Hispania F110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
nacho
nacho

Re: HRT F1 car

In TS Kolles says they have ended the collaboration with Dallara and will continue on their own from now on.

bar555
bar555

marcush. wrote:
volarchico wrote:But completely closed? Is that normal?
I doubt this is entirely closed .the duct is very big and it is well possible they chose to open up only the lowest part wich is shaded by the wingflap.

picture from China

The duct is not fully covered .As marcush said the wing's flap prevents you from seeing the open lowest part
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

marcush.
marcush.

nacho wrote:In TS Kolles says they have ended the collaboration with Dallara and will continue on their own from now on.
but have they got the drawings and calculations? or is it rverseengineering from now on ...what would be the best way to found a base for 2011 as obviously they will lose another huge chunk of time until they could probably aim for anything other than the last row...
so call it a test year and try to amass as much data as possible and run the cars with as many sensors as possible trying all extremes available with this car..development as such can only aim at 2011 with their recources anyways...and after cutting the ties with dallara they can possibly not develop the car much as they have to gear up and design the 2011 contender -with different tyre supply ...

volarchico
volarchico

bar555 wrote:The duct is not fully covered .As marcush said the wing's flap prevents you from seeing the open lowest part
Thanks for those pictures!

JGomezH
JGomezH

On China GP, the front wing showed a very little change.

The white wing showed a different rounded curve. and a black :?: edge :!:

Also in the picture we can see the half closed brake ducts.

The car for Spain gp shows a different livery, slightly modified.

New mirrors are not installed, for the moment, in Klien's car.

bar555
bar555

The black thing is a gurney tab ,which helps to boost downforce production with a small drag penalty . The tab was used in all races but at Bahrain a tab-less version was tested but not finally raced .

The wing's profile ( in white color ) hasn't been changed from Bahrain to China . The different view angle decieves you .

Finally the most striking updates-changes ( , as actually they are not true updates ) were the front brake duct inlet reduction and the different cascade fin colour at Malaysia .
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

zgred

Outboard mirrors

Inboard mirrors

raymondu999

ew. Those mirrors look positively ugly.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raceman

Hispania and Dallara end partnership!

End of partnership for Hispania and Dallara

Pandamasque

runoffarea: Apparently HRT have ended their relationship with Dallara. (Something about mood swings)
:lol:

Jan_83

Are the rumors right that Dallara only modified the old Andrea Moda chassis?
:^o :lol:

xpensive
xpensive

Pandamasque wrote:
runoffarea: Apparently HRT have ended their relationship with Dallara. (Something about mood swings)
But what does all this mean, are the going to give the cars back or what?

It doesn't seem logical to me to end anything at this point in time anyway, even if the car is desperately slow,
it's not that far behind the other newcomers. And what did the HRT team xpect anyway, a world beater?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

aral
aral

xpensive wrote:
Pandamasque wrote:
But what does all this mean, are the going to give the cars back or what?

It doesn't seem logical to me to end anything at this point in time anyway, even if the car is desperately slow,
it's not that far behind the other newcomers. And what did the HRT team xpect anyway, a world beater?
HRT were not abiding by their contract, or paying up on time. Dallara withdrew support, so the relationship was ended. HRT are now saying that they will buy the Toyota tubs and Cologne base, but this won't do them much good, as tub will probably not conform to 2011 rules. They are also disillusioned with Senna, and he wasn't driving today. As he brought a pile of cash to them, I think that HRT may be on the verge of collapse.

xpensive
xpensive

Doesn't strike me as very serious acting at all. Just a fine selection the FIA made a year ago, wasn't it?

And what is Toyota thinking anyway, after the embarrasment with those Serbian con men, would they give their cars to these guys?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

nacho
nacho

If they buy into the Cologne base and the Toyota car it will be a huge step for them. The other thing is do they have the money to run it and hire the staff, most of them have gone elsewhere anyways?