2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
collindsilva
collindsilva

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

TyreSlip wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 14:37
laspeorasdeaston wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 10:44
On a "positive note", they are testing 2025 parts on the 2024 chasis so at least they are already gathering data from what's wrong or right. Also, I relate to you guys, we need to see how the team upgrades the '25 car with the new WT. There must be something wrong with Mercedes WT because they had also quite the bad upgrade package here at COTA. Also, I believe their rear suspension is a limitation, thought if a smaller team like Williams is using it and its ahead of us, so it's no excuse or justification.
Williams is still using the older pull-rod suspension from Mercedes, as Vowles said Mercedes was too late on informing them of the final push-rod/gearbox specification and didn't want to compromise design of the 2024 car.

As bad as Mercedes is, that car is light years better than the Aston Martin. Sauber is much closer to us than Aston Martin is to the 8th best car (look at the race pace stats).
So what does it imply, the engineers there are incompetent or issue with the third-party wind tunnel

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

I really dont understand how nothing is changing there. Still everybody fine. OK u can have a terrible wekend, like Ferrari after Monaco or Mclaren after 2023 start ou Mercedes after "zero pod" but guys. absolutely ZERO improve since the AMR23 release ( 2 years ago), just down and down, 2 years and always worse. They will wait to be taken a lap in the race by Sauber to make anything? Somethings really bad is happen in that team.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

collindsilva wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 14:58
So what does it imply, the engineers there are incompetent or issue with the third-party wind tunnel
I think it's silly to blame every downgrade the last two years to the Mercedes wind tunnel. Mercedes did win 3 races this year when they got the development path right.

jofs89
jofs89

Rikrikrik wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 15:15
I really dont understand how nothing is changing there. Still everybody fine. OK u can have a terrible wekend, like Ferrari after Monaco or Mclaren after 2023 start ou Mercedes after "zero pod" but guys. absolutely ZERO improve since the AMR23 release ( 2 years ago), just down and down, 2 years and always worse. They will wait to be taken a lap in the race by Sauber to make anything? Somethings really bad is happen in that team.
I just hope they realised fairly early that this car has fundamental issues that can't be resolved and have been working on the 2025 a long time and it's going to be a significantly better car.

Anything else and it seems like incompetence. Let's not forget they have been in the most state of the art facility for over a year now with some top talent. That surely has to pay dividends soon!?

laspeorasdeaston

Rikrikrik wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 15:15
But we, compared to where we were on the end of '23 and now in '24, made fairly good progress on the winter break on the 2024 base car. They can maybe create, lets say "mid" base cars (2023 was mid but Ferrari, Merc, and McLaren were nowhere), the problem comes when evolving them. The trouble must be understanding the car once created from scratch, idk

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

TyreSlip wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 15:25
collindsilva wrote:
I think it's silly to blame every downgrade the last two years to the Mercedes wind tunnel. Mercedes did win 3 races this year when they got the development path right.
I'm.not so.sure about it ,Totto at winter test hinted it they found the problem source in the correlation. I wouldn't be surprised if they forget to tell to Aston about it.

nowaysthatsreal
nowaysthatsreal

They have already ditched this years car. Or it looks like that. Don’t expect them to make any progress this year. It’s sad that none of the upgrades could fix the problems. All hope is on newey, and the new tunnel/ simulator coming live.

diffuser

collindsilva wrote:
TyreSlip wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 14:37
laspeorasdeaston wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 10:44
On a "positive note", they are testing 2025 parts on the 2024 chasis so at least they are already gathering data from what's wrong or right. Also, I relate to you guys, we need to see how the team upgrades the '25 car with the new WT. There must be something wrong with Mercedes WT because they had also quite the bad upgrade package here at COTA. Also, I believe their rear suspension is a limitation, thought if a smaller team like Williams is using it and its ahead of us, so it's no excuse or justification.
Williams is still using the older pull-rod suspension from Mercedes, as Vowles said Mercedes was too late on informing them of the final push-rod/gearbox specification and didn't want to compromise design of the 2024 car.

As bad as Mercedes is, that car is light years better than the Aston Martin. Sauber is much closer to us than Aston Martin is to the 8th best car (look at the race pace stats).

What it implies is you are not going to get the answer to those questions in this forum. Nobody here knows what is going on there except Cowell, saying nobody is happy with how things are. Even that was an obvious statement.

It isn't as simple as that.When people say fire this guy, they should do this or that, they are just guessing.

A season is not 1 race... Even on a sprint weekend the most points Haas could muster was 7 points. They're still behind by 48 points, 10 point more that they've gotten all year.

All I can do is hope that they can improve the setup next week. Hopefully, Mexico straights between Turns 16 through turn 1 and turn 10 to turn 12 will help AMR24.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Honestly, anyone still believe? the same excuses, the same speech, " sprint weekend" " wrong setup" "others upgrade too" the same speech since spain 2023 almost 2 years and AM still diving in the grid and they talk like they are the most incredible team making great things. I lost absolute any hope on them, even Newey, Honda, Wind tunnel or Whatever, they not show results, they are always show disaters upgrade after upgrade. After they are 0.1 more faster than Sauber u take the mic and say " the upgrades works fine" is insane.

https://es.motorsport.com/f1/news/mejor ... /10665060/

Nikosar
Nikosar

According to James Vowles, their aerodynamics workforce is about 50 people. Only 5 people are working on the 2024 and 2025 cars. Most and all resources are employed for 2026.

Now, seeing how the season has unfolded since the second part of 2023 for Aston and IMHO, Aston is now focusing on 2026 even though it has more resources. And this is the most rational approach. There is no need to focus on 2025 unless they pull off a miracle in the winter.

I understand the frustration now, and it is even more frustrating to see Williams or even Haass not even having a simulator and paying to use an F2 simulator.

Aston had a more than reasonable amount of time to produce a working upgrade. They admit to be lost and had to start again with a new approach. It is all corporate talk, they turned the page for 26.

Unlucky for us, this is the frustrating present, a compromised present but for a better 2026.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Nikosar wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 21:21
According to James Vowles, their aerodynamics workforce is about 50 people. Only 5 people are working on the 2024 and 2025 cars. Most and all resources are employed for 2026.

Now, seeing how the season has unfolded since the second part of 2023 for Aston and IMHO, Aston is now focusing on 2026 even though it has more resources. And this is the most rational approach. There is no need to focus on 2025 unless they pull off a miracle in the winter.

I understand the frustration now, and it is even more frustrating to see Williams or even Haass not even having a simulator and paying to use an F2 simulator.

Aston had a more than reasonable amount of time to produce a working upgrade. They admit to be lost and had to start again with a new approach. It is all corporate talk, they turned the page for 26.

Unlucky for us, this is the frustrating present, a compromised present but for a better 2026.
What 2026? I thought teams are banned from working on them until the start of 2025 .

Nikosar
Nikosar

You are right indeed, FIA banned teams to start early work for 26 but the FIA cannot stop team members thinking about how they will tackle the rules, sketching designs or run simulation. It is a huge work to do, from the PU to aero ecc…

So the ban prevent them from testing any element of a 2026 car early.

It is foolish to wait the end of 2025 to start the work for 26.

Chuckjr

The Newey effect will start to take effect next year, me thinks. He’s such an analogue dude, I’m sure just looking at the current car he can make suggestions that will help for 2025, and he certainly can help them with weekend set up each race in 2025. Fred’s experience paired with Newey’s engineering prowess will be an especially effective pairing for race weekend car set up.

Newey knows he will be associated with the success or failure of the 2025 Aston regardless if he is or is not actually involved as most fans and the media seem oblivious onto the lengthy process of aero, and just how long it takes to improve a car. That said, and as bad as the car is, I’m sure Newey will be motivated to try and at least get the 2025 model to a solid middle of the pack position up from the bottom dweller that it is currently. He will surround himself with a smart engineering team, and they should be able to deliver the goods quicker than most.

Fred making it to Q3 renders his continuing goat status. =D>
Watching F1 since 1986.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Basic: AMR need to fix current car if not they end up with same issue again. The rules are not changing so they must improve the current car.....If they going backwards then it is very difficult to gain those gap with front runners... will take years... however luckily we have reset in 2026... but even I don't have any trust on them as how they are operating now. Two years on the row they are struggling.... even with Newly... will take time. 2026 will hit or flap for AMR.....

Alonso time is running out......

collindsilva
collindsilva

selvam_e2002 wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 05:10
Basic: AMR need to fix current car if not they end up with same issue again. The rules are not changing so they must improve the current car.....If they going backwards then it is very difficult to gain those gap with front runners... will take years... however luckily we have reset in 2026... but even I don't have any trust on them as how they are operating now. Two years on the row they are struggling.... even with Newly... will take time. 2026 will hit or flap for AMR.....

Alonso time is running out......
To fix the problem, you have to understand the root cause, it seems AMR does not understand where the problem lies