Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Moanlower

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

WhiteBlue wrote:
Moanlower wrote:40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

My question is, what is it that you don't understand in the above rule ? Read it a couple times before responding with your nonsense please.
Well in my view it is you who should read it again, my friend.

As a matter of fact the safety car was not deployed at the end of the race. For this to happen the race director must announce it and the flag signals will be kept on yellow. It did not happen that way.

The flags and stewards lights went green and the race was back on from the SC line to the checkered flag. Sorry, but you have to be precise in such matters. And btw. you could work on your manners.
Eat your heart out. :lol:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83684
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

feynman
feynman

mx_tifosi wrote: It's wrong because he's constantly publicly complaining to his team. It's like when children talk back to their parents in public, it's downright embarrassing.
Regarding that as a transgression is however predicated on some notion of 'respect for the race-engineers'. Well that respect is earned, and can be lost.

It is increasingly clear that Lewis (and Jenson too), have lost confidence in the engineering support they recieve. Stategy mis-steps, rain-radar disasters, incorrect information, answering not the question that was asked, miscalls of basic rulebook readings. (Notwithstanding whatever twisted logic eminates from the stewards room)

Ross Brawn is sitting on the pitwall with a banana making a monkey out of the layers and layers and layers of middle-managers that presently occupy McLaren race engineering.

From Dave Ryan and Jarno in Oz, all the way through to watching Jenson this year 'ignoring' the pit-wall and being handsomely rewarded, it is clear he has lost confidence in what he is being told, he is forced to double-guess everything, that's brand new, he used to treat the pitwall and Uncle Ron as infallible.

His attitude to the information that after half a race on a low-brake-wear circuit, that his brakes were gone, was a clear insight into Lewis's thinking on the matter. He couldn't believe it, and had to (emphatically) question the information.

Phil Prew on the similarly public radio, last year in Germany, "you just do the driving, we'll do strategy", now that represents an inexcusable, and unprofessional slap-down in front of a global TV audience, a parent scolding a child ... but this should be nothing to do with parents and children, it is two adults. Lewis is all grown-up now.

Mission Controls, paralysis analysis, paperwork and procedure, that only counts if you are winning, if the driver is outdriving the engineering, then the engineers need to step-up, need to raise their game ... and while they are at it, if someone gets a chance, d'you fancy take the plugs out the raditors, eh?

feynman
feynman

Moanlower wrote:Eat your heart out. :lol:

That's Mental! :?

WhiteBlue

Moanlower wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
Moanlower wrote:40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

My question is, what is it that you don't understand in the above rule ? Read it a couple times before responding with your nonsense please.
Well in my view it is you who should read it again, my friend.

As a matter of fact the safety car was not deployed at the end of the race. For this to happen the race director must announce it and the flag signals will be kept on yellow. It did not happen that way.

The flags and stewards lights went green and the race was back on from the SC line to the checkered flag. Sorry, but you have to be precise in such matters. And btw. you could work on your manners.
Eat your heart out. :lol:

Well, what do you expect from Hill? Clearly a revenche punishment. I reckon there will be a protest.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

LegendaryM

why do i even bother with f1
MRVC: Tolo Racing

Pup
Pup

Speaking as someone who typically enjoys a bit of schadenfreude whenever Schumi gets the short end, I have to say that a 20 second penalty is way harsh. At the very least, the stewards were unclear on their intentions, and if they meant for the race to have finished under the SC, then the most they should have done is to reverse the positions. First really bad move by the stewards this year, IMO. And it doesn't look good that Hill is involved in the decision.

But don't get me wrong - I'm still enjoying my schadenfreude.

zgred

WhiteBlue wrote:
Well, what do you expect from Hill? Clearly a revenche punishment. I reckon there will be a protest.
This is childish accusation, moreover Hill's role is just advisory one.

autogyro
autogyro

Why is everybody missing the fact that Webber drove an awesome race in an awesome car to win the most important event on the callender?
The bickerings of all these past world champions should be of little importance, they should all get their teams to build cars that work properly.

samstre

1. Damon Hilll is a little baby who was once lucky enough, to drive the fastest car on the field.

2. Some kind of ironic... The are making really weird rules and spend millions to allow overtaking and if someone finally does (at a place where overtaking is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE), he gets punished???

SCREW YA FIA!

(Sorry! That had to be said!)
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 16 May 2010, 21:22, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed extraneous vocabulary.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Schumacher getting a penalty is an absolute joke. They were over the safety car line and Alonso was all over the shop. If Schumacher braked then he would have probably got rear ended, causing another crash. His only option was to go past Alonso. If there was to be a penalty then he should go down one place, not down 20 second. Damon Hill still bitter I wonder? Ruddy joke!!!! :evil:

raymondu999

autogyro wrote:Why is everybody missing the fact that Webber drove an awesome race in an awesome car to win the most important event on the callender?
The bickerings of all these past world champions should be of little importance, they should all get their teams to build cars that work properly.
I'm no Webbo fan myself, but it's a shame isn't it? Brazil last year too. Nobody noticed that he had won the bloody thing.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ecapox

Lets mark this down then, based on the Steward's decision:

NO MATTER WHAT, if the safety car is on during the last lap, EVEN IF THE FLAGS ARE GREEN AND THE SC LIGHTS ARE OUT, rule 40.13 trumps rule 40.7.

Lets not now talk about Damon's revenge. His opinion doesnt trump all the other stewards.

ringo

"if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pitlane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking,"
It's more a matter of clarification.
The saftey car should have went through the start finish to make things simple. I guess that was the confusion.
Other than that i see what shumi did was an honest ambition.

What i understand also from the rules is that the safety car uses the safety car line as a reference to when it's laps are done unlike the cars that use the start finish. So the safety car's final lap ends at the SC line, so the race was finished with SC and not restarted.

However it's funny the green lights came on, so it could be protested.
For Sure!!

WhiteBlue

zgred wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
This is childish accusation, moreover Hill's role is just advisory one.
It isn't. The driver stewards are full steawards. And Schumacher was was expecting Hill to manipulate the result! This will have another round of legal debate. Watch it!
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

feynman
feynman

Spa 08, Monaco 10 ... which one is most ridiculous, only one way to find out, FIGHT!

Look forward to Charlie Yes-Man Whiting, FIA bag-carrier and professional fold-like-a-deck-chair impersonator, giving us the "clarifcation" at the next driver's meeting as if we didn't all see what went down, and who ballsed up.

Whaddya mean, it doesn't matter if the flags were Green, that is the ONLY thing that matters ... are you now saying the flags are a serving suggestion, dangerous game, do red flags still mean what they used to, or has that all changed to?

You throw a green, the race is on. If you didn't mean to throw it, then admit, and apologise for your error, you don't scapegoat someone that got caught in the crossfire of your administrative incompetence.