Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ISLAMATRON

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

Maxtreeme wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:
ringo wrote:...
...To which Hamilton responded with a bad attitude and said something along the lines of 'what the hell + some other stuff", on public radio mind you.
"What the hell? + We are at half the race" <- surprised that he has to adjust the brake balance to save breaks from overheating.
It seems that Lewis is the only driver that is not allowed to speak to his in the manner that he wishes... hmm I wonder why that is.

Max, thanks for the clarification, but please get the quotes correct, it was MX claiming a "bad attitude" for Lewis, not Ringo.

MX, why is it so wrong for Lewis to speak his mind to his team? And why does it matter if it is public radio or not? Is it not Lewis' life on the line? MX, is Alonso shaking his fist at Di Grassi a sign of "bad attitude"? Just want to know for comparison.
Last edited by ISLAMATRON on 16 May 2010, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

komninosm
komninosm

raymondu999 wrote:
Lewis Hamilton wrote: What the hell! Do you want me to race these guys or look after the car?
There you go :mrgreen:
LOL I was pretty close yay :p

BTW can I take a poll of how many people think the Monaco GP should be removed from the F1 calendar? I bloody hate it. It's just a media event for the clueless celebrities that are sucking the resources of this planet for no good reason.

Moanlower

WhiteBlue wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:I clearly recognize that Alonso got owned, legally, but to say that he and Ferrari were "severely embarrassed" is over the top IMO. Schumacher got a better restart, it's clear and simple as daylight to me too.

Alonso restart fail. #-o :)
I think a moderator has to be neutral to this kind of debate.

Domenicali did not know the rule book. Brawn advised his drivers one lap before the restart what they had to do and Schumi aggressively heated up his tyres behind Alonso who was in deep hibernation. He did not even recognize what Schumi was doing there because his team had not given him any warning.

Ferrari pulled off a beautiful tyre strategy and and got Alonso past nine drivers while they were pitting. He passed Button due to Button's blown engine and the six new team cars he passed legitimately on track. And then they effed it up.

My personal opinion is that "severely embarrassing" is justified.

40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

My question is, what is it that you don't understand in the above rule ? Read it a couple times before responding with your nonsense please.
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

ISLAMATRON wrote:..
MX, why is it so wrong for Lewis to speak his mind to his team? And why does it matter if it is public radio or not? Is it not Lewis' life on the line? MX, is Alonso shaking his fist at Di Grassi a sign of "bad attitude"? Just want to know for comparison.
It's wrong because he's constantly publicly complaining to his team. It's like when children talk back to their parents in public, it's downright embarrassing.

And yes, the fist waving by Alonso was not necessary either. He should've spent that energy on just driving around the Virgin car, or whatever car it might have been, new team or not.

And it would've also been wrong if Alonso spoke like that to his engineers. A similar occurrence was a few races ago when he basically told the team to shut up about what was behind him. That's totally uncalled for.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ringo

ISLAMATRON wrote:
It seems that Lewis is the only driver that is not allowed to speak to his in the manner that he wishes... hmm I wonder why that is.

Max, thanks for the clarification, but please get the quotes correct, it was MX claiming a "bad attitude" for Lewis, not Ringo.

Or barichello throwing the steering wheel like it was blue shell in Mario Kart. :lol:
For Sure!!

WhiteBlue

Moanlower wrote:40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

My question is, what is it that you don't understand in the above rule ? Read it a couple times before responding with your nonsense please.
Well in my view it is you who should read it again, my friend.

As a matter of fact the safety car was not deployed at the end of the race. For this to happen the race director must announce it and the flag signals will be kept on yellow. It did not happen that way.

The flags and stewards lights went green and the race was back on from the SC line to the checkered flag. Sorry, but you have to be precise in such matters. And btw. you could work on your manners.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 16 May 2010, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

siskue2005

ringo wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:

Or barichello throwing the steering wheel like it was blue shell in Mario Kart. :lol:
yup it was Bad attitude from Alonso to wave his fist at Di Grassi [-X
What does he achieves by shaking his fist :O , i dont understand
#-o
Last edited by siskue2005 on 16 May 2010, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

ringo

mx_tifosi wrote:
It's wrong because he's constantly publicly complaining to his team. It's like when children talk back to their parents in public, it's downright embarrassing.

And yes, the fist waving by Alonso was not necessary either. He should've spent that energy on just driving around the Virgin car, or whatever car it might have been, new team or not.

And it would've also been wrong if Alonso spoke like that to his engineers. A similar occurrence was a few races ago when he basically told the team to shut up about what was behind him. That's totally uncalled for.
And what about Button, saying it's a shame really, that they did not start him on mediums?
When clearly a safety car means he would have to pit and go with softs for 60+ laps.
trying to make his team look silly and unworthy of his presence.
For Sure!!

WhiteBlue

siskue2005 wrote:yup it was Bad attitude from Alonso to wave his fist at Digrassi [-X
Well, we know that he is a bit strange with his fist waving. He did it throughout his career to the mid fielders and back markers as if he has the royal right of way and they should not be allowed to fight for position.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

toshinden
toshinden

@komninosm
you have your first vote to remove this GP of the calendar

@moanlower
the reg which involve in this situation is not only the 40.13 but also 40.10 which stated that overtaking can be done after the SC line and not the start/finish line. about which one of those reg that apply is still unclear because the steward hasn't put any statement to it, but again, if the 40.13 reg is the one which apply so why the green light which signals that the race is restarted turn on? and it gets more clouds because the 40.13 reg doesn't say much regarding this matter. maybe we should take a look for reg which containing the light signal.
"the day the child realize that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult" - Alden Nowlan

alberto222mx

Hi!

My first message here...
IMO Brawn is absolutely right in his explanation
40.11 article

"When the clerk of the course decides it is safe to call in the safety car the message "SAFETY CAR IN THIS LAP" will be displayed on the timing monitors and the car's orange lights will be extinguished This will be the signal to the teams and drivers that it will be entering the pit lane at the end of that lap.
At this point the first car in line behind the safety car may dictate the pace and, if necessary, fall more than ten car lengths behind it.

In order to avoid the likelihood of accidents before the safety car returns to the pits, from the point at which the lights on the car are turned out drivers must proceed at a pace which involves no erratic acceleration or braking nor any other manoeuvre which is likely to endanger other drivers or impede the restart.
As the safety car is approaching the pit entry the yellow flags and SC boards will be withdrawn and replaced by waved green flags with green lights at the Line. These will be displayed until the last car crosses the Line."

The track was clear, if the race have ended with the SC deployed the lights would stood in yellow....
"Why doesn´t someone tell Pedro it´s raining" - Chris Amon, 1000km Brands Hatch, 1970

toshinden
toshinden

alberto222mx wrote:Hi!

My first message here...
IMO Brawn is absolutely right in his explanation
40.11 article

"When the clerk of the course decides it is safe to call in the safety car the message "SAFETY CAR IN THIS LAP" will be displayed on the timing monitors and the car's orange lights will be extinguished This will be the signal to the teams and drivers that it will be entering the pit lane at the end of that lap.
At this point the first car in line behind the safety car may dictate the pace and, if necessary, fall more than ten car lengths behind it.

In order to avoid the likelihood of accidents before the safety car returns to the pits, from the point at which the lights on the car are turned out drivers must proceed at a pace which involves no erratic acceleration or braking nor any other manoeuvre which is likely to endanger other drivers or impede the restart.
As the safety car is approaching the pit entry the yellow flags and SC boards will be withdrawn and replaced by waved green flags with green lights at the Line. These will be displayed until the last car crosses the Line."

The track was clear, if the race have ended with the SC deployed the lights would stood in yellow....
i think this is the lost piece for today's reg puzzle :D
"the day the child realize that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult" - Alden Nowlan

ISLAMATRON

mx_tifosi wrote:
Lewis is not a child and McLaren are not his parents. If they asked him to go get Massa and then 2 laps later tell him to watch the brakes he has a right to get on the radio and tell them to clarify. If Alonso does not want to hear time differences every secter squawking in his ears while he is driving he has the right to tell the engineer to shut up.

There is nothing wrong with it, You may take is as public complaints but the team is mature enough to understand that the radios are open to the FOM race directors and they choose to put out what they wish.... but the information must still continue to flow in both directions. If you dont like how he talks to them that is your problem not his, you are not the one risking your life. I think it foolish for you to be calling it "bad attitude", especially since it only sems to be Lewis that is hit with this label... seems like many dontlike how "uppity" he is.... How dare he communicate with his team... over the radio of all things... doesnt he know it is better etticate to wave his hands and give hand gestures while driving?

Giblet
Giblet

@komninosm

I have to disagree. The racing is processional usually yes, but from a drivers perspective, this is one of the ultimate races. You are punished severely for tiny mistakes, there is no time to let your guard down, and the differences in the cars are made much smaller, so a good driver can make up for his car sometimes. As a huge F1 fan, I could sit in various in car viewas for almost the whole race, appreciating what these guys are doing on a corner by corner basis. The simple gas and brake telemetry is sight to behold in itself.

It's one of the best races to watch from a pure F1 perspective, but from an actual wheel to wheel racing perspective, I can understand your boredom.

For the sake of record and reality, Monaco is not going to go off the calendar. It's provides the most glitz and glamor to the sport which is one of it's hallmark features.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

zgred

Schumacher penalised for overtaking Alonso
f1.gpupdate.net wrote:FIA race stewards have confirmed that Michael Schumacher has been demoted to 12th place after passing Fernando Alonso on the final lap of the Monaco Grand Prix. Although the German passed after the Safety Car line, rules state that the move was illegal.
Now this will be proper hell 8)