2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

TLof wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 15:34
An insignificant sprint qualifying and we're back (or rather, the usual suspects) to the Alonso is too old narrative. The reality: Hamilton, Norris, Piastri and probably most of the field couldn't put in a clean lap. Hilarious this thread
Couldn't agree more. They're quiet all the races that he still demonstrates it's a monster driver. Then, at the minimum opportunity... Here they are again.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 14:56
-wkst- wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 14:27
@ALO
His biggest strength was always that he could drive also the most undriveable cars, see F14T, with very little mistakes. Or be at the top of his game straight out of the box. In my opinion that’s what he lost a bit, needing more time in the car before performing at his best level.
On the upgrades I guess we'll find out eventually, there are mixed messages right now. Before the session they made a setup change and it showed in the top speed, possibly it was for the worse, maybe with a bit more time we'll know for sure.

But on Alonso I have to agree with you. Time and time again we saw over the years that he was very good at squeezing the most out of cars with balance issues, making few mistakes, the destroyer of teammates and everything else... but this year by his (admittedly very high) standards he is poor and it is undeniable. And let's remember that the comparison is Stroll, one of the worst drivers on the grid. It's not like Stroll has suddenly become Senna. While he is doing better than Vettel, he has clearly lost something.
We'll see with what they learn in the sprint race that they then take with them into a new setup for race quali.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Sedaxel wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 16:36
Couldn't agree more. They're quiet all the races that he still demonstrates it's a monster driver. Then, at the minimum opportunity... Here they are again.
In my case I always congratulate him when he does a great job, please go back on this thread and see the posts in Baku and Singapore. The issue is that "bad" races have become increasingly more common from 2021 onwards. It's the same thing with Lewis on the Mercedes thread. Ask yourself if it is not because these "minimum opportunities" occur more frequently...

Anyways here's hoping the rest of the weekend goes better. Still one more chance to improve on the setup before the normal qualy

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 17:29
Sedaxel wrote:
In my case I always congratulate him when he does a great job, please go back on this thread and see the posts in Baku and Singapore. The issue is that "bad" races have become increasingly more common from 2021 onwards. It's the same thing with Lewis on the Mercedes thread. Ask yourself if it is not because these "minimum opportunities" occur more frequently...

Anyways here's hoping the rest of the weekend goes better. Still one more chance to improve on the setup before the normal qualy
IMHO, it's really hard to tell when it's the car and when it's the driver. If the driver is traveling at speeds below the capability of the car, the car will look like it's handling great and the driver will look great. It's just the stopwatch that will look bad. If you're then trying to exceed the capabilites of the car, you start to get snaps, understeer, oversteer both the car and driver look bad. If you don't get the setup right, the car is slow no matter what.

Not sure how you can distinguish between the two?

zoroastar

KimiRai wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 14:56
-wkst- wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 14:27
@ALO
His biggest strength was always that he could drive also the most undriveable cars, see F14T, with very little mistakes. Or be at the top of his game straight out of the box. In my opinion that’s what he lost a bit, needing more time in the car before performing at his best level.
On the upgrades I guess we'll find out eventually, there are mixed messages right now. Before the session they made a setup change and it showed in the top speed, possibly it was for the worse, maybe with a bit more time we'll know for sure.

But on Alonso I have to agree with you. Time and time again we saw over the years that he was very good at squeezing the most out of cars with balance issues, making few mistakes, the destroyer of teammates and everything else... but this year by his (admittedly very high) standards he is poor and it is undeniable. And let's remember that the comparison is Stroll, one of the worst drivers on the grid. It's not like Stroll has suddenly become Senna. While he is doing better than Vettel, he has clearly lost something.
maybe he has lost a little with age, who knows. we dont. because we dont have enough information. there isnt a driver on the grid in the past 2 years that hasnt had days exactly like what we saw today from both aston drivers, but werent flamed for losing some of their skill. sh#t happens. and the fact that every team has problems week to week with these regs makes it impossible to know whats happening in the car from session to session. the fact that we are back to , (alonso is getting old) again after several weeks of (hes doing great) is typical though haha

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

It's just a poor showing... Lance stuck behind Colapinto and Fernando losing even more ground now.

SSJ4
SSJ4

does parc ferme open again after sprint is finished. i forgot the rules

CjC
CjC

Yes it does
Just a fan's point of view

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

KimiRai wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 17:29
Sedaxel wrote:

Oh yes... As the car is getting worse, days with worse results are more frequent. And then, of course, is than Ali has lost something. Then, he makes some kind of miracle to gain a point out two, and... Is it because recovered that something that he had lost? Or maybe he went back in time and he's not that old?

I don't know, done guys here come back to that story at the minimal opportunity (yes). Because mistakes, bad results, and whatnot are not always due to have lost something but trying to make miracles with a bad car. And while We can't know what it is the cause, just watching recent races I think Alo deserves a little more respect.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Aston Martin is the ninth car now. Unbeliveable.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Sedaxel wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:26
Oh yes... As the car is getting worse, days with worse results are more frequent. And then, of course, is than Ali has lost something. Then, he makes some kind of miracle to gain a point out two, and... Is it because recovered that something that he had lost? Or maybe he went back in time and he's not that old?

I don't know, done guys here come back to that story at the minimal opportunity (yes). Because mistakes, bad results, and whatnot are not always due to have lost something but trying to make miracles with a bad car. And while We can't know what it is the cause, just watching recent races I think Alo deserves a little more respect.
No one deserves any respect, this is Formula One. Tell that to Ricciardo. Either you perform or you are out.
Last edited by KimiRai on 19 Oct 2024, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Rikrikrik wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:27
Fallows has to go.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Rikrikrik wrote:
We knew there was nothing to expect from this sprint. It is just a free practice for us and pay attention not to damage the car.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Nikosar wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:31
Rikrikrik wrote:
We knew there was nothing to expect from this sprint. It is just a free practice for us and pay attention not to damage the car.
Don't know what you talking about, the Haas lightyears ahead of Aston!Haas updates working, Aston updates not working. If this the 2025 "direction " then is a very bad sign.

diffuser

Nikosar wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:31
Rikrikrik wrote:
Atleast someone understands....