2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Paa

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

It still looks that the team forgot how to do <2.5s pit stops. At least with Max.

venkyhere
venkyhere

dialtone wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 06:16
Don't try to spin this as Max is somehow winning while driving a tractor again, it's a fantasy, he made enough bank from those 7 wins that he can coast now, the closest GP winner is LEC or NOR with 3 wins.
McLaren has been the faster car than RedBull from race#6 (miami) to race#19 (texas) , on some tracks it's even been 0.8-1.0s faster per lap.

Miami onwards until now (14 races where Mclaren is the faster machine) :
VER has scored 244 points, with 3 race wins, 4 podium places and 4 sprint wins.
NOR has scored 239 points. with 3 race wins, 6 podium places and 0 sprint wins.

This simply means 'execution of race' by team and driver is superior by Redbull and Verstappen, in comparison to McLaren and Norris. Whether we like it or not, this is the simple truth.

Sergej
Sergej

Paa wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 11:11
It still looks that the team forgot how to do <2.5s pit stops. At least with Max.
there was a problem with the front tyre nut, the mechanic had to re-engage the gun a second time, not sure if it was because Max arrived a tiny bit long at the pit slot; fortunately yesterday it made zero difference (it was about a 2.8s pit stop).

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

As long as the team leave Perez in the 2nd seat, it certainly gives the appearance that they don't care about the WCC.

Lawson started last in a slower car and yet ended up only 2 places behind Perez?

I for one will not be at all surprised if Checo is swapped for Lawson after the Mexico GP....
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Watto
Watto

PapayaFan481 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 11:41
As long as the team leave Perez in the 2nd seat, it certainly gives the appearance that they don't care about the WCC.

Lawson started last in a slower car and yet ended up only 2 places behind Perez?

I for one will not be at all surprised if Checo is swapped for Lawson after the Mexico GP....
I think he will almost certain next year. But I do wonder if RBR this year if we are starting to see a mix of budget and correlation issues because of the back of CFD and Wind Tunnel time

There was this video a few weeks ago that explaied I think Mercedes zero pod issue well. And I think a lot of the same came be said of RBR right now . I almost wonder if behind the scenes they are happy with 3rd and the extra dev responses in particular when they have had the issues and they - much like Mercedes - can't just spend your way out of a problem

THere was

Bill
Bill

venkyhere wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 11:07
ispano6 wrote:
14 Oct 2024, 05:14
Bill wrote:
12 Oct 2024, 15:00

either lawson is a junior drive or not. then if he is then his place is at vcarb he can't just be parachuted into the redbull seat. i sense fear astonishing level of hypocrisy.people were saying last year that yuki should vacate his seat and give it to lawson because he is no good,now Lawson has a seat but they dont want him anywhere near yuki.do think he can survive max.
Ignore him. He says Tsunoda plateaud where as in truth Liam was over aggressive against Yuki and didn't allow his teammate to take him out. Liam isn't afraid to take out Yuki so Yuki must be smart and make Liam take himself out. Liam has had plenty of time to study Yuki and he has driven the RB20 so he has no excuses to be slow against Yuki.
Bill wrote:
14 Oct 2024, 13:33
venkyhere wrote:
13 Oct 2024, 13:38

He is a junior driver. A guy with practically no experience, who matched up to Tsunoda in 2023. That means the rookie has far more 'raw talent' than Tsunoda.
Tsunoda has 'matured' temperamentally in 2024 (the best season he has had, according to me) and has been consistent.
If the rookie and the experienced driver are given a 6 race shootout match for the 2nd Redbull seat (as announced by Marko), in a car with a terribly narrow operating window, there is 50% chance experience finishes ahead of raw talent and 50% chance vice versa.
My take is, in case experience finishes ahead and Tsunoda is given the Redbull seat, and 5-6 races into 2025, Lawson is suddenly driving superlatively well, in an inferior car, what would they do about it ? Allow them to continue as it is ?
Because, according to my gut feel, some 10-12 races are what someone like Lawson will need to dominate Tsunoda, especially because this is a ground effect car, where the probability of "setting it up optimally" is low - and driver experience matters big big time, in setting up the car.

I want Lawson in the 2nd Redbull seat. He is a proper talent, much unlike Tsunoda who is average, at best. But Helmut Marko is giving him a shootout match to prove himself. The whole Ricciardo comeback into VCARB has royally screwed the young guy's career prospects.
yuki and lawson have been teammates in multiple racing categories ,so what you are saying is just nonsense.they is a vast body of evidence to compare the two
There is no experience like the experience from racing at highest level.

Anyway,

hoping to keep this sub-thread active until end of season with a scoreboard, starting from Texas GP :
Lawson +2 (started 19th and finished 9th)
Tsunoda 0 (started 10th and finished 14th)

5 more to go.
all midfield drivers who started on the medium tires got royally screwed, not on was the medium slow but was prone to high deg. those on hard had clear air and could put consistent lap time. Can anyone say calapinto and lawson had a better race than gasly .mag and yuki .

basti313
basti313

Bill wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 13:16
Can anyone say calapinto and lawson had a better race than gasly .mag and yuki .
Yes. Hulkenberg and Magnussen started both on the Medium...completely different result as Magnussen could not keep the Medium together.
Same for Stroll vs. Alonso...Stroll could not keep the Hard together and needed to stop too early.
Yuki could not keep his Medium together and needed to stop very early. He was amongst the fist stopping cars of the top 10 contenders, 9! laps before Hulk whom he was fighting at this point.
On the other hand it is even more surprising, that Lawson could keep the Hards together at good pace for so long.

You can blame the setup on this...of course...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Joel709
Joel709

Waz wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 09:11
CHT wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 01:21
Looking at the constructor standing I am wondering if it's a rbr strategy to not win so they can have more wind tunnel time for 2025?
What team gives up a championship win so that they might win one later? Makes zero sense.

The reality is that Red Bull management are more concerned about the money than the racing, and Checo brings a lot of money.
I agree they’d never sacrifice a win over ATR time but it’s pretty clear to everyone now that the WCC is gone

Sergej
Sergej

How do you see Mexico ?

Bill
Bill

basti313 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 13:39
Bill wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 13:16
Can anyone say calapinto and lawson had a better race than gasly .mag and yuki .
Yes. Hulkenberg and Magnussen started both on the Medium...completely different result as Magnussen could not keep the Medium together.
Same for Stroll vs. Alonso...Stroll could not keep the Hard together and needed to stop too early.
Yuki could not keep his Medium together and needed to stop very early. He was amongst the fist stopping cars of the top 10 contenders, 9! laps before Hulk whom he was fighting at this point.
On the other hand it is even more surprising, that Lawson could keep the Hards together at good pace for so long.

You can blame the setup on this...of course...
yuki had good setup on sprint race but team changed it for what i don't know, he was slow in quali which is frustrating for these team, they never get things right.

Joel709
Joel709

Watto wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 12:14
PapayaFan481 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 11:41

I think he will almost certain next year. But I do wonder if RBR this year if we are starting to see a mix of budget and correlation issues because of the back of CFD and Wind Tunnel time

There was this video a few weeks ago that explaied I think Mercedes zero pod issue well. And I think a lot of the same came be said of RBR right now . I almost wonder if behind the scenes they are happy with 3rd and the extra dev responses in particular when they have had the issues and they - much like Mercedes - can't just spend your way out of a problem

THere was
I imagine the big thing now is the cost cap, max said before the race that every update planned before monza was essentially binned, not cheap!

Joel709
Joel709

Sergej wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 14:31
How do you see Mexico ?
Hard to say, not sure what the new updates will do in terms of low speed performance. Usually an equaliser of a track due to high altitude but I expect a Ferrari domination

organic

Kerbing is important at Mexico so Ferrari and McLaren will have a step forward as a result

Vettel165

If Max ends ahead of Lando in the next 3 races he is WDC again with 2 races to go. All can happen of course, Red Bull should take 1 race at the time. Just focus on being ahead of Lando, which is easier said than done.

In Mexico Max is usually very strong if he has the car, Brasil if the rain comes we need his magic as in Spa this year.All to play, 5 races to go/57 points lead.

Vanja #66

Max will be wise to go damage limitation mode in Mexico, car was never good over kerbs this year and it's down to front suspension mostly. If, somehow, he manages to find some pace and attack for podium, it will be a huge thing no matter where Norris ends up. I don't think any other race will be problematic in that regard, tiny chance of issues in AD only
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie