Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
scarbs
scarbs

Re: Ferrari F10

Goran2812 wrote:isn't there a slit a little left and up from the "http" ?
You can see a slot there, but that is the inlet to the upper deck from beneathe the floor. This isnt where the exhaust enters the diffuser. In fact the thursday floor shown here, suggests Ferrari arent going to blow inside the floor. Instead they blow 'over' the floor, this 'powers' the gurneys added to the exit of the diffuser. Which BTW will stil be legal next year under the DDD banning rules.

Goran2812
Goran2812

Blackout wrote:they haven't enlarged nothing. it's as big as before (China).
nope... the upper part of the difusor, let's call the top,that covers it all is wider...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

mith

It's not wider. Picture is taken at stepper angle and it looks slightly larger.

Goran2812
Goran2812

well... FP1 over... hmm... what to think of it? guys?
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Blackout

ahmedvortex wrote:
Blackout wrote:Not gold, multi-layer insulation...

I don't know what those lines are. Red Bull used them when tey tested the current exhausts for the first time.

hi venom :wink: , i've seen those stripes before , they use to notice the propagation of heat on the exposed surfaces ( race condition) to define the carbon density to apply, after some laps they find the initial stripes with different degrees of colors.
Ahlan wa sahlan :D
Thanks. Interesting.

madly
madly

casper
casper

Its fugly and at P9, slow

ringo

it's p1 now, and is very fast in sector 3, the tightest part of the track.
The blown diffuser is really helping a lot.
For Sure!!

donskar
donskar

casper wrote:Its fugly and at P9, slow
Calm down. It's too early to be judging (though it was fastest in P2). :lol: =D>
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

bill shoe wrote:Traction Control Issue- The engine has severe fluttering or misfiring sounds throughout the video. This is a clear contrast to the moments when the engine is pulling clean. Something is going on. The odd fluttering sound occurs right after gear changes.

The rules used to allow (and may still allow) 200 milliseconds for the computer to actively control the throttle after a gearchange. The was because the throttle needed to be actively controlled for the gearchange itself. If I remember correctly, Ferrari was the first to take advantage of this loophole to create 0.2 second bursts of traction control after gearchanges. The interesting thing is that the burst in the above video seems to be longer than 200 ms. Less than 1 second, but more than 200 ms. Perhaps after the 200 ms closed-loop traction control phase there is an open-loop transition phase back to the regular engine map, and this transition has the effect of making the fluttering noise longer than 200 ms.

I made a bit of a guess above, but anyone who wants to claim there is no traction control needs to come up with some kind of plausible explaination for the severe fluttering noise. A statement that Ferrari would not break the rules is not a functional explaination in this regard.
Something I noticed in that video, no lights on the wheel until right at the end where he appears to turn them on to do a practice start. He must be short shifting or otherwise he would be hitting the limiter. Very wierd things going on in that video. The flutter I have heard before on other cars this year and last year though.

madly
madly

Photo below is my maybe less technical, but I fallen in love with this one :D

mrp5150

I love the new look of the Ferrari with the new modifications and it seems to be faster as well. Hopefully they can keep the pace up in qualifying and the race. Massa still seems to be struggling with the car though.

madly
madly

'Hanging' photos

zgred

madly
madly