Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

Jersey Tom wrote:Sounds pretty damn similar to me.

In any event, doesn't make sense that you'd have a fraction of a lap sprint right at the end. Even NASCAR gets it better than that...

Yes it does make perfect sense to me. It allows drivers to race to the end!
More could have been done.
David Purley

siskue2005

mr moda wrote:Monaco or Ferrari thread guys :roll:
ooooooh the thread police is here [-X
this is a technical forum!
and were discussing about the tyre compound usage in a race :roll:

anyways what a borefest
until the last corner, Great overtaking from Schumy
Its perfectly legal, the safety car line is in the pit entry place....from 2010 onwards people can overtake from the safety car line
great opportunistic overtaking by schumy
Well the master clearly showing why he is oe of the best =D> =D> =D>

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

I get the impression some people here would bend over for MS...

Oh well. Well done by the Ferrari crew regardless to get FA up 17 positions, if not 18.

Otherwise not a terribly exciting race.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Jersey Tom wrote:I get the impression some people here would bend over for MS...

Oh well. Well done by the Ferrari crew regardless to get FA up 17 positions, if not 18.

Jersey, bend over for schumi? Are you a bit bitter? :lol:

Seems you are a Ferrari fan whos no1 just got done over on the last corner.
David Purley

toshinden
toshinden

any result yet from the stewards?
"the day the child realize that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult" - Alden Nowlan

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Jersey Tom wrote:I get the impression some people here would bend over for MS...

Amen to that.

JET, seems you've been wound up a bit. No more caffeinated coffee on race day next time ok. :D
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ecapox

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:BBC clearly stated a new rule for 2010 under the safety car is the new white line.
Once the safety car is in, and all cars have passed said white line, the race is effectively restarted.
NO, its not the start finish line. It was 10 meters before the final corner.
Schumacher was behind alonso at this point.

LEGIT! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote the BBC all you want. The sporting regs specifically talk about LAST LAP SAFETY CAR. The white line is NOT FOR LAST LAP SAFETY CAR.

Article 40.7 talks about the white line when safety car comes in. BUT there is a specific aricle for the handling of a LAST LAP SAFETY CAR....40.13.

MattF1
MattF1

Damon Hill letting Schumacher off?

Dont mae me laugh.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

ecapox wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:BBC clearly stated a new rule for 2010 under the safety car is the new white line.
Once the safety car is in, and all cars have passed said white line, the race is effectively restarted.
NO, its not the start finish line. It was 10 meters before the final corner.
Schumacher was behind alonso at this point.

LEGIT! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote the BBC all you want. The sporting regs specifically talk about LAST LAP SAFETY CAR. The white line is NOT FOR LAST LAP SAFETY CAR.

Article 40.7 talks about the white line when safety car comes in. BUT there is a specific aricle for the handling of a LAST LAP SAFETY CAR....40.13.
Yea yea, keep living in hope brother.
Quoting 2009 regs will do you or Alonso no good. He got done by Schumi simple as that.
David Purley

siskue2005

WhiteBlue wrote:
ecapox wrote:
FIA Regs 40.13 wrote: the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.
Pretty straight forward.

Safety car enterd in the pits on the last lap. cars cannot overtake. [-X
But the safety car was in and they were allowed to race from the white safety car line. Alonso was taking a little nap there and got a rude wake up call. Schumi absolutely brilliant! As he already told his brother once this is racing and no about taking naps.
what lots of people dont understand is that the track was cleared and the SC WAS PULLED IN THE LAST LAP......so it was a race to the finish....were the race starts from the SC line (which is in the pit entry > NEW RULE)
So Alonso screwed up
and Great work from Schumy. =D> =D>

spacer
spacer

F1 live timer states: "SC will come in this lap, meaning Webber will be racing as he heads to the line to take the chequered flag"

ecapox

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
Yea yea, keep living in hope brother.
Quoting 2009 regs will do you or Alonso no good. He got done by Schumi simple as that.
..Really? Go look at the 2010 sporting regulations before you say im using the 2009 verion..brother.

You can find it on page 24 and 25.

Let me be nice and even give you a link. Of course you can choose to ignore it if you want.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... 2-2010.pdf

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:

Jersey, bend over for schumi? Are you a bit bitter? :lol:

Seems you are a Ferrari fan whos no1 just got done over on the last corner.
Nah. I don't particularly subscribe to one team or another, or one driver or another. Everyone jumps from team to team anyway these days.

I just think it's comical people are going on about the mastery of MS when he's finished 6th... and is well down in the season points anyway.

I did get a kick out of whoever it was commenting about the teams being disinterested in going to 18" wheels. Michelin's exclusivity ploy not workin out...
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

djos

Very smart move by Schumi to catch Nando napping!

anyhoo, Howzat for Webbo!!! absolute domination again!!!! =D> =D> =D>

As the Beeb boys said, had their been no saftey cars, Webbo would have brained the field by 30-40 seconds!!!! :o

Webbo now has a legitimate shot at grabbing WDC this year, Vettel must be wondering if he's ever going to beat Webbo again as when Webbo hooks it up he's untouchable!!! 8)
"In downforce we trust"

djos

mr moda wrote:
djos wrote:To all the Webbo doubters, I hope you are enjoying your humble pie!

Vettel will not dominate him this year like he did last year while Webbo was recovering from serious injury, it's now 3 all for qually and I predict webber and vettel to be pretty even at the end of the season.
+

Careful djos. as an aussie I certainly have all guns blazing for Mark but watch out for Vettel.
Even if I think he is a little pretty boy who panders to the german/bavarian fanboyz
Vettel is good but last year he never got to test himself against a fully fit Webbo, now Webbo's old Qually domination is back imo and Vettel is on the back foot.
Last edited by djos on 16 May 2010, 16:37, edited 2 times in total.
"In downforce we trust"