Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

Ray wrote:I think the green flags being waved might have been down to a mistake by the corner marshals. Maybe they thought that since the SC was going in and they did such a great job cleaning up that accident that it was on again. That's my thoughts, they got excited and forgot just how many laps were left.
This is what i think too, However there is one issue. These marshalls are in direct communication with the stewards.
So if you are going to pass the buck its the stewards who didnt get the message through clearly enough.
And what is most REDONKULOUS about the whole thing is that Schumacher who is the victim of this communication, must suffer further with a 20 second penalty.

It really is beggars belief.
More could have been done.
David Purley

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Yeah, the Barrichello hissy fit deserves a lot of attention from the authorities. Hopefully he gets punished severely as that sort of action should not be tolerated whatsoever. I would drop the law on him like a ton of bricks.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

komninosm wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:As far as im aware the distance was perfectly legal.
Schumachers front axle was behind Alonso's rear axle= okay by the rules
Are you sure? I vaguely recall the rule being that behind SC you have to leave some room to the car in front, and technically that rule is still on until the race starts again and the race starts after you pass the white SC line.
Im going by memory from the Spa saga between kimi and Hamilton. Axles were mentioned, not tails or nose.
Not 100% sure but will check shortly
Last edited by JohnsonsEvilTwin on 16 May 2010, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
David Purley

zenithbeach

Ray wrote:Rubens needs a hefty penalty for what he did. That was a very stupid move, had he thrown the wheel over the fence it would have been less dangerous. But to throw it on the racing lane, or anywhere on the track, deserves a hefty penalty. Like sitting out a race or two.
or anger management.. ah no, your option is probably gonna show more results lol

Ray

ringo wrote:It's not shumi's fault for being ignorant to the vague rules, it's his team's fault for not telling him like ferrari did Alonso.
Also if you look on it another way, maybe shumi is not a cheater, maybe it was brawn calling the shots all these years.
C'mon Ringo, you really think that Michael didn't know the rule? :wink: You don't get to be a 7 time World Champion and win 91 races without knowing exactly what the rules are and what to exploit and lie about later. He's done enough of it in his career to see that he knows exactly what he's doing on track, and what needs to be done. You're obviously smarter than that! :lol:

Ray

zenithbeach wrote:
Ray wrote:Rubens needs a hefty penalty for what he did. That was a very stupid move, had he thrown the wheel over the fence it would have been less dangerous. But to throw it on the racing lane, or anywhere on the track, deserves a hefty penalty. Like sitting out a race or two.
or anger management.. ah no, your option is probably gonna show more results lol
Nope, drop the hammer on him hard. Send a message to every driver that this will not be tolerated in any way. Feel good psychology bullshit will accomplish exactly nothing. Severe punishment is the only answer, otherwise you set a precedent that can't be overturned.
Last edited by Ray on 16 May 2010, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

komninosm
komninosm

Ray wrote:I think the green flags being waved might have been down to a mistake by the corner marshals. Maybe they thought that since the SC was going in and they did such a great job cleaning up that accident that it was on again. That's my thoughts, they got excited and forgot just how many laps were left.
Do you happen to know what was the communication to the teams for the last restart? I mean did race-control tell them anything in particular? Like "SC in this lap" or "race finishing behind SC, no overtaking" or whatever. I'm just asking.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Here you go!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLEUdCHUous[/youtube]
David Purley

andartop
andartop

Based on the rulings of the previous races this year, Massa should receive a reprimand and nothing else. It did not affect anyone's race in this particular case, and it was really marginal.

Rubens was inexcusable, especially after what happened last year in Hungary, which of course was an accident. Deliberately throwing anything on the racing line is so stupid and dangerous that I would go as far as to say he should be banned for 5 races. This was far more important than anyone crossing any pit exit line, anyone overtaking under SC or anyone racing in the pit lane. After Massa's freak accident in Hungary and Alonso being penalised last year for having a loose wheel, and the whole Renault crashgate scandal (which, in theory, concerned the FIA so much partly due to driver safety reasons), just letting this go or even a fine sound ridiculous. For once, I totally agree with ISLAMATRON.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Ray

komninosm wrote:
Do you happen to know what was the communication to the teams for the last restart? I mean did race-control tell them anything in particular? Like "SC in this lap" or "race finishing behind SC, no overtaking" or whatever. I'm just asking.
No I don't know for sure. The display from race control said it was coming in and every flag up until the very second the SC pulled in were yellow and the SC boards were out. I can see a very valid argument from his point of view, but he has a very bad history of cheating and then lying about intent till his face is blue. He could be right, but rules state that no racing with the safety car deployed, and it wasn't at the very end, but is it not strange that he and Ross Brawn are behind this? Is it not strange that every other car besides the MGP cars maintained position? Is it not strange that he was the only one to pounce and every other driver didn't?

ringo

The difference between rosberg and Massa is that the stewards decide if the pit exit is too dangerous to cross the line. I think we discussed this in the china thread.
Monaco's pit exit is fairly straight coming out. Massa moving over the line does nothing to give him an advantage going into turn1.
Singapore's pit exit is a curve, a blind one, which is kinda dangerous.
Massa crossing the line is a simple issue, easily cleared up in the regulations.
For Sure!!

Giblet
Giblet

Rosberg outscores his team mate yet again.

*ducks*

:mrgreen:
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Predator

Ray wrote:
Contrary to his history, no it doesn't make him a cheater. But given how the world, and he himself, knows what he does, he IS a cheater. He knew, Ross Brawn knew, a Nico knew exactly what was going on and since they couldn't pass Alonso fair and square they tried to exploit a situation no one else did and look what happened. Michael will always be a cheater, that isn't my opinion, that's a stone cold fact.

And yeah, most are children around here. You seem to be new around here so you must not have met most of the childish people around here. You'll learn.

Me being new has nothing to do with it. I've been lurking for a VERY long time and until recently never had the time to post - busy life etc.

Him branded as a cheat is definitely your opinion and not fact. We all have our opinions and can speculate all we want. I'm not looking for arguments here. Things happen. No one is perfect.

I met Schumacher at Silverstone in the early 00s and he is a very decent guy. His racing technique might say otherwise but that's the racer in him. I think he's a great role model and fantastic for the sport. The point everyone is making, is that there were green flags and lights coming out of Rascasse and going into Anthony Noghes. If green = racing conditions, then obviously you go for it, as did all the other drivers. With the ruling, the FIA are trying to make out as if the flags can mean various things when it was their fault and Schumacher has been made the scapegoat. A dislike for someone can cloud your judgment... Do you agree that waved greens (and lights) meant Michael was within his rights to go for the position?

If you think people are childish on here, why not leave or ignore them? It's kinda like watching a TV show you don't like and then criticizing it.

WhiteBlue

andartop wrote:
I can't believe people have been downplaying Alonso's performance from the back of the grid to 6th (or 7th), especially people who would proclaim other drivers gods last year for struggling to end up in 13th place or so on tracks where overtaking is actually possible (Turkey anyone?)..

Yes, when you start from the back of the grid with a faster car it is only natural that you should be able to overtake the backmarkers, however, I remember a certain British 2-time winner in Monaco being stuck for 40 laps or so behind an Arrows in the same streets, waving hands and feet up in the air and being unable to do anything like what Alonso did today..
The six cars that Alonso managed to pass were so dead slow that people argued all season they should not even be on the grid. What is heroic about that? Nothing really. He took them all at the harbor chicane where you have to be dumb not to pass a car that is 4 s a lap slower.

He compounded the shame by making silly hand gestures at a poor competitor who fairly defended his race position.

Don't forget he should not even be at the end of the grid! He only go there because he stuffed his car into the armco like a rookie on Chandhok's or Kobayashi's level.

The other ten cars he passed were in the pits when he passed them because they had been stuck behind cars that were much slower than Alonso's Ferrari.

Finally he managed to get passed on the exit of Rascasse of all places which nobody else in the race "achieved" in four safety car periods. I cannot say that Alonso did anything this race weekend that merited a positive word. Quite contrary he should excuse to Di Grassi for rude the gesture and his lame comments after the race.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Ray

Predator wrote: Him branded as a cheat is definitely your opinion and not fact. We all have our opinions and can speculate all we want. I'm not looking for arguments here. Things happen. No one is perfect.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's rich.