2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
aleks_ader

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

They wasted at least 3 sec, but what can u do. :D At least technical team can be happy on thi sbumpy ride aero performs well in low speed.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Venturiation
Venturiation

Good job by Carlos

dialtone
dialtone

search wrote:
dialtone wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 19:10
It's impossible to know exactly but I don't agree that somehow this weekend it isn't representative while all the other weekends it was.
I see it more as a sprint-weekend phenomenon, where teams are more likely to skip the re-fuelling to maximize run time.

But true, given the short length of the sprint, there's indeed not too much room to go lower on fuel when simulating it. And even 10 laps difference on weight are only ~0.8s on this track, so most of the 2 1/2 seconds must come from engine mode and recovered energy.
Post race, Ferrari is easily on best pace or at least on par with Max. Mercs are nowhere. Can’t quite fix fundamental car problems with a simple update.

Space-heat
Space-heat

Carlos was good. While I agree it feels he races Charles harder than anyone, and its frustrating that it feels like he and Charles burnt the tyres early, he had a good race. Shame Charles did not go on the outside when Norris parked on the corner but race pace bodes well if they can both qualify top 5.
Last edited by Space-heat on 19 Oct 2024, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

yooogurt

I think that Charles used up his battery too much on the first lap in an attempt to overtake Georges, Carlos saw it and realized that this was his chance: either to attack here and now and not let Charles recharge his battery, or to play as a team.

Good for him, ruining the result for the team because of his ego.
FORZA FERRARI!

Space-heat
Space-heat

yooogurt wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:43
I think that Charles used up his battery too much on the first lap in an attempt to overtake Georges, Carlos saw it and realized that this was his chance: either to attack here and now and not let Charles recharge his battery, or to play as a team.

Good for him, ruining the result for the team because of his ego.
Once Russell bad launch blocked Charles at T1 and let Norris through. It was always going to be fight between Charles and Sainz.

ScuderiaLeo

Well... honestly not bad to walk away with a P2 and P4 but I think that could've been a P2 and P3 with better race management. Disappointed with both drivers despite the result. One of Leclerc's worst races in awhile, he had no pace at the start. Sainz's attacks were just dumb, though his pace from start to finish was solid. I don't think it's Sainz's fault specifically that they ended up like this. He was faster than Leclerc at the start and he's allowed to try and pass Leclerc, I just wish they hadn't fought like that.

That was a dirty move by Norris at the end on Leclerc.

Both drivers have the pace to win if they start high tomorrow and don't do stuff like they did today.
Last edited by ScuderiaLeo on 19 Oct 2024, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

un nessary inter team battle, i think we had pace to catch max without infighting, but man i am happy to see such amazing race pace..

Xyz22
Xyz22

Don't really understand this team sometimes

Emag
Emag

I think it's unfair to criticize Carlos for that to be honest. It's a sprint and he had a lot of pace early on and unlike on other previous occasions, he didn't fall off the cliff at the end this time.

Fair play to him. Charles probably would have been the quicker driver had he remained in front, but you can't sack a driver and expect him to play second fiddle as well.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Bad management, good pace. Now I'm praying for a Norris penalty :mrgreen:

Space-heat
Space-heat

CaribouBread wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:48
Their won't be a penalty. From the onboard Norris parked it on the corner instead of taking the wider racing line as he predicted Charles' move. Unless there is another angle it didn't look like he did anything wrong.

search

dialtone wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:42
search wrote:
dialtone wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 19:10
It's impossible to know exactly but I don't agree that somehow this weekend it isn't representative while all the other weekends it was.
I see it more as a sprint-weekend phenomenon, where teams are more likely to skip the re-fuelling to maximize run time.

But true, given the short length of the sprint, there's indeed not too much room to go lower on fuel when simulating it. And even 10 laps difference on weight are only ~0.8s on this track, so most of the 2 1/2 seconds must come from engine mode and recovered energy.
Post race, Ferrari is easily on best pace or at least on par with Max. Mercs are nowhere. Can’t quite fix fundamental car problems with a simple update.
yeah, absolutely, very strong race today. If they can stay close to VER in quali, there should be a good chance to fight for the win tomorrow.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Emag wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:47
I think it's unfair to criticize Carlos for that to be honest. It's a sprint and he had a lot of pace early on and unlike on other previous occasions, he didn't fall off the cliff at the end this time.

Fair play to him. Charles probably would have been the quicker driver had he remained in front, but you can't sack a driver and expect him to play second fiddle as well.
It's not him having pace early on, it's him intentionally firing up tyres very quickly to pressure his team into TO/get past while Charles is bringing his up to temp very gently to be much faster later on.

It happened last year in Austria, it happened in Austria sprint race in 2022, it happened this year in Imola.

Space-heat
Space-heat

Space-heat wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:52
CaribouBread wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:48
Their won't be a penalty. From the onboard Norris parked it on the corner instead of taking the wider racing line as he predicted Charles' move. Unless there is another angle it didn't look like he did anything wrong.
Stand corrected - https://x.com/autosport/status/1847712022898889211 there is hope!