2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1316
f1316

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 22:10
f1316 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 22:03
The most exciting thing, of course, is that the car was still competitive on this more traditional circuit - I think that’s all the confirmation we need in the efficacy of the Monza floor and bodes well for the rest of the year.

Even more so if you think that most other cars brought updates and the “final upgrade” Fred spoke about must therefore still be in the pipeline .
It's funny how these primary details get lost when everything works out :mrgreen: From a "4th car" to a regular win challenger everywhere with one floor update :) Exceptional job by Tondi and the whole aero and chassis team
Agree it’s been a great job and they didn’t panic but instead took the time to understand the problem and bit by bit introduce mitigations/solutions. More importantly, as you’ve pointed out before, is likely the updates to the rolling road tools that should help avoid future missteps (albeit I’m sure all teams will continue to have some in this rules cycle).

I think I’m understanding the subtext in what you’re saying, ie that it was never as bad as made out and there were always mitigating circumstances on the days Ferrari were “4th fastest”. If so, I agree with that. That said, there was also clearly an issue with the Barcelona floor - which everyone in the team acknowledged - and in that sense one floor upgrade (to make good on what that floor was supposed to bring) really did make a big difference.

scuderiabrandon

Terrible race management. Its at the point where we have to hope they don't run behind each other even if it is at the detriment of the team because this useless inter team fighting cost us points anyway. We really could've fought Max there, passed Norris and Russell soooooooo much earlier.

LM10
LM10

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 22:10
f1316 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 22:03
The most exciting thing, of course, is that the car was still competitive on this more traditional circuit - I think that’s all the confirmation we need in the efficacy of the Monza floor and bodes well for the rest of the year.

Even more so if you think that most other cars brought updates and the “final upgrade” Fred spoke about must therefore still be in the pipeline .
It's funny how these primary details get lost when everything works out :mrgreen: From a "4th car" to a regular win challenger everywhere with one floor update :) Exceptional job by Tondi and the whole aero and chassis team
Absolutely - hats off to the team. They’ve kept on holding on their own floor philosophy and finally mastered it. They seem to be able to not lose any of the exceptional race pace while strengthening the weak spots the car has had.

We’re really lucky to have those alien drivers putting the fourth fastest car on the podium almost every time. :mrgreen:

dialtone
dialtone

dialtone wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 04:11
The car is fine. They obviously know now how to extract performance out of the floor. The car is a lot closer than in Silverstone where LEC was out in q2 and SAI 0.7 off.

We’re done with it while MCL and RBR are going to bring more updates.

This was a fine quali, they improved on most of their issues.
I will toot my own horn here just pre-qualifying, in case any pessimism comes back in.

Vanja #66

f1316 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 23:47
Agree it’s been a great job and they didn’t panic but instead took the time to understand the problem and bit by bit introduce mitigations/solutions. More importantly, as you’ve pointed out before, is likely the updates to the rolling road tools that should help avoid future missteps (albeit I’m sure all teams will continue to have some in this rules cycle).

I think I’m understanding the subtext in what you’re saying, ie that it was never as bad as made out and there were always mitigating circumstances on the days Ferrari were “4th fastest”. If so, I agree with that. That said, there was also clearly an issue with the Barcelona floor - which everyone in the team acknowledged - and in that sense one floor upgrade (to make good on what that floor was supposed to bring) really did make a big difference.
Yeah, it's never been 4th fastest car, at the low point it was at worst equal to Merc but they had favourable cold races to save them from deg and McLaren/Norris wasting their chances weekend after weekend...

I'm really curious about updates, it seems they delayed them to Mexico to leave room for evaulation and setup, hopefully new WT pays dividends already. I think their design approach can yield more improvement still and I don't think SF25 will be a minor step forward from final SF24 spec
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

yooogurt

Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 00:08
I'm really curious about updates, it seems they delayed them to Mexico to leave room for evaulation and setup, hopefully new WT pays dividends already. I think their design approach can yield more improvement still and I don't think SF25 will be a minor step forward from final SF24 spec
Do we need these upgrades? So the top 3 in the WCC will give a lot of profit for the 2026 car.
FORZA FERRARI!

JPower
JPower

yooogurt wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 23:24
jambuka wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 23:14
Carlos has nothing to lose. He is out of Ferrari, has already signed for Williams.
Well if he wants back on a top team he needs to be a team player or have speed like Charles/Max.
What he performed today will obviously not add any good point to his resume to return to the tops.
Showing he has pace to challenge Leclerc will absolutely add good points to his resume.

Regardless, its laughable to think Lewis Hamilton of all people wouldn’t do the same in the situation when it inevitably happens next season. :lol:
Last edited by JPower on 20 Oct 2024, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.

Space-heat
Space-heat

I'd take P3-4 right now. If Charles can get T1 and S1 high speed right P2 is on. I think Norris' time might be too far.

jambuka
jambuka

Space-heat wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 00:57
I'd take P3-4 right now. If Charles can get T1 and S1 high speed right P2 is on. I think Norris' time might be too far.
Need Leclerc special, still would be p2

JPower
JPower

That’ll do it.

ScuderiaLeo

Sainz was on for P2 with that run... ughhh.

Vanja #66

Well, at least Ferrari wasn't screwed up a lot by a Q3 incident for a change... The big question is - will Leclerc go for a one-stop with good pace on Hards this year?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Space-heat
Space-heat

Carlos was up 2 tenths before S3 on the last run v Charles.

Charles could not get the turn in at T1.
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:02
Sainz was on for P2 with that run... ughhh.
Seem like Sainz was a tenth down on VER on the last run. The S3 on the first run were near the same. Seems like nothing would have changed.

yooogurt

JPower wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 00:49
Showing he has pace to challenge Leclerc will absolutely add good points to his resume.
That's a delusion, he showed nothing today except that he doesn't care about the team, so the number two has less chance and he doesn't have the speed for a number one.
FORZA FERRARI!

yooogurt

The main question is, could Charles take the top 2? I think it's the best position to start, if the starter has the balls and reaction, ofc. Now the main thing is that Carlos does not ruin the race for both.
FORZA FERRARI!