Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wrcsti
wrcsti

Re: Ferrari F10

I think it would be better to just switch the brake bias to the right side if there is enough room.

siskue2005

wesley123 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
They could have just moved the hole 10 cm behind from its current position, In that way they could activate it using their elbows...so that they dont have to take their hands off the steering wheel....and move the brake balance switch (the tricky brake balance thingy switch ) to the right side (remember it used to be on the right side in Schumy era and 2007)
1. You forget about tub homologation
2. you forget about upshifting
1. I agree the tub homologation is tricky, but if they can put a tube all the way from Shark fin behind the driver to its current position?, cant they move the hole 10 cm behind?

2. Upshifts....didnt you see Alonso was using his RIGHT hand (which does the upshifts) to use the brake balance, to turn a swtich which is on the LEFT SIDE! :o .....so is it better to do that or put the Brake balance switch on the RIGHT side ?? 8)

Moreover the Brake balance switch used to be on the RIGHT side from 2003 to 2008 IIRC

So i dont see any problem in making the system more ergonomic to the driver

zoic
zoic

Moving the hole backwards, I think they would run the risk of accidentally closing the hole with the elbow/forearm during cornering or if the driver needs to make hasty avoiding manouvers. You wouldn't want to lose rear downforce in those situations :wtf:

zgred

Rob Smedley wrote:Team radio: We're a second quikcer with a broken front wing. I think we'fe found the solution
8)

marcush.
marcush.

=D> =D> =D>

heard that as well...cool dude ...but really a lot of thruth in this..the Aeroguys develop in minuscule steps ,the wing is definitely scrap and the guy is still quicker ...how does that go? the time is in the driver ...confidence and controlled aggression.

nacho
nacho

Is there any data on how Massa's lap times were affected by the broken front wing?

About the upshifts, I remember a few years back that the upshifts were actually done automatically, the driver used the paddle only for downshifts. They could move the upshifts to left foot anyways

twoshots
twoshots

Smedley commented on Massa's radio after the front wing damage (around lap 28ish):
"Half a second quicker with a broken front wing; I think we've found the solution."
Gotta love Smedley, provides more entertainment than Massa over the course of the season.

hollus

Don't overinterpret that. It was in the context of whether Massa needed to pit or now. Even with the extra half a second, he was lapping slower than Alonso. I checked it in that very lap. It was just a joke to keep the baby entertained (he had a hell of a boring race otherwise).
Rivals, not enemies.

Shaddock

zgred wrote:Image
Rob Smedley wrote:Team radio: We're a second quikcer with a broken front wing. I think we'fe found the solution
8)
There starting with that wing on Sunday at Monaco.

ffangio
ffangio

Shame it's illegal - there is probably something trick in that split endplare concept!

Shaddock

ffangio wrote:Shame it's illegal - there is probably something trick in that split endplare concept!
Probably acts like a flexi wing!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Just rationalize it as being necessary for cooling the internals. :D
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Mr Alcatraz

Re: Ferrari F60

I guess it's about time for me to put the hex on Fred.
If he runs Monaco without an engine failiar he will have actually put three races on the same lump for the first time this season! :P

Whoops! Wrong Ferrari. :oops:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

thestig84
thestig84

Re: Ferrari F60

With no f duct Ferrari have added a small additional wing on the end of shark fin/rear wing.

Intego

"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules