Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Ferrari F10

you can actually compare it as when you are making a test in the classroom and ask the teacher if you can look at the guy next to you as he might have it wrong, you have an excuse but you abuse it to get better results for yourself
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

autogyro
autogyro

Tazio wrote:
autogyro wrote:No it is not. If this were not the case, the technical discusion would have been killed stone dead by the Toffosi.
Their technical arguments did not stand up and still do not.

So again, Why would redesigning the valve gas spring seals require a change in the mass or design of anything else on the valve train?
How could such a change result in an increase in power?
These are simple technical questions about F1 technology on the F1 technology site. Why is there a problem with this?
Let me ask you a practical question.
I'm guessing you are a Technical Yoda that has a personal relationship with the Internal Combustion Engine Spirits.
(Scarbs as well) I think your hypothesis may be right. However there are other Engineers that design, and build F1 Lumps as we speak.
I only take exception to the members on this forum that are cock sure that this 12bhp increase is written in stone, and is clearly cheating.
I have searched high and low and I cannot find any other news source that makes a mention of Ferrari's contravention of the rules.
Do you have any explanation why this is?
Have Ferrari sent a couple guys from Palermo to every other F1 Factory and intimated if they rat them out they will be swimming with the fishes, sporting brand new concrete Puma's?
If so, Link Please?
Dont worry Tazio, the truth on how much extra power will be well concealed.
However look who heads the practice times and I bet qualy will be very very interesting mark my words. Keep an eye on those times and what the upgrades are.

PlatinumZealot

12 peak horsepower is not that much if they had 750 to begin with. If they have 12 hp through out the whole power-band now, now that is an improvement.

I mean, you slap on a fancy air intake and change the air filter on a street car and get 12hp even without remaping the ECU, so 12 hp is not that shocking.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Racing Green in 2028

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

My sources close to the action indicate it is closer to a 9.71hp increase, at STP.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Mr Alcatraz

autogyro wrote:Dont worry Tazio, the truth on how much extra power will be well concealed.
However look who heads the practice times and I bet qualy will be very very interesting mark my words. Keep an eye on those times and what the upgrades are.
I doubt if I'm informed enough to be able to discern between a well cloaked Suspension/Aero upgrade, and an increase in power of 1.5%! Quali will be interesting. During the Thursday free practice sessions I assume Fred was running a lump that was driven hard, and put away wet. If he was, were Ferrari allowed to upgrade that lump? I'm not sure what to make of his best lap time. It was roughly .4 sec's slower than the lap record of Mike set in 2004. That (IMO) is substantial considering how short the laps are. In a sane world Fred would be using the Ferrari Power Plant that is on its third consecuyive race, being Monaco, and having cool thick air. It would make sense to use it here. Has that Lump received the improved valve seating system?
Sorry to bore you but there is another matter I'm slightly perplexed about. If the change to the engine has truly done what Ferrari said they were altering it to do. Wouldn't Fred and Bulk be inclined to drive it at or nearer to 18,000 rpm
simply because it is indeed more reliable, and in and of itself allow the challenger in be faster in race trim over the course of the entire race and proportionate to fuel loads? There are so many variables. I look forward to comparing notes after this weekendโ€™s barbeque.
Here's to Bulk and Fred not taking each other out before they have one timed lap, and having to watch the race from the hospital :-s

BTW My mint condition copy of George Harrisonโ€™s "Faster" arrived today (from Jolly Olde). It was sent Royal Mail the day the Volcano grounded planes at Heathrow, and I had given up hope of it ever arriving.
So at least I have that going for me :-" :mrgreen:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

autogyro
autogyro

+1
Hope you like the music, I was listening to the George Harrison memorial concert recorded at the Albert in surround sound last night.
As to qualy and the race, we shall see.
One thing I am glad of and that is not being involved with Cosworth at the moment.

ecapox

Ok, maybe im missing something here. Other than by pure speculation, how has this "extra" HP increase been calculated? If there is some sort of equation, i'd like to see it (not that i would be able to figure it out). If there is some FIA documentation that says "an added bonus to Ferrari's reliability upgrade is a gain in 12hp". Or even something from a Team Principal that says "Ferrari increased their HP on the hush-hush and im pissed off".

...also i firmly believe that McLaren and RedBull would object to Ferrari's "reliability" change if they felt that it brough up the HP by more than just a nominal amount.

Mr Alcatraz

autogyro wrote:+1
Hope you like the music, I was listening to the George Harrison memorial concert recorded at the Albert in surround sound last night.
As to qualy and the race, we shall see.
One thing I am glad of and that is not being involved with Cosworth at the moment.
ag the disc I bought is not for listening to! In fact it was released in 1978 and has never been played
http://www.jpgr.co.uk/k17423.html
I paid 25lb's sterling for it.
It's in mint condition with original pakaging.
Here is the video that George made for it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMm4bhs6GYY[/youtube]
Last edited by Mr Alcatraz on 15 May 2010, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

autogyro
autogyro

Thats right Tazio, I remember them talking about it at the Hari Chrishna temple in Bourham Wood and up the road at the Battle Axes pub over from Elstree aerodrome.

ringo

autogyro wrote:
Tazio wrote:
autogyro wrote:No it is not. If this were not the case, the technical discusion would have been killed stone dead by the Toffosi.
Their technical arguments did not stand up and still do not.

So again, Why would redesigning the valve gas spring seals require a change in the mass or design of anything else on the valve train?
How could such a change result in an increase in power?
These are simple technical questions about F1 technology on the F1 technology site. Why is there a problem with this?
Let me ask you a practical question.
I'm guessing you are a Technical Yoda that has a personal relationship with the Internal Combustion Engine Spirits.
(Scarbs as well) I think your hypothesis may be right. However there are other Engineers that design, and build F1 Lumps as we speak.
I only take exception to the members on this forum that are cock sure that this 12bhp increase is written in stone, and is clearly cheating.
I have searched high and low and I cannot find any other news source that makes a mention of Ferrari's contravention of the rules.
Do you have any explanation why this is?
Have Ferrari sent a couple guys from Palermo to every other F1 Factory and intimated if they rat them out they will be swimming with the fishes, sporting brand new concrete Puma's?
If so, Link Please?
Dont worry Tazio, the truth on how much extra power will be well concealed.
When they improved the seals, they were able to use a reformulated lubricant, which they could not use with the previous seals. I think it's from this lubricant that the 12 hp is being freed up from. So it's more like reducing the friction power of the engine and increasing the brake power.
For Sure!!

zgred

PlatinumZealot

I think I understand how the Renault's diffuser works now..hehe.. I seeeeee.. makes sense now. Does anybody else notice what is going on for the ferrari diffuser?

Racing Green in 2028

Blackout

Ferrari's diffuser 'holes' are very similar with what Sauber, Toro roso and williams have...

PlatinumZealot

Give me a link or two to the diffuser pictures of the said cars please. I need to see what you are talking about. :-k

Racing Green in 2028

Blackout

Couldn't find all the photo I have... maybe later...