2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TLof
TLof

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Only Stake is slower. Another successful upgrade

fouad1979
fouad1979

They need to sack Crack and Dan fallow after this race, no more excuses

fouad1979
fouad1979

This is shameful, how can u make a car slower and slower 2 years in a raw

fouad1979
fouad1979

Newey must work on the 2025 car, just to avoid starting the year at the bottom

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

fouad1979 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:42
They need to sack Crack and Dan fallow after this race, no more excuses
Is not their fault, I think just simply Mercedes don't tell something about the windtunnel for Aston. We know last year they had the same problems. Would be nice to know what was talking about Totto after winter test . He mentioned they found the problem.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

fouad1979 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:43
Im shocked, Fallows certanly had some pieces of papers from redbull and literally said "copy that" and they made AMR23, after that, absolutely EVERY single upgrade made us falling down on the grid. We go fight with Sauber next year.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

diffuser wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 13:49
The traction out of 11 is better than Mag's . In fact Mag loses 2 tenth out of 11. Whoever gets out in front, the odd are in favour, that they will stay there. It's hard to stay close through the Ss add to that the better traction the AMR24 has...
As Alonso was passed time and time again during the race, he said, "Our exit off turn 11 is what it is man."

The lead Haas finished more than 35 seconds up the road. Does the AMR24 still have better traction?

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

Rikrikrik wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:49
fouad1979 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:43
Im shocked, Fallows certanly had some pieces of papers from redbull and literally said "copy that" and they made AMR23, after that, absolutely EVERY single upgrade made us falling down on the grid. We go fight with Sauber next year.
If this week's "upgrades" are a preview of the 2025 car, the Sauber will at least move ahead of Aston Martin next year. Fallows can be fired now.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

Rikrikrik wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 21:27
I said in June " Aston Martin will be the worst team until end of year" anyone still doubt about that? Its depressing to watch. That car is much worse than before.
It was painful to see Alonso constantly let off in sector one because of severe understeer. He can't ride the curbs much either because the car becomes so unstable. Traction of course is appalling.

KimiRai
KimiRai

And these are the updates that were said to have a good correlation from Hungary onwards, that they had understood something, that there would be a better second half of the season and I don't know what else... Mexico has 3 free practice sessions, but in other teams like Haas new parts perform instantly
Last edited by KimiRai on 20 Oct 2024, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.

PinkFloydPulse

A lot of us said Crack and Fallows need to go… And a lot also said to give them time… Time’s up, heads need to roll!
Team Fernando!

KimiRai
KimiRai

Couple days old but still interesting
Cowell: Nobody at Aston Martin “living in a bubble of happiness” given current form

New Aston Martin Formula 1 CEO Andy Cowell says that no one in the team is “living in a bubble of happiness” given the current form of the AMR24 and the need to improve in every area.

Former Mercedes HPP boss Cowell started work at the Silverstone outfit late last month, and is making his first appearance at a race in Austin this weekend.

He replaces Martin Whitmarsh, with whom he is temporarily working in parallel while he gets to know the team.

He made it clear that everyone in the camp is aware of the need to get better results.

“I think we’re disappointed where we are,” said Cowell. “Everybody is, I haven’t met anybody that’s living in a bubble of happiness thinking that we’re achieving greatness.

“And it’s everywhere we need to get better. There isn’t the single area of the business that is saying to me, we’re perfect, we’re ready to win championships. Everywhere is saying, yeah, we could do that’s better, we’d like to do this, this is our road map to get to a place where we think we’re great.

“And then we’ll talk about it, but then when we’re there, we’ll have more ideas won’t we? So there isn’t a single area that is perfect yet, and we will probably never reach perfection, because we’ll always come up with better ways of improving every single department of the business.”

Regarding his role in making that happen Cowell added: “My job is to create a team, and in a team, everybody knows what their role is. They know their position on the pitch. And my job is to discuss with each of those players what they could do to get better.

“It’s not to tell them. It’s just instil a high performing atmosphere of doing something, learning from that experience, thinking of new ideas, going again.

“I guess every single project I want us to get better at, it’s not just targeting one point. Yes, that is a change for us.

“But I want us to be amazingly creative on everything that we’re working on, and then really robotic with the way we do experiments, and we believe the result from the experiment.

“And we try and lose our emotional attachment to the idea when we look at the results, and we learn, and we just go back round that as fast as we can. That’s there at Silverstone, it’s just trying to nurture it and encourage it and so on.”
They have to make much better use of what they already have in the factory, because there is definitely talent. Both from the signings of the last few years and too the base that was underneath from Force India where they were always fighting well on a lower budget. Do what Stella did to McLaren and what Brawn did to Ferrari and Mercedes. Whitmarsh is gone, so it's time to start again...

RedNEO

KimiRai wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 02:17
Couple days old but still interesting
Cowell: Nobody at Aston Martin “living in a bubble of happiness” given current form

New Aston Martin Formula 1 CEO Andy Cowell says that no one in the team is “living in a bubble of happiness” given the current form of the AMR24 and the need to improve in every area.

Former Mercedes HPP boss Cowell started work at the Silverstone outfit late last month, and is making his first appearance at a race in Austin this weekend.

He replaces Martin Whitmarsh, with whom he is temporarily working in parallel while he gets to know the team.

He made it clear that everyone in the camp is aware of the need to get better results.

“I think we’re disappointed where we are,” said Cowell. “Everybody is, I haven’t met anybody that’s living in a bubble of happiness thinking that we’re achieving greatness.

“And it’s everywhere we need to get better. There isn’t the single area of the business that is saying to me, we’re perfect, we’re ready to win championships. Everywhere is saying, yeah, we could do that’s better, we’d like to do this, this is our road map to get to a place where we think we’re great.

“And then we’ll talk about it, but then when we’re there, we’ll have more ideas won’t we? So there isn’t a single area that is perfect yet, and we will probably never reach perfection, because we’ll always come up with better ways of improving every single department of the business.”

Regarding his role in making that happen Cowell added: “My job is to create a team, and in a team, everybody knows what their role is. They know their position on the pitch. And my job is to discuss with each of those players what they could do to get better.

“It’s not to tell them. It’s just instil a high performing atmosphere of doing something, learning from that experience, thinking of new ideas, going again.

“I guess every single project I want us to get better at, it’s not just targeting one point. Yes, that is a change for us.

“But I want us to be amazingly creative on everything that we’re working on, and then really robotic with the way we do experiments, and we believe the result from the experiment.

“And we try and lose our emotional attachment to the idea when we look at the results, and we learn, and we just go back round that as fast as we can. That’s there at Silverstone, it’s just trying to nurture it and encourage it and so on.”
They have to make much better use of what they already have in the factory, because there is definitely talent. Both from the signings of the last few years and too the base that was underneath from Force India where they were always fighting well on a lower budget. Do what Stella did to McLaren and what Brawn did to Ferrari and Mercedes. Whitmarsh is gone, so it's time to start again...
Great read. I concur fully, it’s time to turn a new page.

diffuser

TyreSlip wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:51
diffuser wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 13:49
The traction out of 11 is better than Mag's . In fact Mag loses 2 tenth out of 11. Whoever gets out in front, the odd are in favour, that they will stay there. It's hard to stay close through the Ss add to that the better traction the AMR24 has...
As Alonso was passed time and time again during the race, he said, "Our exit off turn 11 is what it is man."

The lead Haas finished more than 35 seconds up the road. Does the AMR24 still have better traction?
Yeah, I heard that. Didn't look that way in the timing data from the Quali. Obviously, they could disguise it a bit in quail and probably why they seem to be running so much DF.

They were slow :(

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:15
And these are the updates that were said to have a good correlation from Hungary onwards, that they had understood something, that there would be a better second half of the season and I don't know what else... Mexico has 3 free practice sessions, but in other teams like Haas new parts perform instantly

It wasn't pretty.