Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

Ok perhaps the cheating thing can be for another thread?
More could have been done.
David Purley

Ray

Predator wrote:
Ray wrote:Schumacher is a damn cheat. If it was okay to overtake after the SC came in, why was he the only one that did it? Answer, he's a dirty goddamn cheat that cannot win in a straight fight. Full stop. Nothing anyone says will change that. He knows damn well why the safety car gets out of the way on the last lap, it says in the rules why the safety car goes in and what should happen afterwards. You people are so goddamn biased and the intelligence around here is dropping. I can see why Manchild left, you people are children. None of you have a shred of common sense, and none of you can make an objective observation.
So you're the big man calling all of us that disagree with your opinion ''children.''

Alonso fell asleep. Rosberg tried to pass him as well. Just because it was Schumacher does not make him a cheater.
Contrary to his history, no it doesn't make him a cheater. But given how the world, and he himself, knows what he does, he IS a cheater. He knew, Ross Brawn knew, a Nico knew exactly what was going on and since they couldn't pass Alonso fair and square they tried to exploit a situation no one else did and look what happened. Michael will always be a cheater, that isn't my opinion, that's a stone cold fact.

And yeah, most are children around here. You seem to be new around here so you must not have met most of the childish people around here. You'll learn.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

komninosm wrote:
zenithbeach wrote:can somebody please tell me why massa wasnt investigated for crossing that yellow line when he left the pit? i thought that wasnt allowed?
Yeah, I'd like to know too.

Also I'd like answers to the following: :mrgreen:
Some people suggested giving a place back instead of a drive through penalty. Is there a rule for that kind of penalty? There's been many cases in the past that a drive through seemed too harsh for, but there doesn't seem to be an alternative in the rules. Is there?
Was the track really clear at the final lap? They seemed to have trouble removing the second crashed car up to the second to last lap and what about clearing the debris? The green flags were a mistake then probably.
One final thing. Was Schumacher allowed to close up to Alonso so much before the SC line? I vaguely recall rules about keeping a distance to the car in front of you. When Schumacher crossed the white line, his front wing was at Alonso's wheel level. But then again that is not the justification the Stewards gave. They didn't say he started his passing manoeuvre too early. They said passing was not allowed at all (40.13). Then the green flags were a mistake too, right? Who gets penalised for those?
:oops:
As far as im aware the distance was perfectly legal.
Schumachers front axle was behind Alonso's rear axle= okay by the rules
David Purley

andartop
andartop

zenithbeach wrote:can somebody please tell me why massa wasnt investigated for crossing that yellow line when he left the pit? i thought that wasnt allowed?
:lol:

Because in 2010 it seems drivers are allowed to go wild to their hearts' content on their way into the pits, while at the pit lane, and on the way out!

Being so concerned about Massa touching that yellow line, which did not have any effect whatsoever to anyone's race, and not discussing at all Rubens' behaviour (see my earlier post) seems a bit worrying to me...
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Can we please leave the Schumacher cheating for another thread?
It has no relevance here as Schumacher did not cheat in this race...
David Purley

zenithbeach

andrew wrote:
zenithbeach wrote:

i think it was buemi :D
Thanks! :mrgreen:
lol

it was really weird cos at first the guys on tv were like "hes gonna get a penalty for that, he clearly crossed that line".. and then 20min later they never even mentioned it, not even after the race in the analysis, nothing!! and now both drivers get points without having been penalised tssss

i used to really like f1 but its starting to make me rather angry to put it nicely lol

komninosm
komninosm

andrew wrote:
komninosm wrote:
donskar wrote: Massa -- a very fine drive, under frequent pressure from "The Loss."

Hamilton -- possibly a key race for him. "The Loss" drove an uninspired race, and was rightfully criticized by the Speed TV guys for his constant public bitching. He is a great driver, but may be seriously flawed.
Calling Hamilton "The Loss" is pure trolling. Makes you look stupid. Also how can Hamilton have driven an uninspired race when he frequently pressured Massa, who had a faster car for Monaco circuit? Also Ham had a few car problems too (brakes). And let's not forget it's Monaco. EVERYONE'S race can be called uninspired.
Well except maybe Alonso's, but his strategy was nothing brilliant. A lot of people in this thread (including myself) suggested a pit stop very early for Alonso.
Wouldn't say that he pressured Massa. There was for the most part a decent gap so very little pressure. In fact Massa was posting faster lap timess

Does anyone know what the reason for hamiltons brake problems? Was it his driving or was it a mechanical problem?
I agree that Massa didn't get much pressure, but I merely copied the other poster's words to use against him. He used this pressure to claim Massa had a fine drive. His comments seemed biased and contradictory to me. Ham's race was just as inspired as Massa's. Probably more, cause of problems and an earlier pitstop to stave off Alonso and then to keep the Brawns behind too after their pits.

Hamilton's problems could have been cause by not having a big enough air intake on the breaks (that's adjustable, right?), but that's just a guess. It could also have been defective components, pushing too hard, no clear air ahead, etc. See Button's race for reference :lol:

ISLAMATRON

Chandhok also revealed that he dragged Barrichello's errant steering wheel all the way down to the tunnel section of the track.

"It got lodged underneath the car, so I could feel it scraping all the way through Mirabeau. Then the noise stopped and one of the marshals reported back that it fell out of my car in the tunnel. But then Bruno ran over it – so that steering wheel has been well and truly Hispania'd!"
WOW, the stewards should definatly have been talking BOUT THIS RATHER than the silly mix up at the end.

Ray

I think the green flags being waved might have been down to a mistake by the corner marshals. Maybe they thought that since the SC was going in and they did such a great job cleaning up that accident that it was on again. That's my thoughts, they got excited and forgot just how many laps were left.

komninosm
komninosm

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:As far as im aware the distance was perfectly legal.
Schumachers front axle was behind Alonso's rear axle= okay by the rules
Are you sure? I vaguely recall the rule being that behind SC you have to leave some room to the car in front, and technically that rule is still on until the race starts again and the race starts after you pass the white SC line.

ringo

Ray wrote:Schumacher is a damn cheat. If it was okay to overtake after the SC came in, why was he the only one that did it? Answer, he's a dirty goddamn cheat that cannot win in a straight fight. Full stop. Nothing anyone says will change that. He knows damn well why the safety car gets out of the way on the last lap, it says in the rules why the safety car goes in and what should happen afterwards. You people are so goddamn biased and the intelligence around here is dropping. I can see why Manchild left, you people are children. None of you have a shred of common sense, and none of you can make an objective observation.
Haha, yep that's what happens when their driver is involved. A couple races gone, you would think the penalty pushers wouldn't bat an eye at the 20s penalty.

As a bystander i can say shumi may have been wrong for driving beside Alonso before he reached the line, he should be a certain distance behind; no part of his car should be beside Alonso behind the SC or the line. If he had made an attempt to pass from behind and the lights were green, then maybe i would just set him back one space. Rules are rules, though harsh they may be.
It's not shumi's fault for being ignorant to the vague rules, it's his team's fault for not telling him like ferrari did Alonso.
Also if you look on it another way, maybe shumi is not a cheater, maybe it was brawn calling the shots all these years.

Regarding rulings, they are best for the fans when it favours their driver. I don't see why you are surprised. :wink:
For Sure!!

zenithbeach

andartop wrote: :lol:

Because in 2010 it seems drivers are allowed to go wild to their hearts' content on their way into the pits, while at the pit lane, and on the way out!

Being so concerned about Massa touching that yellow line, which did not have any effect whatsoever to anyone's race, and not discussing at all Rubens' behaviour (see my earlier post) seems a bit worrying to me...

i think people did comment on rubens. thing about rubens is that its totally clear what a douche he was today. and that, as a result, hes gonna have to pay some pocket money or whatever.

as for massa, its a rule thing which has not been acknowledged by either the stewarts nor the media, at least it wasnt mentioned in any of the articles ive read. hence the confusion. and if its no big deal why does that rule exist?

Ray

Rubens needs a hefty penalty for what he did. That was a very stupid move, had he thrown the wheel over the fence it would have been less dangerous. But to throw it on the racing lane, or anywhere on the track, deserves a hefty penalty. Like sitting out a race or two.

andartop wrote:

Yeah didnt rosberg get a completely unreasonable penealty in singapore in 2008 for crossing the line on pit exit? Very inconsistant indeed

komninosm
komninosm

andartop wrote:

Is Rubens not under investigation at all? :o :shock: