Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WhiteBlue

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

Pit wrote:That should be another big step forward for Ferrari. Massa's FW modification gave them 0.5s, and this upgrade will probably give them twice as much :D
Is there any chance to fix Alonso's car before Q1?
Plenty I reckon.

All are still on hard tyres. So times will still come down considerably.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

Miguel wrote:That was terribly silly from Fernando. Where exactly did he lose it? Under braking?
No, got on the power too soon too much.

Edit: I stand corrected. Brakes then.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 15 May 2010, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

Alguersuari the first on super soft tyres!

zgred

WhiteBlue wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:Merc are running the short wheeelbase and Rosberg is faster than Schumi.
Sutil also had a small shunt and had to replace the rear wing and left rear wheel assembly.

Miguel
Miguel

WhiteBlue wrote:
Miguel wrote:That was terribly silly from Fernando. Where exactly did he lose it? Under braking?
No, got on the power too soon too much.
That's what I would have expected, but if you look at your antepenultimate capture, you will see that he was at the barriers in that Bridgestone sign. Where did he floor the throttle? Before braking?
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

WhiteBlue

Pretty much everybody is affected by traffic. Kubica has an almost clear lap.

roost89
roost89

WhiteBlue wrote:
Pit wrote:That should be another big step forward for Ferrari. Massa's FW modification gave them 0.5s, and this upgrade will probably give them twice as much :D
Is there any chance to fix Alonso's car before Q1?
Plenty I reckon.

All are still on hard tyres. So times will still come down considerably.
#They're already pre-assembling parts so that it takes less time to fix!

Quali looks like it's going to be amazingly hectic! I'll miss it but I'll try and watch it later today on Sky+

FP3 is hectic as it is. :D Awesome!
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

JohnsonsEvilTwin

WhiteBlue wrote:Merc are running the short wheeelbase and Rosberg is faster than Schumi.

[-X [-X [-X [-X

:lol:
More could have been done.
David Purley

WhiteBlue

Alonso could go five places back if the gearbox is toast.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Kubica looking fantastic, driving like he has a point to prove.
Put him in a red bull and i will show you a WDC!

Schumacher and Rosberg looking better for Mercedes, both held up though Rosberg would have been 0.2 off Kubica and Schumacher about the same had traffic not interfered.

Red Bull looking quick, probably 1-2 for them if they can get a clean lap in quali.

McLaren looking quick in Hamiltons hands, not very in Buttons.

Ferrari have problems with Alonso, he may not even make quali one! Massa looks quick but he is all over the place. He wont last all race driving like that.
David Purley

WhiteBlue

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:

[-X [-X [-X [-X

Looks like that has changed with the super soft tyres but you can't really say because all got so much bogged down by traffic that Kubica was fastest. He was sure quick but no way the fastest ultimately.

Miguel
Miguel

WhiteBlue wrote: Looks like that has changed with the super soft tyres but you can't really say because all got so much bogged down by traffic that Kubica was fastest. He was sure quick but no way the fastest ultimately.
Kubica has looked superb the whole weekend. Hard tires or soft tires. I wouldn't be surprised if he won on Sunday, although he's not my favourite.

EDIT: Regarding Alonso's accident, this is what Marca says:
Fernando Alonso wrote:No ha habido problema mecánico, lo que pasó es que he bloqueado de delante y me he ido contra la barrera
And my slightly loose translation is:
Fernando Alonso wrote:It wasn't a mechanical failure. I actually locked the front wheels and hit the barrier.
Last edited by Miguel on 15 May 2010, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

auto saibot

no, kubica is not going to win.maybe any of two ferraris

JohnsonsEvilTwin

In monaco, its not always the fastest that wins.

I mean look at Massa, he looks mighty but then half way round he gets wheels on the curbs and he almost slides into a barrier. He did it nearly 3 times in the space of 20 minutes.
Massa will NOT win tommorow.

I predicted Alonso may win, but I change this due to his accident in FP3. No way that they can turn around a weekends setup in 1 hour 40 minutes with a wrecked right hand side F60.

Kubica is strong, very strong but he isnt as fast as Red Bull, the RB6 will be the car to beat for sure in qualifying.

Massa will be up ther but he is too loose with his car round the track. So high quali but during the race he will either settle into a groove and collect points or go Kamikaze and stack it.

Im willing Schumi and Rosberg on, both driving very well. we will see
Luigi Hamilton looks good too, but one lap pace is a macca achiles heel
David Purley

siskue2005

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:

[-X [-X [-X [-X

actually its Schumy who is slightly faster than Nico, even with the older version of the car :)