Does F1 need another tweak to overtaking rules?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Rikhart
Rikhart

Re: Does F1 need another tweak to overtaking rules?

Nah, scrap rules. Just fix the circuits, make them more like the olden days, you have track, and then you have grass or gravel. All the problems about this, and also track limits, they would all magically disappear.

Andres125sx

Rikhart wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 23:23
Nah, scrap rules. Just fix the circuits, make them more like the olden days, you have track, and then you have grass or gravel. All the problems about this, and also track limits, they would all magically disappear.
Indeed

Just need 2m of grass next to the curb, then asphalt is possible to prevent accidents and slow down cars wich lost control, but just 1,5-2m of grass next to the curb and this problem will instantly dissapear

Max deserved a penalty btw, it´s amazing how FIA do protect him #-o

TimW
TimW

It was also on Norris. He did not make an attempt to stay on track, he simply blasted on a past Verstappen off track. The argument that you were forced off track becomes a lot weaker that way, and there was an obvious gain from going around Max.
So although I don't agree to the penalty, he made it very easy for the stewards to judge it this way. Norris simply did not play it in a smart way, and Verstappen did.

Edit: Although I don't feel the penalty was fair, I am still not sure if I disagree with it. If the stewards would have let it pass, that would have created an even bigger mess. If drivers are allowed to blast past if they run out of space, that sets the precedent for many more controversial, impossible to judge situations in the future.

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

There should be no rules at all and gravel/walls everywhere. There's no such b@tching in Nascar or Indycar.