Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zgred

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

Just_a_fan wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Does that count as using both compounds hence the driver no longer needs to pit? Looks like an F2007 to me...
A set of tyres is two front and two rear tyres all of the same specification, so no, he can't run a mix of compounds in one set and declare he's run both types.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... 2-2010.pdf

I don't remember the race with the Ferrari running a mixed set of tyres. When was that and did the result stand? Maybe the clarification of what a tyre set consists of came in after that...
2007 Chinese Grand Prix

Masa - 3rd

Kimi - 1st

The unforgettable Hamilton's nightmare.

raymondu999

Wasn't that the one when Massa mysteriously lost the lead to Kimi?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JohnsonsEvilTwin

raymondu999 wrote: Is it just me, or were free practice and qualy sessions looking like they were from formula drift rather than formula 1?
Absolutely agree. Honorable mentions to Kubica and Massa.
Its why both of them will not win. :cry:

In both cases I hope Im proved wrong.
More could have been done.
David Purley

marcush.
marcush.

nacho wrote:If he pitted after lap 1 he would anyways catch the back of the pack in I'd say five laps. Safety car is always possible in Monaco, he would have the tyre rule satisfied and could leap the pack when other would pit.
thats a cool strategy ...I would try this I guess ..the time lost due to tyre change is close to zero with this + you can expect him to run near the points with his speed when everyone else needs to pit for the second set of tyres.would give him a massive jump possibly.the midfield should be a packed up group anyways so maybe he can jump from the back to the front of this group ..nice idea.

unfortunatelly in loews parking area he will inevitably loose some seconds in the first lap no matter how late he is released from pitlane.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

marcush. wrote:
nacho wrote:If he pitted after lap 1 he would anyways catch the back of the pack in I'd say five laps. Safety car is always possible in Monaco, he would have the tyre rule satisfied and could leap the pack when other would pit.
thats a cool strategy ...I would try this I guess ..the time lost due to tyre change is close to zero with this + you can expect him to run near the points with his speed when everyone else needs to pit for the second set of tyres.would give him a massive jump possibly.the midfield should be a packed up group anyways so maybe he can jump from the back to the front of this group ..nice idea.

unfortunatelly in loews parking area he will inevitably loose some seconds in the first lap no matter how late he is released from pitlane.
Well there will be a saftey car, im certain of it. So if I were Alonso I would do the 1st lap pitstop, and get on the harder tyre.
There is a small problem in tyre wear towards the end of the race, but if you starting last you have to gamble.
More could have been done.
David Purley

komninosm
komninosm

I thought the same thing. Can the medium tyres last the whole race?

siskue2005

Jersey Tom wrote:
zgred wrote:
andartop wrote::lol:

Can a driver use a combination of soft and hard tires at the front/rear and then vice versa?
Ferrari was using different compounds on the left/right side in the past. I was truly amazed with that :D

Been done for decades...
yes it was done for decades, but since 2000s its illegal to do that

that pic of Kimi, what it is showing us is that the left front and the rear lost the white line on it during the race....i remember that race....and it was confirmed later that the white line just disappeared due to wear

So its illegal to use different tyre compounds on the car

siskue2005

zgred wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Does that count as using both compounds hence the driver no longer needs to pit? Looks like an F2007 to me...
A set of tyres is two front and two rear tyres all of the same specification, so no, he can't run a mix of compounds in one set and declare he's run both types.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... 2-2010.pdf

I don't remember the race with the Ferrari running a mixed set of tyres. When was that and did the result stand? Maybe the clarification of what a tyre set consists of came in after that...
2007 Chinese Grand Prix

Masa - 3rd

Kimi - 1st

The unforgettable Hamilton's nightmare.
again, its illegal to run like that
Martin brundle said after the race that the white line simply went away during the race

sunny1304
sunny1304

so far I can remember Ferrari were running different set of tyre.

the commentators of STAR SPORTS said that if the track is wet then there is no problem to use mixed tyres like wet and soft.

I may be b wrong but this is what i can remember.

siskue2005

sunny1304 wrote:so far I can remember Ferrari were running different set of tyre.

the commentators of STAR SPORTS said that if the track is wet then there is no problem to use mixed tyres like wet and soft.

I may be b wrong but this is what i can remember.
what they meant was, you dont need to use the Mandatory 2 compound rule in a wet race
like they do in dry race, were you need to use the soft and hard compound, in wet race that rule is void.
(p.s dont listen the star sports commentators, especially Steve Slater...he doesnt know anything and usually gets every thing wrong.....Remember in Monza 2008 quly....he was shouting that its amazing how everyone can drive so fast in Wet conditions with dry tyre....and he was going on and on about it,.......and actually it was Full wet tyres with a similar white line to the soft tyre, i was laughing my ass off all the time :lol: )

for those who have doubts here is the pic of Chinese GP 2007

Kimi after his final pit stop
with all the white line on his 4 tyres

Massa after his final pit stop
with all the white line on his 4 tyres

and here is kimi on the final lap, with just white line on his right front and rest of the tyre the white line disappearing due to wear

here is Massa at the end of the race with just white line on his right front due to tyre wear

It actually shows what is there set up and the kind of track they racing...with china having really long long right hand corners, there iwll be increased wear on the left side....thats why the white line disappeared

i hope this clears everything

mr moda

Monaco or Ferrari thread guys :roll:

mr moda

djos wrote:To all the Webbo doubters, I hope you are enjoying your humble pie!

Vettel will not dominate him this year like he did last year while Webbo was recovering from serious injury, it's now 3 all for qually and I predict webber and vettel to be pretty even at the end of the season.
+

Careful djos. as an aussie I certainly have all guns blazing for Mark but watch out for Vettel.
Even if I think he is a little pretty boy who panders to the german/bavarian fanboyz

WhiteBlue

Welcome folks to a good Monaco GP. Off they go!

Let's hope all the wheel nuts are tight. :wink: :mrgreen:

Alonso switches on hard tyres
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 16 May 2010, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

zgred

Last edited by zgred on 16 May 2010, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteBlue

Button out
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)