2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
pantherxxx
pantherxxx

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Funny thing is that even if we count the championship from Miami only, Max still scored more points than Norris. Despite Norris having the better car.

Watto
Watto

organic wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 02:45
Put Lawson or Tsunoda in Perez's seat asap

Honda will try to leverage Tsunoda in for 2025

And on the topic of the WCC position.. it's extremely rare for WDC to be won by a car finishing less than 1st in wcc, let alone 3rd. Anyone know the last time it was done?
Looks like 2008

Lewis Hamilton WDC

Ferrari WCC

I mentioned some pages back I wonder if now RBR are willing to forgo the WCC now that they had a bad car development path. Feels a little like maybe the rules have kinda worked as intended.

CHT
CHT

organic wrote:

And on the topic of the WCC position.. it's extremely rare for WDC to be won by a car finishing less than 1st in wcc, let alone 3rd. Anyone know the last time it was done?
Lawson and Yuki is a perfect fit for RBR, as the team always like to put a non-Europe based driver at RBR.
This remaining few races of the season will be important for Lawson.

dialtone
dialtone

organic wrote:

Lawson finished 10s behind Perez in the RB. Perez knows where the catering money went, that's why he's there.

Joel709
Joel709

I think you’ll find he’s there cause he essentially gets the entire Mexico GDP in sponsorship

sour
sour

Was the issue with Max's car GP Was referring to during the first stint ever revealed?

continuum16

Watto wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 03:14
organic wrote:

Looks like 2008

Lewis Hamilton WDC

Ferrari WCC

I mentioned some pages back I wonder if now RBR are willing to forgo the WCC now that they had a bad car development path. Feels a little like maybe the rules have kinda worked as intended.
Not that long ago; 2021 actually.

As far as last time WDC drove a car 3rd or worse in WCC?

Piquet 1982 I think with Brabham P3 behind Ferrari and Renault. So extremely uncommon.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

dialtone
dialtone

continuum16 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 05:50
Watto wrote:
organic wrote:

Looks like 2008

Lewis Hamilton WDC

Ferrari WCC

Piquet 1982 I think with Brabham P3 behind Ferrari and Renault. So extremely uncommon.
Piquet didn't win any championship in 1982, he won in 81,83 and 87. And he won in 83 with the 3rd placed car and that was mostly because his team mate Patrese retired 10 times instead of the typical 3-4 from top teams. In the races where he retired, failures or errors, Patrese was usually in the top 3 when it happened, and the races where he finished 2 of 5 he was on podium with 1 win (where actually Piquet let him win after Prost retired).

That was a great car, like the RB20 is a great car that won 7 at the start and all the sprints. Don't try to spin this as Max is somehow winning while driving a tractor again, it's a fantasy, he made enough bank from those 7 wins that he can coast now, the closest GP winner is LEC or NOR with 3 wins.

avantman
avantman

A great car indeed, finishes 20+ seconds behind the rivals repeatedly. “Don’t try to spin…” oh the irony…

dialtone
dialtone

avantman wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 07:20
A great car indeed, finishes 20+ seconds behind the rivals repeatedly. “Don’t try to spin…” oh the irony…
We're at round 19, it won 7 races. I suppose if you started following last year you think that it's a good car only when it wins all but 1 race.

Sevach
Sevach

Watto wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 01:14
With the tyre deg it would be interesting to know a little more.

Horner refereed to a setup change that didn't quite go right, Was that the cause of his tyre issues (he did purple on lap 19 in the Sprint yesterday - albeit less fuel)
Seems like they moved the balance a bit towards understeer, to protect the rear tires.

Sacrificed some speed and ended burning the front left, so it didn't pay off.

avantman
avantman

dialtone wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 07:34
avantman wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 07:20
We're at round 19, it won 7 races. I suppose if you started following last year you think that it's a good car only when it wins all but 1 race.
you sound literally like an everage american redditor at /formula1 that came from dts.
even max rivals were saying he won in barcelona and canada without the fastest car. I can't really quite understand how f1technical regular cannot see or know that. max had unquestionably best car in the first 4 weekends - Bahrain (where by the way Ferrari were faster on raw single lap pace), Jeddah, Japan and China. Since Miami he never had the outright fastest car, particularly when it comes to race pace. Very often it was 3rd best, sometimes 4th best even. But not even once THE best overall car of the weekend, even if he sometimes was in fight in qualifying. It's well-known this year Red bull is more competitive over 1 lap on new soft, whereas Ferrari and especially Mclalen excel in race pace.
I don't think you don't know any of that saying what you say.

Waz
Waz

CHT wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 01:21
Looking at the constructor standing I am wondering if it's a rbr strategy to not win so they can have more wind tunnel time for 2025?
What team gives up a championship win so that they might win one later? Makes zero sense.

The reality is that Red Bull management are more concerned about the money than the racing, and Checo brings a lot of money.

Juzh

dialtone wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 06:16
continuum16 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 05:50
Watto wrote:

Looks like 2008

Lewis Hamilton WDC

Ferrari WCC

Piquet didn't win any championship in 1982, he won in 81,83 and 87. And he won in 83 with the 3rd placed car and that was mostly because his team mate Patrese retired 10 times instead of the typical 3-4 from top teams. In the races where he retired, failures or errors, Patrese was usually in the top 3 when it happened, and the races where he finished 2 of 5 he was on podium with 1 win (where actually Piquet let him win after Prost retired).

That was a great car, like the RB20 is a great car that won 7 at the start and all the sprints. Don't try to spin this as Max is somehow winning while driving a tractor again, it's a fantasy, he made enough bank from those 7 wins that he can coast now, the closest GP winner is LEC or NOR with 3 wins.
yes, yes, we know. max trash, lec good. same old, same old.

venkyhere
venkyhere

ispano6 wrote:
14 Oct 2024, 05:14
Bill wrote:
12 Oct 2024, 15:00
venkyhere wrote:
12 Oct 2024, 08:23

Lawson is yet to sharpen his skills, because that can come only from real life experience. Yuki has had more than enough 'soak time' in F1 (thanks to Honda) that his skill level has plateau-ed already. If Lawson finishes behind Yuki for the remaining 6 races, and for that reason alone isn't given the RedBull seat, it wouldn't be a fair assessment, because if just after half a season Lawson is suddenly driving better than Yuki, he would be wasted in the VCARB, where he could have served better in a faster Redbull instead.
either lawson is a junior drive or not. then if he is then his place is at vcarb he can't just be parachuted into the redbull seat. i sense fear astonishing level of hypocrisy.people were saying last year that yuki should vacate his seat and give it to lawson because he is no good,now Lawson has a seat but they dont want him anywhere near yuki.do think he can survive max.
Ignore him. He says Tsunoda plateaud where as in truth Liam was over aggressive against Yuki and didn't allow his teammate to take him out. Liam isn't afraid to take out Yuki so Yuki must be smart and make Liam take himself out. Liam has had plenty of time to study Yuki and he has driven the RB20 so he has no excuses to be slow against Yuki.
Bill wrote:
14 Oct 2024, 13:33
venkyhere wrote:
13 Oct 2024, 13:38
Bill wrote:
12 Oct 2024, 15:00

either lawson is a junior drive or not. then if he is then his place is at vcarb he can't just be parachuted into the redbull seat. i sense fear astonishing level of hypocrisy.people were saying last year that yuki should vacate his seat and give it to lawson because he is no good,now Lawson has a seat but they dont want him anywhere near yuki.do think he can survive max.
He is a junior driver. A guy with practically no experience, who matched up to Tsunoda in 2023. That means the rookie has far more 'raw talent' than Tsunoda.
Tsunoda has 'matured' temperamentally in 2024 (the best season he has had, according to me) and has been consistent.
If the rookie and the experienced driver are given a 6 race shootout match for the 2nd Redbull seat (as announced by Marko), in a car with a terribly narrow operating window, there is 50% chance experience finishes ahead of raw talent and 50% chance vice versa.
My take is, in case experience finishes ahead and Tsunoda is given the Redbull seat, and 5-6 races into 2025, Lawson is suddenly driving superlatively well, in an inferior car, what would they do about it ? Allow them to continue as it is ?
Because, according to my gut feel, some 10-12 races are what someone like Lawson will need to dominate Tsunoda, especially because this is a ground effect car, where the probability of "setting it up optimally" is low - and driver experience matters big big time, in setting up the car.

I want Lawson in the 2nd Redbull seat. He is a proper talent, much unlike Tsunoda who is average, at best. But Helmut Marko is giving him a shootout match to prove himself. The whole Ricciardo comeback into VCARB has royally screwed the young guy's career prospects.
yuki and lawson have been teammates in multiple racing categories ,so what you are saying is just nonsense.they is a vast body of evidence to compare the two
There is no experience like the experience from racing at highest level.

Anyway,

hoping to keep this sub-thread active until end of season with a scoreboard, starting from Texas GP :
Lawson +2 (started 19th and finished 9th)
Tsunoda 0 (started 10th and finished 14th)

5 more to go.