Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
triart3d
triart3d

Re: Ferrari F10

Fisichella testing new front wing in Vairano

Vairano, 1 May 2010 – The front wing’s management system was tested on the track of Vairano by Giancarlo Fisichella during four days of aerodynamic tests, foreseen by the agreement between the twelve teams.

This was not the only novelty tested by the Scuderia’s third driver. The F10 was also fitted with a new aerodynamic configuration, which should be used on the Circuit de Catalunya next Friday, during the free practice session for the race in Barcelona, including a new position of the rear-view mirrors, which have to be adjusted on the chassis. There is also a new chassis, bearing the progressive number 284: as of the Spanish Grand Prix it will be used by Felipe Massa. The data collected today will be analysed by the team over the next days and then, according to how the two free practice sessions on Friday will go, the men will decide if all the updates will be used for the qualifying.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/For ... _wing.aspx

Italiano
Italiano

Any pictures? I'm anxious to see the inboard mirrors solution. :D
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Astro1
Astro1

Here's a video but you can hardly see anything.

http://ferrarif1forum.com/2010/05/03/f1 ... t-on-tape/

lotus7
lotus7

triart3d wrote:Fisichella testing new front wing in Vairano

Vairano, 1 May 2010 – The front wing’s management system was tested on the track of Vairano by Giancarlo Fisichella during four days of aerodynamic tests, foreseen by the agreement between the twelve teams.
Can someone pse explain how this testing is not subject to the testing ban ?

timbo
timbo

lotus7 wrote:

Take a look here http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... 2-2010.pdf
pages 8-9

GraphiteRider
GraphiteRider

lotus7 wrote:

Every team can test 4 days in the season. This is a straight-line test, because it's mostly on air fields, and the test pilot can go only straight line

lotus7
lotus7

[quote="GraphiteRider"

Every team can test 4 days in the season. This is a straight-line test, because it's mostly on air fields, and the test pilot can go only straight line[/quote]

"iii)(eight) six one day aerodynamic tests carried out on FIA approved straight line or constant radius sites between 1 January 2010 and the end of the last Event of the Championship. Any of these days may be substituted for four hours of wind-on full scale wind tunnel testing to be carried out in a single twenty four hour period.

Looks like 6 days now .

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Ferrari allowed to do changes to engine to fix the reliability issues.

Furthermore, they will run the f-duct on both cars in barcelona practice.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83320

Poleman

So what is the game now?Everyone that has reliability issues starts bitching and gets clearance to make modifications to the engiine to make it reliable??Maybe its the package and not the engine itself...I dont recall so many reliability issues in the start of the season with the same engine last year...I can understand Renault got permission to upgrade their powerplant but they were underpowered...Anyway its ok,its Ferrari after all... :roll: =D>

wesley123
wesley123

agree with you poleman, this whole thing stinks.

Afterall we have an engine freeze, how can it be that an engine that was reliable last year isnt reliable this year? afterall there is an engine freeze...
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

autogyro
autogyro

wesley123 wrote:agree with you poleman, this whole thing stinks.

Afterall we have an engine freeze, how can it be that an engine that was reliable last year isnt reliable this year? afterall there is an engine freeze...
I did suggest on another thread that part of the problem could well be having to run the engines weaker for longer due to the fuel restrictions, which would cause the exhaust to run hotter for longer.
I do not see a problem with any team or engine supply company being able to gain permission for essential fault fixing so long as the FIA control all aspects of what is done. Certainly in the first year of these new engine regulations anyway.

Italiano
Italiano

Who didn't have problems? What happened then in Melbourne last year to Ferrari? Or 2008..this engine isn't really good under this freeze..has some problems each year..
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Ferrari had no issues last year, why should they be allowed to change?
If there is an "engine freeze" then what has changed from October last year to May this?

Forgive my scepticism, but perhaps a flaw "found" its way into the design to allow the change for greater power?
More could have been done.
David Purley

Poleman

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Ferrari had no issues last year, why should they be allowed to change?
If there is an "engine freeze" then what has changed from October last year to May this?

Forgive my scepticism, but perhaps a flaw "found" its way into the design to allow the change for greater power?
Glad to see that i am not the only one who thinks this way...

Holm86

I believe autogyro is right. The new regulations which doesn't allow refuelling could have made Ferrari run their engines on a leaner mixture raising the heat of the engine.