Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Skunk0001
Skunk0001

Re: Ferrari F10

Ferrari.com wrote:The F10’s development programme continues apace: Turkey should see the debut of an evolution of the software controlling the blown rear wing and other important advances will be introduced by the end of June
Source: http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/For ... brief.aspx

This was mentioned by James Allen in his blog, questioning "Is this Ferrari being provocative?" and he said he would look into what it, so hopefully it'll be clear soon.
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com

Maybe they mean the soft pad on the back of the gloves the drivers wear...

timbo
timbo

You know...
Drivers are kinda softy)))
We'd see new evolution of Alonso and Massa, with claws on their right arm :D .

siskue2005

wouldnt it be illegal to electronically control the blow wing?
The all legal part of it was the driver control without it without any device or a switch in the wheel?
Last edited by siskue2005 on 18 May 2010, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

adam2007
adam2007

said alonso chassis is shaged and needs new 1 how many can they use in a year or as many as team wants?

siskue2005

adam2007 wrote:said alonso chassis is shaged and needs new 1 how many can they use in a year or as many as team wants?
yes, as many as they want

raymondu999

Nando's dirty sister? :twisted:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

hybridreload
hybridreload

the statement on ferrari.com has now been reworded.

"The F10’s development programme continues apace: Turkey should see the debut of an evolution of the management system of the blown rear wing and other important advances will be introduced by the end of June."

Still if i were the FIA i would want a complete breakdown of that system in the same way mclaren had theirs scrutinized.

Afterburner

hybridreload wrote:the statement on ferrari.com has now been reworded.

"The F10’s development programme continues apace: Turkey should see the debut of an evolution of the management system of the blown rear wing and other important advances will be introduced by the end of June."

Still if i were the FIA i would want a complete breakdown of that system in the same way mclaren had theirs scrutinized.
Why would FIA want that? Is it because beeing ferrari f-duct?

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Afterburner wrote:
hybridreload wrote:the statement on ferrari.com has now been reworded.

Why would FIA want that? Is it because beeing ferrari f-duct?
They surely have to check that there are no moving parts, if its software controlled something has to move to manipulate the flow, the FIA & FOTA will want the device scrutinized to make sure it doesnt breach any rulings, not because its Ferrari.

timbo
timbo

It's very easy to check in Ferrari case.
Almost all ducting is in removable engine cover.

Skunk0001
Skunk0001

James Allen wrote:I got onto them today and it is a case of bad translation. In Italian the wording is “sistema di gestione”, which really means “system for managing” or management system, to give it its posh title.
Source: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/05/m ... y-ferrari/

Belatti
Belatti

Whats this mirror hole for?

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

SoliRossi
SoliRossi

I believe its a rearward facing camera. Kind of like the ones that were used with Schumi and Kimmi at Ferrari when the mirrors were out wide. I think there has been similar footage of Lewis, but that may have come from directly in front of him and not the rear view mirror.

Belatti
Belatti

Both Ferraris have it, but not the other cars.
I havent seen any shot from there if that is a camera.

And I dont know if that is an aero relevant place to place a camera.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

megz

A shot from the F2007 but the principle is the same