1. I think they’ll further do some tweaks to the setup so I don’t think the oversteer in the snake section will be an issue in the main qualifying anymore. Predicting pole or P2 for Leclerc in qualifying.

As for the sprint itself Leclerc should be able to overtake Russell. Wether he can catch Verstappen or not will depend on the amount of time lost behind Russell.

deadhead

The W15 seems quite handy on the straight so overtaking Russell needs to happen on lap 1-2

search

what reason is there to believe that Ferrari will be quicker than Mercedes?

dialtone
dialtone

search wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 17:20
Race sims, past races where Mercs qualified in front and then slipped back, past races where Ferrari's race pace was superior to their quali pace.

It's been the story of the season more or less.

search

dialtone wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 17:31
search wrote:
Race sims, past races where Mercs qualified in front and then slipped back, past races where Ferrari's race pace was superior to their quali pace.

It's been the story of the season more or less.
I would be surprised if this is the case this weekend as well, on a much better track for Mercedes, and with an upgrade that seems to work well.

Ferrari didn't really do any race- or even sprint-sims, by the way.

yooogurt

deadhead wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 17:03
The W15 seems quite handy on the straight so overtaking Russell needs to happen on lap 1-2
nah, Charle will overtake Gorge when merc tyres go off.
FORZA FERRARI!

yooogurt

search wrote:
FORZA FERRARI!

search

yooogurt wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 17:46
search wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GaMXGNMXYAA ... name=large
just because you delete the fast laps, it doesn't make it a high fuel run.

It's some kind of test for the sprint, but not at representative fuel loads.
Last edited by search on 19 Oct 2024, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

yooogurt

The actual wing that appeared on the red one (intended only for Charles Leclair) is equipped with two upper flaps of the same design as the version raced in Singapore, but of a completely different construction. The weave of the carbon fibers has been modified to favor programmed curves that should help find a good balance between low-mileage sections (maximum drop) and high-speed sections (minimum drag).
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10664388/
FORZA FERRARI!

yooogurt

search wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 17:54

I don't do it, there are people who do it seriously and there's a tag in the bottom right corner who did the timing, who watched the start of the race stint test and picked the lap, you can find him on twitter and ask him questions.
Last edited by yooogurt on 19 Oct 2024, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
FORZA FERRARI!

search

yooogurt wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 17:58
search wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 17:54

I don't do it, there are people who do it seriously and there's a tag in the bottom right corner who did the timing, who watched the start of the race stint test and picked the laps.
yeah, but it's worth nothing. Red Bull does a race sim, McLaren & Mercedes a sprint sim, and Ferrari just some laps.