Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PNSD
PNSD

Re: Ferrari F10

Looks neat ... Very clever of Ferrari though, I have no doubts it was only a lap or two, but if they had a car available for use with the new package fitted, why the hell not use it ;-)!

Well done Ferrari.

autogyro
autogyro

The answer to your question PNSD is because there is a testing ban and it looks like Ferrari is again trying to gain an unfair advantage to the other teams.

PNSD
PNSD

I doubt they would have driven for than 5 laps at most, it would not have been at full speed either.

I just applaud the team for using the Valencia spec car rather than an older car.

If it were an older car, would be people still find fault at this?

Mercedes ran a "shakedown" at Rockingham (GB) with their updated car, I cant remember any issues with that?

Afterburner

autogyro wrote:The answer to your question PNSD is because there is a testing ban and it looks like Ferrari is again trying to gain an unfair advantage to the other teams.
15km advantage, yeah right! In some free practices they have bigger differences than that, are they cheating?
Last edited by Afterburner on 19 Jun 2010, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

Gilles 27

I feel, that in this sport, it is a shame that the teams can't test anymore, and must use some excuses to make a little shakedown of new components.

Anyway, it's good to see again a Monoposto driving in Fiorano. I missed that.
J.Todt must be introducing again legal test days for the teams and pilots and use theres Hometrack.

The F10 looks to have a very clean Carshape now, with the Exaust down like the RB6.
I hope that this modification, launch the Ferrari to a winning catch for the Title.

siskue2005

autogyro wrote:The answer to your question PNSD is because there is a testing ban and it looks like Ferrari is again trying to gain an unfair advantage to the other teams.
oh common! :wtf:
This is LEGALLY allowed and any team can do this
moreover it maybe only 15 km that too at restricted speed

TheRMVR

That's just a pathetic comment.

Gilles 27

@TheRMVR

RIGHT =D> that was a pathetic comment.
Last years Renault and McLaren did make exactly the same thing, nobody's screams "they cheating!"

I think some people, are scared, how fast Ferrari has worked to have new step of the F10! I can't see another reason 8)

ringo

Where are you all seeing the exhaust openings?
For Sure!!

Gilles 27

ringo wrote:Where are you all seeing the exhaust openings?
Just look at page 90

or here

http://f1around.files.wordpress.com/201 ... o-f103.jpg

timbo
timbo

I wonder what they gonna do with cooling

Gilles 27

timbo wrote:I wonder what they gonna do with cooling
I think they would use the same great hole exit, at the back of the Engine Cover, like RB does too.

http://images.gpupdate.net/large/145270.jpg

timbo
timbo

From the picture you posted before (with zoomed F10B image) it doesn't look so.
Anyway, we have to wait a little I guess)

Afterburner

I have the feeling they've could go lower with the exausts like RB, why didn't they follow the same route?

ringo

Gilles 27 wrote:
ringo wrote:Where are you all seeing the exhaust openings?
Just look at page 90

or here

http://f1around.files.wordpress.com/201 ... o-f103.jpg
Thanks, it's somewhat a little higher. I wonder where it blows through and if it will give big gains.
This exhaust height doesn't seem to be much lower than Mclarens. Or maybe i am looking at it wrong.
For Sure!!