Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Holm86

Re: Ferrari F10

Thats a great pic.

Speed_399
Speed_399

Afterburner

Now it makes more sense, the first spot pointed for the exausts was just too high. By the photos doesn't seems to be a pull rod suspension on that chassis...

wesley123
wesley123

Also the sidepod shape has changed from the front, wich is great visible due to lighting that the bulge is gone and the side is 'flat'
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Goran2812
Goran2812

argh... the back end,where the exhaust goes out is still too bulky and wide...
it looks to me like they left a hole on purpose just above the exhaust... probably to let the heat out or something...
the rear of the red bull still looks more elegant...
but if it works,fine by me! can't wait for valencia now!!!
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

jason.parker.86
jason.parker.86

Does look very very fat!

Blackout

Goran2812 wrote:argh... the back end,where the exhaust goes out is still too bulky and wide... it looks to me like they left a hole on purpose just above the exhaust... probably to let the heat out or something...
the rear of the red bull still looks more elegant...
because Ferrari kept the same bodywork/engine cover and the same gearbox and suspensions, only the exhausts and their outlets changed... and the diffuser of course.

ringo

That body work may be just a temporary thing.
Sorta like how ferrari ran the 09 wing when the car just came out.
Maybe they'll have a new more tapered cover for valencia. They can't have the same effects as the redbull if the exhuast doesn't havr a greater interaction with the free stream air passing over the sidepod.

the DDD would have to be widened as well then bored for the exhaust to pass through the upper deck.
For Sure!!

Ratatouille
Ratatouille

Does this exhaust heat actually feeds the diffuser only? For me it seems it might also provide heating for the tyres.

Still seems too far away from the diffuser to make such a big gain there, so the tyre heating stuff might be the real magic here.

ringo

maybe that's redbull q3 secret. Get heat in the tyres at a rapid rate. benefits running in cold temps. I wonder if its detrimental when the tyres are overheated.
For Sure!!

marcush.
marcush.

I don´t think there is big difficulty in getting heat into a rear tyre when 700+HP are available at a stab with the foot.A little overambitious on throttle and the rears heat quicker than icecream in the sun..The big trouble is getting the fronts
to work as quick as the rears .
I´d go along the theories of JT ,that heat is more an enemy than wanted to tyre performance,but as you inevitably get a heating of the tyre through work done ,I´d say the important thing is to reach ANY working temp as quick as possible on all four corners simulataneous will give best results ,as balance will at least not change .

Pedro
Pedro

Ratatouille wrote:Does this exhaust heat actually feeds the diffuser only? For me it seems it might also provide heating for the tyres.
I wouldn't say it will have any significant impact on tyres temperature. The new exhaust layout and hot air could more likely result in reducing their drag = another small gain of that solution.
Source: F1news.cz
http://www.f1news.cz

Italiano
Italiano

Holm86 wrote:Image

Thats a great pic.
Pretty please, can I have one without the ugly blue crap? For my new wallpaper :D
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

autogyro
autogyro

IMO the lower exhaust has little effect on tyre temperature or diffuser effectiveness.
It simply allows the coke bottle shape to be perfected reducing drag and smooths airflow over the rear aero array.
The negative may be excess heat on the push rod suspension.
I do not think Ferrari will be able to add a pull rod system within the regulations and time frame.
I also believe that the FIA has allowed these shakedown runs in an attempt to get teams like Ferrari back up to speed for closer racing.
I would be worried that such a radical change at the rear might upset the aero balance without more work on the diffuser.

Blackout

SchumacherM wrote:
Pretty please, can I have one without the ugly blue crap? For my new wallpaper :D
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6337/img5508va.jpg