Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

komninosm wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:The fact remains green flags and lights were waving at the time right?
So why the penalty? Like i said.... BS
That's why I ended my post with the conclusion "Who gets penalised for those?", meaning the erroneous green flags and stuff (either those were mistakes or the stewards' decision is). My other points are meant to investigate which is which.
Fair dinkum, As brawn explained it post race, he said it was a new for 2010 rule.
He also had evidence of the green flags as well as evidence of ALL driver gunning the throttle out that corner.
My question is on what basis can the FIA vindicate their decision when its obvious that Schumacher raced and did what he had to do under the given flags!
My anger here is with the FIA and Ferrari.
More could have been done.
David Purley

donskar
donskar

Webber -- great drive. I once thought he was merely a good driver, but not WDC material. I was VERY wrong.

Vettel -- this could be a key race for him. He must now dig deep and find more speed -- or become, psychologically, a number 2. What Webber has done could crush some egoes.

Kubica -- I hope the rumors about a contract with Ferrari are true. Great potential

Massa -- a very fine drive, under frequent pressure from "The Loss."

Hamilton -- possibly a key race for him. "The Loss" drove an uninspired race, and was rightfully criticized by the Speed TV guys for his constant public bitching. He is a great driver, but may be seriously flawed.

Alonso -- he creates such strong reactions -- pro and con that some may overlook his awesome performance. A great drive.

Schu -- Schu is Schu. All out always. A law unto himself, but no longer.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

komninosm
komninosm

Ray wrote:Schumacher is a damn cheat. If it was okay to overtake after the SC came in, why was he the only one that did it? Answer, he's a dirty goddamn cheat that cannot win in a straight fight. Full stop. Nothing anyone says will change that. He knows damn well why the safety car gets out of the way on the last lap, it says in the rules why the safety car goes in and what should happen afterwards. You people are so goddamn biased and the intelligence around here is dropping. I can see why Manchild left, you people are children. None of you have a shred of common sense, and none of you can make an objective observation.
40.13 is pretty clear, but the point is that in previous races they waved yellow flags to the end, but here they waved green. It was probably miscommunication, but maybe not just that. It's like how your post communicates that you are also responsible for the drop in intelligence here perhaps. Though I agree that Schumacher has been a cheat since long ago as is well known.

Predator

Ray wrote:Schumacher is a damn cheat. If it was okay to overtake after the SC came in, why was he the only one that did it? Answer, he's a dirty goddamn cheat that cannot win in a straight fight. Full stop. Nothing anyone says will change that. He knows damn well why the safety car gets out of the way on the last lap, it says in the rules why the safety car goes in and what should happen afterwards. You people are so goddamn biased and the intelligence around here is dropping. I can see why Manchild left, you people are children. None of you have a shred of common sense, and none of you can make an objective observation.
So you're the big man calling all of us that disagree with your opinion ''children.''

Alonso fell asleep. Rosberg tried to pass him as well. Just because it was Schumacher does not make him a cheater.

spinmastermic

zenithbeach wrote:
spinmastermic wrote:
Calm down. Vettel was told to stop by his team in Spain and he didnt. Is that professional in your mind? The two of them are passionate racers and I'm not going to critisize them for speaking their minds. A driver that doesnt question his team is useless (or asked to crash). "Spoiled little brat" is a bit harsh. He, like the rest of them want to win.
fair point! :) they all do. some handle directions better than others though.
the spoilt little brat.. i was referring to his nasty comments about his team and the "shitty" car the other season. that really felt like he was a little kid angry with his parents for buying him a fiat when he wanted a mercedes ;) that, of course, is just my perception. i do admit though that hes learnt to be more diplomatic over the past year.

so i was a bit disappointed to see that he went a back to his old ways, is all. hes obviously a very talented driver! i just wish he had a more likeable personality :D
Last year was a crap situation. Just won the championship and the 24 was a dog. If he had've pretended everything was alright to the media that would have been worrying. He wants to win more than anything and that gets you into trouble. MS being my case in point and leading by example today. I suppose it might come across as childish but he'll still be doing in ten years.

All in all though, the amount wheel and brake failures is a bit worrying. Maybe he was remembering hitting the barriers last week?

Congrats to webber and everyone that managed to finish

JohnsonsEvilTwin

komninosm wrote:
40.13 is pretty clear, but the point is that in previous races they waved yellow flags to the end, but here they waved green. It was probably miscommunication, but maybe not just that. It's like how your post communicates that you are also responsible for the drop in intelligence here perhaps. Though I agree that Schumacher has been a cheat since long ago as is well known.
Schumacher cheating has nothing to do with the "price of eggs".
Most drivers have cheated at some stage, be it directly or indirectly.

The point is why should Schumacher and Mercedes carry the can for somthing that is in essence, the fault of the stewards.(green flags).
Schumacher is of course innocent, there is no justifying a penalty form the same people who are responsible...
David Purley

zenithbeach

can somebody please tell me why massa wasnt investigated for crossing that yellow line when he left the pit? i thought that wasnt allowed?

komninosm
komninosm

donskar wrote: Massa -- a very fine drive, under frequent pressure from "The Loss."

Hamilton -- possibly a key race for him. "The Loss" drove an uninspired race, and was rightfully criticized by the Speed TV guys for his constant public bitching. He is a great driver, but may be seriously flawed.
Calling Hamilton "The Loss" is pure trolling. Makes you look stupid. Also how can Hamilton have driven an uninspired race when he frequently pressured Massa, who had a faster car for Monaco circuit? Also Ham had a few car problems too (brakes). And let's not forget it's Monaco. EVERYONE'S race can be called uninspired.
Well except maybe Alonso's, but his strategy was nothing brilliant. A lot of people in this thread (including myself) suggested a pit stop very early for Alonso.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

zenithbeach wrote:can somebody please tell me why massa wasnt investigated for crossing that yellow line when he left the pit? i thought that wasnt allowed?
If the car is red, has a cavalino rampante, then anything is possible.
David Purley

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

zenithbeach wrote:can somebody please tell me why massa wasnt investigated for crossing that yellow line when he left the pit? i thought that wasnt allowed?
Sorry, no idea. My earlier post mentions that. I think one of the Torro Rossos (or was it an HRT??) did the same.

Time for some digging methinks! :mrgreen:

zenithbeach

andrew wrote:
Sorry, no idea. My earlier post mentions that. I think one of the Torro Rossos (or was it an HRT??) did the same.

i think it was buemi :D

andrew
andrew

komninosm wrote:
donskar wrote: Massa -- a very fine drive, under frequent pressure from "The Loss."

Calling Hamilton "The Loss" is pure trolling. Makes you look stupid. Also how can Hamilton have driven an uninspired race when he frequently pressured Massa, who had a faster car for Monaco circuit? Also Ham had a few car problems too (brakes). And let's not forget it's Monaco. EVERYONE'S race can be called uninspired.
Well except maybe Alonso's, but his strategy was nothing brilliant. A lot of people in this thread (including myself) suggested a pit stop very early for Alonso.
Wouldn't say that he pressured Massa. There was for the most part a decent gap so very little pressure. In fact Massa was posting faster lap timess

Does anyone know what the reason for hamiltons brake problems? Was it his driving or was it a mechanical problem?

Ray

zenithbeach wrote:
Ray wrote:Schumacher is a damn cheat. If it was okay to overtake after the SC came in, why was he the only one that did it? Answer, he's a dirty goddamn cheat that cannot win in a straight fight. Full stop. Nothing anyone says will change that. He knows damn well why the safety car gets out of the way on the last lap, it says in the rules why the safety car goes in and what should happen afterwards. You people are so goddamn biased and the intelligence around here is dropping. I can see why Manchild left, you people are children.
he was told by HIS TEAM that he should go for it and try to overtake! his team is clearly a cheat. damn.. no wait! everyones a cheat!

schumi himself admitted in an interview later that he doesnt have ALL the rules saved up in his head, only the big ones.. like when it says safety car in and green flags/lights it means GO!
None of you have a shred of common sense, and none of you can make an objective observation.
judging from the hatred in your message, neither can you lol.

He's been a cheat his entire career, you cannot deny that with the enormous amount of evidence against him. He's never played fair, and he's not in his current team. That makes you a 7 time champ, but makes you a really shitty person. He and his team knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they had that conversation, they were trying to gain a spot they very clearly could not under normal conditions. Ross Brawn is just as guilty as Michael, but Michael is in control of the machine. Anything he does and says should not be trusted in any way, shape, or form. He's consitently shown he can't and won't tell the truth. If you believe a single word that comes out of Michaels mouth, regardless the topic, I feel very sorry for you. But as the saying goes 'there's a sucker born every minute.'

I don't spew hate, you can foolishly call it what you like. I call it the truth. I don't know how long you've been lurking, and I'm not an engineer like a lot of folks around here, but the bias and stupidity around here has increased in the general chat. I lurk on the technical threads to learn about aspects of F1 I don't know about, but I don't open my mouth in there to clog up useful discussion.

There are many around here that have their lips so firmly wrapped around a few drivers nuts they can't make an objective observation. I admit I've made some mistakes, but with the rampant name-calling and general hate around here for those with a difference of opinion of a few key people it's pointless to try and correct your mistake because they'll never shut their fat mouths about anything. Some blatantly fly in the face of actual truth it's amusing.

andrew
andrew

zenithbeach wrote:
andrew wrote:

i think it was buemi :D
Thanks! :mrgreen:

komninosm
komninosm

Yeah, I'd like to know too.

Also I'd like answers to the following: :mrgreen:
Some people suggested giving a place back instead of a drive through penalty. Is there a rule for that kind of penalty? There's been many cases in the past that a drive through seemed too harsh for, but there doesn't seem to be an alternative in the rules. Is there?
Was the track really clear at the final lap? They seemed to have trouble removing the second crashed car up to the second to last lap and what about clearing the debris? The green flags were a mistake then probably.
One final thing. Was Schumacher allowed to close up to Alonso so much before the SC line? I vaguely recall rules about keeping a distance to the car in front of you. When Schumacher crossed the white line, his front wing was at Alonso's wheel level. But then again that is not the justification the Stewards gave. They didn't say he started his passing manoeuvre too early. They said passing was not allowed at all (40.13). Then the green flags were a mistake too, right? Who gets penalised for those?
:oops:
Last edited by komninosm on 16 May 2010, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.