2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

yooogurt wrote:
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 21:24
Literally as I'm typing this, an interview came on my TV of Vasseur saying at no point did they think about team orders or telling them to stop.
It's funny, considering that after Carlos overtook Charles, the engineer told Charles to save tires and attack less in turn 10 (I believe), and if Binnotto had been in Vasseur's place, he would have been eaten with giblets right now :D
Charles isn’t fighting for WDC, he’s looking at WCC as he already said in interviews. Fighting for scraps isn’t exciting and risking crashing against your team mate is not smart. They could have left fighting at the end of the race when they were 2nd and 3rd and maximized team points.

yooogurt

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 21:47
Leclerc makes mistakes like any other human so you can't eliminate the possibility of him making them.
Did you see those mistakes? lap by lap? I didn't.
FORZA FERRARI!

f1316
f1316

You would think that Mercedes will have to compromise their one lap pace a bit for quali or chew tyres in the race - if so this may help us with grid position. One of the key points in Monza was how the first lap went and not getting bogged down in traffic - the big drawback of a car that has such issues switching on tyres in quali - so if we can get on the front row and get away ok, I think that will make a huge difference in the race. The longer race will also play to our advantage but we don’t want to give max a big head start, so maintaining a second or at least third place on the first few laps will be important.

yooogurt

dialtone wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 21:52
Charles isn’t fighting for WDC, he’s looking at WCC as he already said in interviews. Fighting for scraps isn’t exciting and risking crashing against your team mate is not smart. They could have left fighting at the end of the race when they were 2nd and 3rd and maximized team points.
Well just without the early fight it would have been an easy 2-3, maybe more, at least without Max's easy walk, which is obviously more favorable to the WCC.
FORZA FERRARI!

organic

Ferrari development was the best of anyone's it seems

Sunday they need to focus on win, as difficult as that is for Sainz

f1316
f1316

The most exciting thing, of course, is that the car was still competitive on this more traditional circuit - I think that’s all the confirmation we need in the efficacy of the Monza floor and bodes well for the rest of the year.

Even more so if you think that most other cars brought updates and the “final upgrade” Fred spoke about must therefore still be in the pipeline .

Emag
Emag

yooogurt wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 21:46
Emag wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 21:39
Carlos has at times been faster than Charles.
Yes he was, but how many moments have you seen, when a teammate with the same tires in drs train was faster than his teammate at the beginning of the race on a equal car?
I don't believe that it was a matter of skill, and I can't find any other explanation than that Charles had less battery power.
Certain drivers deal with certain situations better than others. Instead of just always assuming Charles is intentionally being slow early in the stint, you could also view it from another perspective and notice that this is actually a pattern and perhaps Charles is just weaker earlier on the stint. It's not just against Carlos that he has struggled like this at the beginning of the stints.

dialtone
dialtone

Emag wrote:
yooogurt wrote:
Emag wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 21:39
Carlos has at times been faster than Charles.
Yes he was, but how many moments have you seen, when a teammate with the same tires in drs train was faster than his teammate at the beginning of the race on a equal car?
I don't believe that it was a matter of skill, and I can't find any other explanation than that Charles had less battery power.
Certain drivers deal with certain situations better than others. Instead of just always assuming Charles is intentionally being slow early in the stint, you could also view it from another perspective and notice that this is actually a pattern and perhaps Charles is just weaker earlier on the stint. It's not just against Carlos that he has struggled like this at the beginning of the stints.
You have an opinion and are justifying it. Charles takes time to warm up tires and today used battery in the attempt with george. Sainz never took off.

venkyhere
venkyhere

My 2 cents on the LeClerc v Sainz debate :
One guy is a long termer, with a reputation to protect. The other guy is enjoying his 'notice period'. That 'psychological locus standi' defines how drivers behave in a race.

Vanja #66

f1316 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 22:03
The most exciting thing, of course, is that the car was still competitive on this more traditional circuit - I think that’s all the confirmation we need in the efficacy of the Monza floor and bodes well for the rest of the year.

Even more so if you think that most other cars brought updates and the “final upgrade” Fred spoke about must therefore still be in the pipeline .
It's funny how these primary details get lost when everything works out :mrgreen: From a "4th car" to a regular win challenger everywhere with one floor update :) Exceptional job by Tondi and the whole aero and chassis team
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Emag
Emag

dialtone wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 22:09
Emag wrote:
yooogurt wrote:

You have an opinion and are justifying it. Charles takes time to warm up tires and today used battery in the attempt with george. Sainz never took off.
I don't really have the opinion you think I have. My opinion is that Charles is a generational talent and on the same tier with Max, Lewis and Alonso (prime) of the current grid.

My other opinion is that I think the expectation that people have here for Carlos to be a "good boy" and sit back to let Charles to charge up and get the results in the end is not realistic. Especially when the team has sacked him for next year. There is no incentive for him to give up a position to Leclerc if he has the pace to fight him. Even more so on a sprint.

Carlos took advantage of Charles' weak(er) pace at the start. You think that's because he was attacking George and I also disagree with that. There wasn't any serious attempt by Charles at any place in the track where it would suggest heavy battery usage. It also doesn't make sense to drain the battery like that early on in the race.

dialtone
dialtone

Emag wrote:
I don't really have the opinion you think I have. My opinion is that Charles is a generational talent and on the same tier with Max, Lewis and Alonso (prime) of the current grid.

My other opinion is that I think the expectation that people have here for Carlos to be a "good boy" and sit back to let Charles to charge up and get the results in the end is not realistic. Especially when the team has sacked him for next year. There is no incentive for him to give up a position to Leclerc if he has the pace to fight him. Even more so on a sprint.

Carlos took advantage of Charles' weak(er) pace at the start. You think that's because he was attacking George and I also disagree with that. There wasn't any serious attempt by Charles at any place in the track where it would suggest heavy battery usage. It also doesn't make sense to drain the battery like that early on in the race.
I’m not saying your opinion of charles is wrong. Just that you made up your mind on this race.

Nobody expect carlos to be a good boy but he’s paid millions to race for ferrari even if at the end of the contract. I don’t undermine my employer if I’m about to change jobs, it’s actually not well accepted.

yooogurt

Emag wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 22:05
Charles is just weaker earlier on the stint.
I would believe it if Charles didn't have drs, and I also remembered over the years that Charles is better at the beginning of the stint and Carlos pulls up at the end (not always btw), and today's situation reminds me of the Austrian 2022 sprint, where we also lost positions because Carlos decided to attack his teammate at the beginning.
FORZA FERRARI!

jambuka
jambuka

Carlos has nothing to lose. He is out of Ferrari, has already signed for Williams. He knows he is not going to get any chance of podiums with Williams most likely. No one should expect Carlos to help Charles or Ferrari. He will of course be selfish and try and increase his podiums. Charles has outperformed him in qualifying, has dramatically improved his race craft now. Only way for Carlos to feel good about the situation is by beating Charles.

yooogurt

jambuka wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 23:14
Carlos has nothing to lose. He is out of Ferrari, has already signed for Williams.
Well if he wants back on a top team he needs to be a team player or have speed like Charles/Max.
What he performed today will obviously not add any good point to his resume to return to the tops.
FORZA FERRARI!