2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sergej
Sergej

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Joel709 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:51
Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:48
fantastic drive by Max

then, as I said today, the car is still not good enough to let things unfold by themself, instead every single point will count and Max leaves Austin with 5 more points on Lando which is a very good result, now Max can afford to come always 3rd to win the title
Still a few things to dial in, I imagine it will be better after this, looked good on the mediums, hards were rough as has been all season for us. Ferrari were mega but things look good for RBR so far
in terms of points for the title I'd say yes, in terms of pace I'm a bit disappointed but hey, it is what it is, hopefully they can improve from this baseline

Joel709
Joel709

Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:56
Joel709 wrote:
Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:48
fantastic drive by Max

then, as I said today, the car is still not good enough to let things unfold by themself, instead every single point will count and Max leaves Austin with 5 more points on Lando which is a very good result, now Max can afford to come always 3rd to win the title
Still a few things to dial in, I imagine it will be better after this, looked good on the mediums, hards were rough as has been all season for us. Ferrari were mega but things look good for RBR so far
in terms of points for the title I'd say yes, in terms of pace I'm a bit disappointed but hey, it is what it is, hopefully they can improve from this baseline
Yeah I can see why, but we looked great with mediums, which is something a few weeks ago we wouldn’t have imagined. Max now has a solid base to build on and be annoying.

The main thing now is they gather more data and get ready for next year given all the cars are essentially the same

MYsee
MYsee

Checo doing his part to get us more wind tunnel time.

Vettel165

Good stuff by Max, but please dont change the setup again after finding the right balance. Quite happy. He lost 7 points in Singapore, but now gained back 5.
Last edited by Vettel165 on 20 Oct 2024, 23:19, edited 2 times in total.

AMG.Tzan

PierreW wrote:
Great defense by Max to keep Norris behind. The McLaren with the DRS wasn't gaining that much. The penlaty if logical since Norris overtook leaving completely the track.

Disappointing pace compared to the sprint race. I don't know what to say and to think about that. The car was much slower than yesterday even in the first medium stint, even at the beginning.

No victory, that is starting to be very long. I knew McLaren and Norris wouldn't win every race but it would be cool for Max to start fighting for victories again instead of just defending and limiting damages.
“The penalty is quite logical”

Is it also logical not getting a penalty for doing the exact same maneuver on Sainz at the same turn?? Or maybe running Norris completely off track at T1 lap 1 and keeping the place?

Just sayin…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

TNTHead

MYsee wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:59
Checo doing his part to get us more wind tunnel time.
It could even be strategy. How to maximise wind tunnel time while still having WDC: have a slow 2nd driver.

PierreW
PierreW

AMG.Tzan wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:03
PierreW wrote:
Great defense by Max to keep Norris behind. The McLaren with the DRS wasn't gaining that much. The penlaty if logical since Norris overtook leaving completely the track.

Disappointing pace compared to the sprint race. I don't know what to say and to think about that. The car was much slower than yesterday even in the first medium stint, even at the beginning.

No victory, that is starting to be very long. I knew McLaren and Norris wouldn't win every race but it would be cool for Max to start fighting for victories again instead of just defending and limiting damages.

Is it also logical not getting a penalty for doing the exact same maneuver on Sainz at the same turn?? Or maybe running Norris completely off track at T1 lap 1 and keeping the place?

Just sayin…
Verstappen was always ahead of Sainz so I don't now what you are talking about. Sainz attempted to overtake Verstappen, not the contrary.

TNTHead

AMG.Tzan wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:03
PierreW wrote:

Just sayin…
First lap incidents are judged differently.

chrisc90

Perez finishing behind russell who started from the pits is shocking. I'm sure this guy is only in the team as a lap counter now adding laps to his career.

Not the best of races overall for Max, would have hoped for a bit more pace, but we leave the weekend 5 points gain on Lando which is a win win all round. 11.5points needed per race now for Lando to win on average.

Paa

chrisc90 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:07
Perez finishing behind russell who started from the pits is shocking. I'm sure this guy is only in the team as a lap counter now adding laps to his career.

Not the best of races overall for Max, would have hoped for a bit more pace, but we leave the weekend 5 points gain on Lando which is a win win all round. 11.5points needed per race now for Lando to win on average.
Russell also had a +5s penalty besides starting from the pit.

Sergej
Sergej

I don't understand why they gifted Sainz P2, in the end they pitted 4 laps after him, was that worth giving the position away ? maybe Sainz would have passed Max regardless, but still

avantman
avantman

TNTHead wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:54
I think the others were gaining more with the setup adjustments than RedBull between sprint and race. And they didnt run the hard tire in FP1, so Hards were a big unknown, as was the balance on high fuel.
others just have much faster cars, and have had them for quite a while. nothing changed since before the break, except mercedes getting lost. nothing will change after. yesterday was probably max final win of the season. even if I still keep some slim hopes for mexico, but not because i believe the car will suddenly become fastest, merely because of max ability to do things like he did today.

Vettel165

Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:27
I don't understand why they gifted Sainz P2, in the end they pitted 4 laps after him, was that worth giving the position away ? maybe Sainz would have passed Max regardless, but still
Yes it was better to give up position then to fight Sainz. Clearly the goal was to stay ahead of Lando.

Our car was solid on medium tyres, but had problems with hards. I watched the onboard and the car had major understeer. You know Max hates it, he likes it when the car will rotate with a good front-end in the corners.

I think Mexico could be damage limitiation with all this low-speed corners with a high downforce setup. Mclaren could be faster again. Brasil could bring rain into the play and a chaos.

What I do find quite hard to understand is how we lost the pace from sprint race to today. The car had better grip and balance there, we pulled away from Lando. They need to analyse this.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

To all, don't waste even a second arguing with the others about the race.

Today is a day to celebrate the driver. +5 points on the weekend to the nearest competitor. Verstappen's performance with the car he has been given this weekend was even more exceptional in hindsight. To take the sprint pole and sprint win....he had already defeated the faster Ferraris. To withstand the Mclaren in the GP lap after lap. It was really unbelievable stuff. I thought Max was finished with 16 laps to go. I thought he was finished with 0.5 second gap onto the back straight. I thought he was finished with 0.4 gap onto the main straight. There just aren't many drivers capable of surviving like this. Remember only 1 day ago, the Mclaren driver didn't last 2 laps in front of the Ferrari of Carlos Sainz before making an error and losing the position.

With respect to the car, they had 1 free practice session to dial in the upgrade. Whatever they changed between the sprint and the GP would have been untested changed. I know that sounds like cope but it's the truth. Let's see what they come up with for Mexico next week.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 20 Oct 2024, 23:43, edited 2 times in total.
A lion must kill its prey.

Joel709
Joel709

Vettel165 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:35
Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:27
Yes it was better to give up position then to fight Sainz. Clearly the goal was to stay ahead of Lando.

Our car was solid on medium tyres, but had problems with hards. I watched the onboard and the car had major understeer. You know Max hates it, he likes it when the car will rotate with a good front-end in the corners.

I think Mexico could be damage limitiation with all this low-speed corners with a high downforce setup. Mclaren could be faster again. Brasil could bring rain into the play and a chaos.

What I do find quite hard to understand is how we lost the pace from sprint race to today. The car had better grip and balance there, we pulled away from Lando. They need to analyse this.
Hard tyres for the last question, they took the pace away for us