Renault R30

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
madly
madly

Re: Renault R30

Carlo's wrote:madly, fix the links because they don't work.
Carlo's - but I see all pictures on F1tech embedded in my posts! Maybe it's something wrong on your side?
Last edited by madly on 02 Apr 2010, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

Carlo's
Carlo's

maybe send normal links, cheers.

madly
madly

Carlo's wrote:maybe send normal links, cheers.
Maybe use normal browser ;-) - in Firefox it's working perfectly, IE don't see it. But WRI2.net use only dynamic links to their images.

raceman

madly wrote:
Maybe use normal browser ;-) - in Firefox it's working perfectly, IE don't see it. But WRI2.net use only dynamic links to their images.
I am also unable to see the pictures..... :x

Carlo's
Carlo's

madly wrote:
I also have a firefox, and it still doesn't work.

madly
madly

OK, folks, sorry then. I use last FF 3.6 and everything works. I checked on IE and you are right, it's not visible. I fixed it by uploading photos into my webserver. Should be visible in any browser now.

plailleur
plailleur

I have found this on Autosport.com. These new barge boards look a lot like Mercedes'.

PNSD
PNSD

Carlo's wrote:
PNSD wrote:Is it me or is there a slot in that rear wing, to the left of the Bridgestone logo on the endplate?
Yes, most teams have this slot in their rear wings.
Im talking about the faint one, similar to the Mclaren, Williams and Sauber slot. NOT the main slot gap.

What I see is effectivley 3 planes, similar to the Mclaren, Williams and Sauber iterations. Im not sure we quite connected with what we meant there.

Blackout

Blackout wrote:Yes the R30 has new sidepod deflectors and even bargeboards..! (for the first time since 2008)

ARX_RNLT
ARX_RNLT

Giblet
Giblet

Blackout wrote:
Blackout wrote:Yes the R30 has new sidepod deflectors and even bargeboards..! (for the first time since 2008)
In this shot the 'ripples' down the side look more like steps.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

madly
madly

plailleur wrote:I have found this on Autosport.com. These new barge boards look a lot like Mercedes'.

Similar view from Jarez tests.

I think changes are rather subtle. Sources at Renault said that expected gain in performance at Sepang isn't big.

Blackout

Good morning Madly. hope you slept well. :mrgreen:
The Renault came with a complete new diffuser/rear wheels/rear bodywork... in Bahreïn.

viewtopic.php?p=155056#p155056
Last edited by Blackout on 02 Apr 2010, 16:42, edited 2 times in total.

Blackout

Giblet wrote:
In this shot the 'ripples' down the side look more like steps.
Look at the HD bottom view in the previous (two ?) pages.

madly
madly

n smikle wrote:
madly wrote:@n_smikle - don't you think FIA did full DD check after last upgrade?

Look at the manchild answer:
manchild wrote:Flat floor below bodywork rule stands only for area between wheels (wheels, not axles). For that same reason nose has no flat floor below itself.

This rule?
3.12.5 All parts lying on the reference and step planes, in addition to the transition between the two planes, must produce uniform, solid, hard, continuous, rigid (no degree of freedom in relation to the body/chassis unit), impervious surfaces under all circumstances.
Fully enclosed holes are permitted in the surfaces lying on the reference and step planes provided no part of the car is visible through them when viewed from directly below. This does not apply to any parts of rear view mirrors which are visible, provided each of these areas does not exceed 12000mm² when projected to a horizontal plane above the car, or to any parts of the panels referred to in Article 15.4.7.
It speaks of all parts on the reference and step plane. So that Is what I was following.
You guys post the exact regulation you are talking about :-k I need to see it and surprisingly that still would still not excuse renault's diffuser holes because, You can see that some parts of these holes are:

1. Almost touching the rear wheel center line. (not between the tyres as you say)
2. Lying on the reference plane. (other teams hole lie on a vertical plane).

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3349/d10aus1806.jpg

Not that I am debasing Manchild's interpretations, but this diffuser is something unprecedented and needs some more looking into.

:-k

My only guess is that they are within a certain width or there are similar holes cut out on top of the diffuser roof.

Look at this picture. Maybe your guess is right? :)

And bottom of DD.