Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blackout

Re: Ferrari F10

I'm talking about this :

Edit: ah ok, you too... I saw the topic...

autogyro
autogyro

It should be relatively easy to design a fluid valve with a balanced ambient flow, that would switch a 'duct blower' air flow from the duct to an outlet over the diffuser. Designed carefuly it would also be possible to alter the input to that flow or (a venturi within it) to fine tune the speed at which the change takes place.
Have they done this?

CHT
CHT

It is highly possible that Ferrari is not ready to introduce F-duct yet and the one seen we see today is simply a prototype with no driver's control inlet. The will probably bring the real thing to Barcelona

manchild
manchild

When will they ever admit defeat? :lol:

That piping looks so unimaginative. I'm sure that endplates are thick enough for tiny NACA ducts that would be required.

Jun 13, 2006

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2828

PlatinumZealot

I had a similar alternative for the Mclaren F-duct. I drew up a passive version. It's interesting because the Sauber version is possibly passive too.

πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

autogyro
autogyro

n smikle wrote:I had a similar alternative for the Mclaren F-duct. I drew up a passive version. It's interesting because the Sauber version is possibly passive too.

Exactly but where is the adjustment for different tracks and track conditions?

siskue2005

n smikle wrote:I had a similar alternative for the Mclaren F-duct. I drew up a passive version. It's interesting because the Sauber version is possibly passive too.
Nope the Sauber one is ACTIVE..... Pedro confirmed that their car had active one

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Would this work as a digital system? ie on/off or would it be incremental? I could see this being quite dangerous around high speed corners.

Either way I wouldn't want to take 130R with a passive system. I'd want to know for sure that the wing wasn't stalled.

PlatinumZealot

autogyro wrote:
Exactly but where is the adjustment for different tracks and track conditions?
Ask Ferrari..lol

I think that having it activate at one speed is more than adequate. All we and the drivers know is that when you are on a long straight you want it ON. So it safe to bet that the activation speed is going to be faster than the speed through the fastest turn.

I thought the Mclaren one was passive from the beginning, when one of the forumers in think "SLC" came up with the knee thing, I slowly accepted it, but I still wasn't too sure. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8028&start=885

The thing is we still don't know if the F-duct driver activated up to know.
Nope the Sauber one is ACTIVE..... Pedro confirmed that their car had active one
I vaguely remember the article.. but I don't fully recall if he said that he him self uses his elbow or knee to activate it. Maybe we should bring this to the aerodynamics section..lol.. don't want to mess up the ferrari thread.

Racing Green in 2028

Downforce
Downforce

So what's that shiny thing inside the duct? Just a reflection, or...?

Pandamasque

Let's not forget about yaw as another difference between straights and corners.

Also Scarbs has posted about this Ferrari F*** duct thing.
http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2010/04/1 ... rear-wing/

manchild
manchild

Downforce wrote:So what's that shiny thing inside the duct? Just a reflection, or...?
Pitot tube.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

PlatinumZealot

This picture.. Do you have a bigger one? Or even one where we can see more of the fin? Would be good if we can see if there are any ducts that connect to the main one.

Racing Green in 2028

ringo

siskue2005 wrote:
He was talking about what he knew of the Mclaren's right?
Run the quote by me again, i don't think he was talking of the sauber car.
For Sure!!