Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Predator

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

Ray wrote:
No I don't know for sure. The display from race control said it was coming in and every flag up until the very second the SC pulled in were yellow and the SC boards were out. I can see a very valid argument from his point of view, but he has a very bad history of cheating and then lying about intent till his face is blue. He could be right, but rules state that no racing with the safety car deployed, and it wasn't at the very end, but is it not strange that he and Ross Brawn are behind this? Is it not strange that every other car besides the MGP cars maintained position? Is it not strange that he was the only one to pounce and every other driver didn't?
Like I said, Alonso was a asleep and lit-up his tyres and drifting around Anthony Noghes. Schumacher was the only one who had the presence of mind to actually go for it, same with Rosberg. If the correct flags had been waved, no doubt everyone would've cruised to the line and it would have been a formation finish. It is not Schumacher at fault, it is race control.

WhiteBlue

andartop wrote:Based on the rulings of the previous races this year, Massa should receive a reprimand and nothing else. It did not affect anyone's race in this particular case, and it was really marginal.

Rubens was inexcusable, especially after what happened last year in Hungary, which of course was an accident. Deliberately throwing anything on the racing line is so stupid and dangerous that I would go as far as to say he should be banned for 5 races. This was far more important than anyone crossing any pit exit line, anyone overtaking under SC or anyone racing in the pit lane. After Massa's freak accident in Hungary and Alonso being penalised last year for having a loose wheel, and the whole Renault crashgate scandal (which, in theory, concerned the FIA so much partly due to driver safety reasons), just letting this go or even a fine sound ridiculous. For once, I totally agree with ISLAMATRON.

+1

Obviously brain fade of unprecedented dimension. I cannot remember that I have seen anything like that in decades of F1 races. Deliberately throwing a substantial object on the racing line is close to criminal. I can only think that the red mist took over in his brain and he acted like a complete moron. I know that Rubens is a very emotional guy but there are limits to what a grown up can allow himself to do. This was way over the line. The fact that Hill and co did not penalize it makes them even more ridiculous than they are with the Rascasse II verdict.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 16 May 2010, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Predator

Ray wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's rich.
I am rich. :mrgreen:

Ray

WhiteBlue wrote:
The other ten cars he passed were in the pits when he passed them because they had been stuck behind cars that were much slower than Alonso's Ferrari.

So they got stuck behind slower cars and he passed them, did he not get stuck behind slower cars himself? Does that not mean that the cars he got stuck behind were slow since he passed other cars that were stuck behind the very same slow cars? :?

zenithbeach

is there a video of alonso's hand gesture?

Ray

Predator wrote:
Ray wrote:
No I don't know for sure. The display from race control said it was coming in and every flag up until the very second the SC pulled in were yellow and the SC boards were out. I can see a very valid argument from his point of view, but he has a very bad history of cheating and then lying about intent till his face is blue. He could be right, but rules state that no racing with the safety car deployed, and it wasn't at the very end, but is it not strange that he and Ross Brawn are behind this? Is it not strange that every other car besides the MGP cars maintained position? Is it not strange that he was the only one to pounce and every other driver didn't?
Like I said, Alonso was a asleep and lit-up his tyres and drifting around Anthony Noghes. Schumacher was the only one who had the presence of mind to actually go for it, same with Rosberg. If the correct flags had been waved, no doubt everyone would've cruised to the line and it would have been a formation finish. It is not Schumacher at fault, it is race control.
Except pretty much everyone did, besides MGP. They all took off, but maintained position and not a single one made an overtaking move on another car. The only guys that made a move are habitual liars and cheats.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

KEEP THIS ONTOPIC PLEASE GUYS
Here is Brawns argument post race with evidence
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLEUdCHUous[/youtube]
More could have been done.
David Purley

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Ray wrote:
Predator wrote:
Ray wrote:
Except pretty much everyone did, besides MGP. They all took off, but maintained position and not a single one made an overtaking move on another car. The only guys that made a move are habitual liars and cheats.
Ray the only reason the overtake was possible was because Alonso lit up his rear tyres. No one else had done this hence why no other overtakes.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Ray wrote:
Predator wrote:
Ray wrote:
Je was the only one that made the move caude alonso was the only one who screwed up by having so much wheelspin and allowed him to do so.

Moanlower

When i'm arriving at a crossroad with traffic lights on green and a policeman in the middle of the road guiding the traffic and tells me to stop I have to stop even though it shows green. Some rules are simply inferior to others.
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

Furthermore, about the safety car regulation which says that the cars must finish in order, that rule was made in a time when the race didnt restart until they crossed the start/finish line. With the new rule about the race starting at the safety car line that rule is obslete in my view. As with any regulations it is the NEW regulaations that take presedence over any old ones.

Predator

Ray wrote:

I refer back to one of my previous posts... What if Webber had crashed / spun or had a moment going into the last corner? Would all the other competitors park up behind him to avoid penalties? They were all racing to the line, not cruising as you would under SC conditions. Every other driver was still awake apart from Alonso, which allowed Schumacher to pounce. If passing someone in F1 under green flags is cheating, then perhaps F1 should be killed off. It's clear you really dislike Schumacher so you will not agree with anyone unless they also criticize him.

Anyway, I'm off to get some dinner. :)

Moanlower wrote:When i'm arriving at a crossroad with traffic lights on green and a policeman in the middle of the road guiding the traffic and tells me to stop I have to stop even though it shows green. Some rules are simply inferior to others.
yeah but in this case it was a matter of obey the obscure rule that hardly anyone had heard of before over what the marshalls are telling you to do.

So really here what theyre doing is ignoring the policeman and going by the lights (rules)

ISLAMATRON

Who presses the button so the lights change from yellow to green? Is that Charlie Whiting? Or is that controlled at each individual corner station?

zenithbeach

Moanlower wrote:When i'm arriving at a crossroad with traffic lights on green and a policeman in the middle of the road guiding the traffic and tells me to stop I have to stop even though it shows green. Some rules are simply inferior to others.
except in this case all "policemen" were holding green flags after the police chief with the yellow flag headed for the pit