Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
aral
aral

Re: Ferrari F10

Wesley, I cant fathom your reasoning, in any way. Unless you have official proof of the fuel consumption of the Ferrari, and proof that its length is directly related to its fuel tank size, then it is difficult to take your arguments seriously. By the way, do you know the lengths of Sauber, STR, Ferrari??

bar555
bar555

FRONT WING - MONACO FLAP REDUCTION

At Monaco teams usually add flap in order to gain extra downforce but Ferrari instead preferred to reduce the flap’s inner chord probably to improve the airflow under the car and towards the diffuser . At Turkey the team reverted back to the old spec wing .
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

wesley123
wesley123

gilgen wrote:Wesley, I cant fathom your reasoning, in any way. Unless you have official proof of the fuel consumption of the Ferrari, and proof that its length is directly related to its fuel tank size, then it is difficult to take your arguments seriously. By the way, do you know the lengths of Sauber, STR, Ferrari??
Well there are comparasion pics of car lengths, and the ferrari engined cars are waylonger then the rest. You aint going to tell me that only those teams chose an long car whereas others kept it as short as possible.

And proving that the ferrari is the most consuming? common, it is well known that the ferrari engin requires more cooling than others and has more consumption then others.

I really cannot search for you about an graph wich shows consumption, i believe it was in the 2009-2015 regulations topic
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

siskue2005

hi bar555 ....thank you for the update =D>

aral
aral

wesley123 wrote:
gilgen wrote:Wesley, I cant fathom your reasoning, in any way. Unless you have official proof of the fuel consumption of the Ferrari, and proof that its length is directly related to its fuel tank size, then it is difficult to take your arguments seriously. By the way, do you know the lengths of Sauber, STR, Ferrari??
Well there are comparasion pics of car lengths, and the ferrari engined cars are waylonger then the rest. You aint going to tell me that only those teams chose an long car whereas others kept it as short as possible.

And proving that the ferrari is the most consuming? common, it is well known that the ferrari engin requires more cooling than others and has more consumption then others.

I really cannot search for you about an graph wich shows consumption, i believe it was in the 2009-2015 regulations topic
Unfortunately all you say is "guesswork" and "hearsay". Nowhere have you provided proof to back up your assertions. Re cooling. That doesnt prove anything, other than showing that the engine has different characteristics. Their radiators may be bigger with smaller intakes, or vice versa. Also if Ferrari is longest, then how do STR and Sauber manage with a shorter car. PROOF PLEASE!

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

[-o< there are graphs and charts on this board showing the Ferrari is a hot head and has the greatest fuel consumption based on last years data.

It is a widely accepted fact and opinon on this forum, stop being such a narrow minded fanboy.

aral
aral

Confused_Andy wrote:[-o< there are graphs and charts on this board showing the Ferrari is a hot head and has the greatest fuel consumption based on last years data.

It is a widely accepted fact and opinon on this forum, stop being such a narrow minded fanboy.
I object to your attack! I am certainly not a "fanboy" whatever that is. A car can run hot, either by accident or design. If Ferrari opt to run at a certain temperature, that is their business. It could be to suit the fuel and additives that are used, but it is NO indication that Ferrari use more fuel! That is a mad theory. I asked for PROOF, but sad to say, this is not forthcoming!

nemoqueverto
nemoqueverto

Confused_Andy wrote:[-o< there are graphs and charts on this board showing the Ferrari is a hot head and has the greatest fuel consumption based on last years data.

What I can suggest you Confused_Andy is to read for example this article:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/06/f ... e-on-fuel/
Last edited by nemoqueverto on 23 Jun 2010, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
E=mc²

korzeniow
korzeniow

It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

ChrisR20XX
ChrisR20XX

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Ferrari_ ... VHome.aspx

The European GP Preview are featuring some nice shots, but there's also a onboard for Alonso.

autogyro
autogyro

That Ferrari sounds real strange almost like traction limiting

sticky667
sticky667

Goran2812
Goran2812

that's all they came up with? :? :shock:
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

PlatinumZealot

Yeah it looks sorta.. cut and dry when compared to the RedBull who has the openings in the upper deck. Well on the other hand, Ferrari's designers seem to make simple designs work really well. I will be looking forward to how competitive this car is in the quali.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

WAIT!!

Am I seeing two exhaust pipes per side here? (a Y pipe, one high and one low to the floor)

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028